How do I scale the axis of a chart from external data so that dis.

Please use Subject line for topic heading and 'white space' for the actual
questions. You question was truncated

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"statherdunn" <statherdunn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

Deactivating an embedded chart
Is it possible to deactivate an embedded chart (chart in a worksheet, not a chartsheet). I have an embedded chart that has a large data source range (about 10,000 cells) and a VBA macro that performs some calculations and inputs the results into these cells, but the chart updates in realtime and it slows the macro down quite a lot. I have read that the following code could be used if the chart is in its own chartsheet: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Chart_Deactivate -------------------- But my chart is embedded, so how could I deactivate/reactivate it? Alternatively, I though...

Combining multiple Stacked Charts
I have 3 scenarios with info on Asset A and Asset B for 10 years. I can create stack charts for each scenario independently, but can not figure out how to combine all 3 onto 1 chart across multiple years. x axis is year and each year should have 3 stacked lines Y Axis should be total value of both Assets Any help appreciated Does this help? http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JANeyer" <...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Cascading Combo for Chart Source
I have found some examples of how to use a combo to set the data source of an excel chart (see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html), using a combo to set an offset. In this case I'd have a combo box of counties which return number which is used as the offset. The relevant row is then used as the source for the chart. COUNTY WEEK01 WEEK02 WEEK03 WEEK04 Staffordshire 1.1 1.2 1.4 2.1 Derbysire 2.1 3.3 4.1 2.2 .... However, I have another spreadsheet that has the monitoring stations within counties. There are hundreds so it wouldn'...

Move a single org chart shape
This is a simple question (I hope). I am trying to reduce the vertical space between the shapes at the top of my organizational chart. If I try to move or nudge any one of these shapes, all of the shapes below it also move thus making it impossible to close the gap. If I try using the "change spacing" feature, it rearranges all of the shapes in my chart. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Claudia The change spacing feature has several options, one of which is the Selected Shape. That should allow you to change the spacing for that shape only. So, i...

How to chart?
Need Help Charting Data -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 ...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Making charts equivalent
We track the average patient value on a number of different analytes. Is there a standard way to make the graphs appear equivalent? If I track hemoglobin with a mean of 14.0 with the minimum set at 10 and the max set at 18, and then I have a second graph for hematocrit that has a mean of 38, but the max is set at 41 and the min at 35, the latter is a steep graph, and the former is flat, even though the hemoglobin values are approximately 1.3 the hematocrit. But the setting of the axis values can potentially make data look misleading. I am looking for a rule so that data will appear consist...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

Chart not to pull Zero's
I am working on an Excel Chart that has future months showing with a Zero dollar value and it is charting the future months on my chart. Is there a way to get it so that the Zero's will not show up? I have a formula that is pulling the amount from another chart. Thank you for your help. Change "" to NA() in your formula. This puts #N/A into the cells, which is unattractive in the worksheet, but which is not plotted on a line or XY chart. =IF(A1=0,NA(),A1) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ __...

Data Protection
Where are in the process of implementing CRM and have a number of concerns relating to Data Protection. Is there any data protection experts out there who could advice on any question we might have ? Thanks ...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Integrated Scales
I have a client who needs to integrate a scale with the RMS software. They sell candy and they want to be able to integrate this for fast and accurate transactions. Does Microsoft provide this feature? Andrea Yes, you can use an OPOS scale. Head over to the partner private newsgroup as this was just discussed there - you'll find a link on Partner Source. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all ca...

pie charts #9
How do I surpress the numbers from showing on a pie chart and just show labels? Select the pie, not the whole chart, and right click it, select Format Data Series ..., Data Labels tab, and select from there. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74DDD842-6CF7-4C83-8BCF-1E3ABE4C637D@microsoft.com... > How do I surpress the numbers from showing on a pie chart and just show > labels? ...