How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning

Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points)
based on a variable (value of a cell).  Start point is always the same.  For
instance, a table is created based on a formula.  The chart should stop when
values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200
datapoints (20-200 rows).  I know how many datapoints should be included, but
not how to terminate the graph based on this number.  I would prefer to do
this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only
way.
0
Jon1 (137)

Hi,

It would be nice to see some sample data, with an explanation of what you
want based on that.  For example what defines end of range?

Probably the solution should be something like this:

Use dynamic range names

1.  Plot your chart using the entire range, lets say A1:B50.
2.  Choose Insert, Name, Define and in the Names in workbook line enter X
3.  On the Refert to line enter the formula:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000),,-24)
4.  On the Names in Workbook line enter Y
5.  Edit the formula in the Refers to line to read: (change the first
reference from A to B)
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000),,-24)
4.  Click OK.
5.  Select the series on the chart and on the formula bar change formula from
=SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$50,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$50,1)
=SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!X,Sheet1!Y,1)
and press Enter.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jon" wrote:

> Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points)
> based on a variable (value of a cell).  Start point is always the same.  For
> instance, a table is created based on a formula.  The chart should stop when
> values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200
> datapoints (20-200 rows).  I know how many datapoints should be included, but
> not how to terminate the graph based on this number.  I would prefer to do
> this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only
> way.

make colour in rows stay
How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data or sort alphabetically? Thanks and God Bless, Harley Use CF http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Crowraine" <Crowraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED158D7D-62AB-4DA8-A948-2A6556D8047C@microsoft.com... > How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data > or sort alphabetically? > > Thanks and God Bless, > Harley ...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

mickeysoft goes off the deep end
<http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-5069246.html?tag=fd_lede1_hed> They can't be serious. -- We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant. Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to our own. Bend over right now. Resistance is futile. In article <0001HW.BB7B6C42007709DDF0407600@enews.newsguy.com>, Charles Dyer <charlesd@newsguy.com> wrote: > They can't be serious. Oh, but they are - and a certain subset of MS customers (mostly large corporations who buy thousands of licenses at a time) are clamo...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Create individual files from a row

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Determine number of rows with data

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

underline in row not repeating
It seems as if my bottom of the cell outline is not repeating on subsequent pages. I have a few header rows on a sheet. The bottom row has a bottom line. I'm talking about cell outlines, not underlining of words in the cell. Anyway, I've told the print option to repeat the first 3 rows on following pages but the bottom outline does not seem to repeat. How can I fix this? Thanks, Keith Never mind. This seems to be working. Not sure what was going on the first time. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OM82rj8rIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

How to unhide Excel rows after they are automatily hidden
Helpful advice on posting to newsgroups here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Chuck" wrote in message ...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

Offline setting in Outlook 2002
Running a laptop with Windows XP SP1 & Outlook 2002. Outlook is configured as a MAPI client (for use w/ Exchange 2000 server). User also has an .ost file configured locally on the laptop. The laptop is often connected to the corporate network via VPN using a Cisco VPN client. From time to time, while connected via VPN, Outlook goes into Offline mode. Restarting Outlook does not result in the program coming out of Offline status. I've found that the only way to resolve this issue is for the user to log off/on again and restart Outlook. At present, I've configured Outloo...