How do I set up a second y-axis on a scatter chart?

x-axis       = Price from $1.30 to $1.80
left y-axis  = % of ownership from 24% to 30%
right y-axis = $value of deal from $x to $y

How should information be displayed to set up scatter diagram with 2 y axes?

I should be grateful if you would email me at suzanne@beerworth.com.

Thank you
Suzanne

Suzanne -

Plot your two series (you need at least two series before Excel will allow you
secondary axes). Double click on one of them, and on the Series tab, check
Secondary. This gives you by default just a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X
axis in addition to or instead of the secondary Y axis, select Chart Options from
the Chart menu, and on the Axes tab, check the combination of axes that you want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Suzannemoss wrote:

> x-axis       = Price from $1.30 to $1.80
> left y-axis  = % of ownership from 24% to 30%
> right y-axis = $value of deal from $x to $y
>
> How should information be displayed to set up scatter diagram with 2 y axes?
>
> I should be grateful if you would email me at suzanne@beerworth.com.
>
> Thank you
> Suzanne

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

All charts in gray color
In SharePoint Sever after I upload a excel file all my charts are displayed in single gray color, not even a different tones of gray just one tone, any idea how to correct that behavior? Thanks in advance ...

Organization Settings Error
Seems like everyone is having a similar issue with CRM 3.0, no supprise then whats following... Problem: Error message to contact sysadmin when selecting either System Settings or Fiscal Year Settings. (you can access Auto Numbering) Tried: Changed expiry on server to immediately from 3 days. Rebooted both server and client, with no fix. Deleted all cached Internet files, with no fix. Can anyone help ?? (my only other thought is to wait till Monday and see if anything hanging in the system expires (3 days)). Any help greatly appreciated. I dont know if this helps? You may have...

how do I show filter information on a pivot chart in excel2007?
In the previous version of Excel that I used you had the option to show Pivot Chart buttons which detailled how the chart had been filter. I can't find a replacement for this in 2007 so if someone prints the chart it isn't comprehensive in that you can't tell how it's been filtered. I create a lot of these for less experienced users and this info can be critical since descisions are made based on these charts. Can anyone help please? -- ATB Russ Hi, See the reply to my question about the same issue (added 16/9). That works. You just need to modify the macro for every s...

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

Setting Default mail handler
Hello All I am running Windows 2k Professional, Internet Explorer 6 Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 97. I use Outlook Express because it's best for these newsgroups, and I also use it for all emailing. I use Outlook for calendar. The problem is that when I click a Send Email button on a website, or I want to use a 'Send Object' command from an Access application, etc. etc., I keep getting a window popping up that asks me to 'Choose Profile' - and the only option available in the drop-down window is Outlook: but I want to use Outlook Express! In Outlook Express, under Tools...

Chart's DataTable
Some times we need to show source data with chart. we could turn it true by use specific name in axis(xlcategory) or by using source data 's linking picture . Both of these could help us to show specific series. and as all of us know that, the chart's datatable will show all of the series' value. I want to know whether we can hide any dummy series in chart's data table directly. Thanks for your answer in advance. Hi, No. Formatting, including hiding, of chart data table elements is very restricted. This may help http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

Automatic axis format

Concatenating two sets of records
I have two "sub"-queries that each yield the correct set of data from each of two sets of source tables. These tables have some degree of commonality (but are not "related"). The field (column) names in each of these two queries are identical to one another. Where one either of the queries does not produce any data for a particular field that only has meaning in the other query, I simply define a field with the appropriate name (i.e., the same name as in other other query)and assign it a value of Null. What I now want to do is bring BOTH result sets together (conc...

how to chart same cell in multiple sheets
I have an excel template with 3 worksheets that I created for others to input information into certain cells on each sheet on a daily basis, and resulting save with similar file names. I want to compare the information between workbooks (plotting) to see if the trend results are going up or down. Is there a way to plot a chart, based upon the information in one specific cell (or same specific group of cells) within multiple sheets (excel 2000 or 97)? I can present the information in various ways. 1) Same cell or group of cells within same named worksheet, over many workbooks (files)....

