How do I put a chart into a new sheet?

The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new
sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore.  Does anyone know how to
do that?W
0
erica (15)

If you right click the chart (near the outer edge0 there is an option location.

"Erica" wrote:

> The version of excel I usually use has a prompt to put the chart into a new
> sheet, where you don't see the spreadsheet anymore.  Does anyone know how to
> do that?W
0
Joel (168)

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Save a new file with the name that is in cell "C7"
Here is what I want to do: Open up a template. Enter information. Click on save, and when the window shows up asking me to name the file, I want it to automatically use a file name with the value in cell C7. As an example, if cell C7 has "Milton 287-12", I want to automatically name the file"Milton 287-12" when I save for the first time. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe Hi, Lunker, Try pasting the following code into a macro sheet and running it with Alt-F8 Change the path to whatever you require between the quote in line 3 and "A1" to whatever cell you want...

How do I change default font for all new comments in Office 2003?
I just installed Office 2003 and transfered excel files from the older version. The comments that I had created before I moved to 2003 look fine in the default font (Tahoma); however, when I try to insert a new comment, the same font (same size, same formatting) the text looks virtually unreadable. I changed font in some comments and they look much better, but it is extremely inefficient to try to change font in every new comment I insert, so I thought maybe there is a way to do it on a default basis. Or maybe I somehow could change something to make Tahoma appear readable. Please, assi...

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

Index Function acceptig data from another sheet
I have posted a file at: https://filesanywhere.com I can enter cell referances in the arguments for the index function and it will return the value in the intersecting cell, but when I enter the values for the arguments by pointing to cells on another sheet I receive errors, even though the value in the cells I pointed to is identical to the values entered manually. I think that the posted file explains the problem better. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Not able to open the link "Gulfman100" wrote: > I have posted a file at: > https://filesanywhere.com > &g...

Move Project Server 2007 to new domain
Hi, We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server. We will be using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration. Everything will stay the same with the server, just the domain will change. Will using the ADMT tool work for this? Thanks Carlos Hello Carlos, we've migrated a project server to a new domain some time ago. We've used a tutorial for the migration: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx We've only migrated the users and groups (with SID-History) ...

How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it the.
How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a default printer and can print from other programs. The best answers to EXCEL questions will be found in an EXCEL newsgroup. Select EXCEL from the list on the left, then select a subitem associated with your query, such as Printing. Be sure to describe exactly what happens when you try to select the new printer. -- "Pat SP" <Pat SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8812E94C-FE3A-4DD8-867F-45640BD66D3A@microsoft.com... > How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a defaul...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

summary sheet?
I am using Excel 2K and Windows 2K. I have a set of worksheets in a workbook that are identically formatted. Is it possible to create a summary sheet that will automatically place the worksheet name in one column and information next to it from say cells A1,C1,F30 from all worksheets. I'm not a great VB whizz. Any help greatly appreciated. TIA Ket This will add a new sheet and create the list. Press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, and paste in the code. Then run the macro: Sub Summary() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim i As Integer i = 2 Sheets(1).Activate Sheets.Add With Sheets(1) ...

How to create a calendar from date information in XL sheet.
I have an XL spreadsheet that contains multiple columns, one of which contains data in date & time format. Is there a way to export this data and associated information from the record to another application, for example Word, and create a calendar? Any suggestions how to manipulate this XL data are welcomed. Thanks! ...

Excluding data points in a chart
Is there some way to specify conditions under which data points should be excluded in a chart? In particular, I have two columns for which I want to create a scatter plot. However, some of the rows are missing data for one or the other column. Is there a simple way to tell Excel to ignore such rows? Jim Hi Jim, 1) With the chart selected, use Tools|Options and open the Chart tab; specify what is to happen with missing values OR 2) Where data is missing enter =NA() -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "JM" <anonymous@discussions....

help choosing a chart format.
In my last job, we had a waterfall plot that would show time on the X axis, frequency on the y axes and the marker would change color according to magnitude of the signal. is there a good chart that will perform this type of plot? It is kind of like an XY scatter plot with a variable color. see peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fugazi48" <fugazi48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6088FA-C207-4CB2-A103-02CD9549D7E5@microsoft.com... > In my last job, we ...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

Is there a size limit for putting a excel webpage online?
I took a large spreadsheet with an autofilter in place and created a webpage from it, but have never been able to get it to work after putting it online. Where can I help on this subject? I sent it to someone else who sd he would try something and he sd it was too big for frontpage. I put all my CDs in software to get info on them then exported to a txt file, then put that in excel and tweeked it and put in the filter. It's around 3450 rows long (to give some reference) Thanks, Pull ...

plotting charts #2
I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same worksheet. The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph that is plotting all the cells. The format of my worksheet does not change. Hi, See here for details on dynamic ranges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy enyaw wrote: > I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same > worksheet. The a...