VBA
Dear all, I have several charts in a sheet for which I need to change the data ranges. Currently each chart has a different data range, and for each chart the new desired data range is just an straightforward extension of the original (i.e., the new data ranges could be easily calculated from the original ones just by adding a fixed number of rows/ columns). I am therefore trying to implement a macro for updating the data ranges of my charts automatically, but so far I haven't found a way for getting the actual data range of a chart. I guess I'm looking for something like the opposit...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

XY Scatter Chart #2
I am creating a chart inside of a microsoft access form. I am trying to use the XY Scatter chart. On the Y-axis, I have 2 columns of data listed based on 50 units. On the X-axis, I have a timeline based on days. When I press the 'Preview Chart' button when I am going through th wizard and the chart and data look exactly like I need it to. Once click the finish button, I get a totally different look. Has anyon ran into this before? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe the chart was created with series in rows, instead of columns. To fix that: Open the f...

Creating Multiple charts in an Excel Sheet :Post 2
Hi, I am posting this for the second time.Please provide me some help. I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet should contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Is it possible to create a macro for the same? Please can somebody help me with some vba code for creating multiple charts in a single excel sheet. Thanks, Sobha You should be able to find something here for the charting piece. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html "i.sobha@gmail.co...

Create two curves with different time histories in same chart?
I have two time series with different sample intervals I want to present the curves in the same chart You can plot both series together in an XY chart. However, an XY chart doesn't give as nice formatting options for dates along the axis (for example, in a line chart you can have a tick mark and label at the first of each month, but not on an XY chart). To preserve this, make a line chart with both series, then select one, right click on it, choose Chart Type, and select an XY type. If necessary, format the XY chart so it is plotted on the primary axis with the line chart. - Jon -...

Setting up Simple Budget in money 2003 = Impossible!
Here's my criteria...up until this point I've been doing this by hand in a basic ledger book, and the only part that really sucks is the Deposit Entry. I was hoping MONEY 2003 would be the solution to all my problems by AUTOMATING this process, but alas.... I must be a financial retard because I just can't get this thing to work the way I'd like it to. My Scenario is quite simple...all I want money to do is track a simple budget for me. Example: I have four monthly bills: Telephone Cable Mortgage Electricity ON average, my MONTHLY expenses for these categories are: Telephon...

chart expands when data does
I would like to have a bar graph that exdpands when I add lines to the data worksheet. I know there is a way to do this, i just can not figure it out with out changing the source data everytime I add data. Help! (Thanks!) Hi, Details of the Named range approach can be found here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html You can also use Lists xl2003, Tables in xl2007 Cheers Andy ericaamousseau wrote: > I would like to have a bar graph that exdpands when I add lines to the data > worksheet. I know there is a way to do this, i just can not figure it out > with out...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

Problem with Charting Null Values
I had several charts that I have around for a long time which worked famously. When the dataset values were NULL (not ZERO) the line stopped. This is what I want to happen. Recently I made some minor changes in the chart size and position on the worksheet, but did NOT alter the data source or chart type. Now when the dataset values are NULL the chart treats them as ZEROs and the trace goes to zero instead of just stopping. What do I need to do to "correct" this? Thank you in advance for your input and expertise. -- MJ Hi MJ See if the article at http://tinyurl.com/67x...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

Setting Prnt Areas & Page Breaks
Hi All, Here's the challenge: I have a master sheet of questions, with different subsets to be answered based upon the type of sale. The questions are interspersed. so there are not clean blocks for each type. I can control the questions being show using a code and a macro, which hides the non-relevant rows. Issue: I want to be able to cleanly print the various sets. Currently, when I have the page breaks set for the largest group, that group looks fine, but the other groups come out sometimes with just a few lines per page. I figure a macro and setting print area and inserting page bre...