How do I remove the outline protection in Excel sheet?
When I use the sheet protection feature of Excel, I can not unprotect the outlining feature of the spreadsheet. I would like to protect some cells in the spreadsheet, but not disable the outlining expanding and collapsing feature. I am not asking to edit the outline. I just want to use the outlining features as a means to navigate large sheets. Currently, I have to unprotect the sheet in order to expand or collapse the outline. Is there a way to view a protected sheet with the outlining features enables? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code...

How do I create a new email account
Please send me step by step instructions on setting up several email accounts. I have tried and it keeps failing on the test. I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Any information on where to go to learn more about emails for my business would be greatly appreciated. thanks, kathy Dear Kathy, your Outlook version is? have a look on this site "how to create" for different Outlook versions email accounts (POP3, IMAP, Exchange etc.): https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=35,50372&_dad=portallive&_schema=PORTALLIVE -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook ...

3M SandBlaster 423-120 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 120-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet
Price:$7.30 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLHW3Q Sandblaster, 2 Pack, 120G 3.7" x 9" Large Flexible Abrasives Detailed Sandpaper, Lasts 10 Times Longer Than Normal Sandpaper, Extreme Durability, Ultimate Comfort, Sandpaper Can Also Be Used On Detailed Flexible Abrasives Tool True Value #630-485. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: 3M SandBlaster 423-180 Flexible Sanding Pad, 3.7 x 9.25-Inch, 180-Grit, Rectangle, 2-Sheet:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000GLE1OO 3M SandBlaster 413-220 Flexib...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Exporting an Excel Chart into Access
Hi, Does anyone know how to basically do as the title of this post says: Export an Excel Chart into a report and/or form on Access? I know I will be pushing my luck here, but if anyone also knows if it is possible to produce a graph from a query in Access - please let me know! Thanks, T8RSP -- T8RSP ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T8RSP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517792 ...

Reduce chart white space
When I create a pie chart, a terrible amount of white space exists around the pie. When I insert it into PowerPoint, it takes up way too much room. I can increase the size of the pie, but that still leaves a tremendous amount of white space on the left and right sides. Any ideas? Thanks, Vinod Crop the object in PowerPoint ... After you paste, Format Picture / Picture Tab allows you to crop the item. >-----Original Message----- >When I create a pie chart, a terrible amount of white space exists >around the pie. When I insert it into PowerPoint, it takes up way too >much ro...

importing a .csv so data on new lines?
I have a csv file. The data is separated by commas and each record is on a new line. Is there any way to import the data into Word so that the data that is separated by commas in the csv appears on a new line within Word while each record is separated by a blank line? Here is one option. '-------------------------------------------------------------- Sub SpecCSVimport() Const ForReading = 1 Dim strPath As String Dim strLine As String Dim i As Integer Dim arrFileLines() As String Dim arrOneLine() As String Dim fso strPath = "C:\Test\My CSV.csv" S...

How do I convert Outlook from 2000 to 2003 on a new computer?

Easy way to reference a specific cell in a new worksheet
This project is for week over week sales. A new worksheet is added every week. The current week's sales are in Column E for every salesperson and the previous week's sales are in Column F. I would like the Column F to automatically reference Column E on the previous worksheet every time a new worksheet is added by copying the previous worksheet. It's not that hard to work around it now, I would just like to save time and automate the process. Is this possible? Let me know if what I am attempting to do does not make sense. TIA Hi without VBA this is not possible -- ...

The new CRM VPC "Cannot display web page"
I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch CRM. Neither through Outlook nor Web client. Any suggestions? Thank you! maybe you have an IP address conflict? Change the network settings within the virtual pc console to "local only" and restart the system. "Suzy" wrote: > I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection > and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch > CRM. Neither through Ou...