how do I print a chart 1 to 1 scale?

I need to take an excel plot and print it 1:1 scale.  I'm creating templates
with the data plotted on the chart.  The X axis is the larger scale, and
varies by application.  I can get the value for the maximum "X", and use that
to set the plot, and I'm comfortable using VBA, but can't seem to find a
connection between the area I'm trying to plot, and a way to scale the plot
so that after printing my x-axis prints true to life.  Any Ideas?
0
Josh1654 (104)

Simulating a Zodiac with a chart
I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to color sections similar to a pie chart. I have plotted this before using Sin/Cos of the degree but did not have the ability to color the pie shape pieces. Is this possible? So say I want from 360* (top dead center) to 90* (left quadrant) to be shaded, how would I do this and with what type of chart? Hi, Donut chart will provide the shaded circular sections. Cheers Andy gtslabs wrote: > I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to > color sections similar to a pie chart. > I have plotted this bef...

How do I connect cell color to bar chart color?
I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the colors of the bars were connected to the color of the cell. I was not able to determine how that was accomplished and the author of the spread sheet no longer works for the company that sent me the data. Does anyone know how this can be done? Hi Bob, It's possible this was done using a vba macro. For a non VBA approach have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Bob Freerks wrote: > I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the color...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

How do you ungroup charts in Powerpoint 07?
I'm trying to ungroup a chart in Powerpoint 07 like you would ungroup an object. You used to be able to do it in previous versions by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting ungroup. Can anybody help please? Thanks AK, Try this, select your chart and copy it. Home tab, click the list arrow next to Paste, select Paste Special and select Enhanced Metafile. Now you should be able to ungroup the pasted graphic. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "AKGray66" <AKGray66@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F42ED3C3-80F8-46BC-890F-B...

shared calendar/printing issues
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but seems to be a very nice folks aroun here! here's the situation I have. there's this manager who shared her calendar with her admin, her admi is able to access the calendar (the manager gave her owner' permissions), so, she's able to access it, to accept, decline, etc etc, the funny thing is that when the admin tries to print he manager's calendar, it works fine on a month view, and on a week view but when she tries to print on a day view, Outlook returns an erro message "the program interface returned an unknown error, close th app...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

Convert C:\1\2.exe to c:\1\ shlwapi
Looking a function to do that. shlwapi.lib Maybe someone else here will understand this, but it looks like a typo to me. You want to convert: C:\1\2.exe to C:\1\shlwapi (what?) Is this shortname to long name? I guess what I'm asking is what does 2.exe have to do with SHLWAPI? Tom "roxioxoto" <coco002@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154971834.120105.234410@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Looking a function to do that. > shlwapi.lib > Sorry :) Im just trying to get c:\1\2\ or c:\1\2 >From this path c:\1\2\filename.ordir using SHLWAPI lib or s...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

Documentation about CRM 1.2 db structure
Does exist any documentation about CRM 1.2 modules and related underlying SQL tables? Does exist any documentation about mapping between CRM 1.2 SQL tables and CRM 3.0 SQL tables? Many thanks If you install data migration tool, there are some excel spreadsheet contains the fields for the given entity. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. In terms of the SQL table, CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 is similar. All the custom attribute will be in the extension table. E.g. AccountBase, AccountExtension. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On ...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Money 2004 Printing/Calculation error
Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items (customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 weeks to no avail. Has anyone had erros like these? Any fixes? THANKS!! In microsoft.public.money, KLM wrote: >Whenever I attempt to print an invoice the automatically calculated items >(customer name, date, prices, tax and total) will not print nor can they be >viewed in the preview mode. I have had a MS tech working on the problem for 3 >weeks to ...

Audit log for 1 field
Hi. I am trying to create an audit log for a "tasks" database.I used Allen Browne's code and got it working on a very simple test database. When I try to do the exact thing in my production database, it gets stuck at: 'Remove any cancelled update still in the tmp table. Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) sSQL = "DELETE FROM " & sAudTmpTable & ";" db.Execute sSQL My production form has alot on it (combo lookups, date pickers, option groups, and some code behind some text boxes, etc). Would this affect it? I'm really only intereste...

Help with printing rows and/or columns
I have a spreadsheet of application data for 69 clients; therefore, there are 69 rows plus the top row of column headings. There are 41 columns. The problem I am having is trying to print just one row of application data at a time to distribute to our workers. If I filter the list, I see just one row, but when it prints, it is 5 pages long, and we are trying to reduce our cost of supplies. I tried to transpose the list, switching the rows and columns, but I can't figure out how to print the headings and just one column at a time (i.e. the heading column A + column B, A + ...

dynamic end on chart
I have to update dozens of charts every day with the previous day's stats. The new data is always added to the next column on the right. Is there a way to tell my chart to get all data even though the number of columns changes every day? Example: Yesterday I had data through column AD. Today I add data for column AE and revise the chart to get that data. What I've tried doing is telling the chart to get data through column BZ. This works but then the right side of my column chart is empty because I don't have data yet. I want the chart full size all the time. Possible? Thanks wiz...

conditional printing? macro?
here's my situation, i have a workbook with many sheets in it, each sheet if the default print shortcut button was used would print to 4 pages of A4 paper. the data on these sheets varies everyday, someday's only 1 page per sheet would be full of data others 2, 3, or 4 etc. how could i write a macro that would be able to print only the needed pages?, each page, if it contains any data would have a value in a totals cell. so i would need code along these lines Sheets("sheet1").Select IF(OR(total1="",total1=0),"don't print","don't print"...

Publisher 2000 SR-1 #2
I need to install Publisher 2000 but don't see it as an install option on my Office 2000 SR-1 CD. What CD is the Publisher 2000 installation files on? Thanks. -- Renee Williams Renee wrote: > I need to install Publisher 2000 but don't see it as an install option on my > Office 2000 SR-1 CD. What CD is the Publisher 2000 installation files on? CD 2 if you have the version of Office that included Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

Deleting duplicates and printing issue #2
will this formula work in a single column or multiple columns or both? fre -- Whitebul ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Whitebull's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27817 "Whitebull" <Whitebull.1frs5z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > will this formula work in a single column or multiple columns or both? Which? The one in col D in Sheet1? (It's a helper formula for Sheet2's formulas to read) The formula is t...

Chart won't resize correctly
I have a very basic graph with lots of excess white space I can't get rid of at the bottom. No resizing bars appear any where except for the entire plot area. I've recreated the graph without any luck. I need to get rid of the white space in order to balance the appearance. This hasn't happened with more complex graphs. Any help would be appreciated. Can you select the plot area (the rectangle in the middle of the chart) and resize that within the chart area? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

check printing #3
I have a client that just reinstalled money after a hard drive crash on a XP pro machine. He has the problem where not all of the output for a sheet of checks is printing. Only about a 2" x 3" block prints. I found the article in the knowledge base that refers to this problem. I have looked everwhere I can to find out where this paper size is set. I have looked in money print settings and control panel settings. I even checked the control pannel of the hp laserjet. I can't find it set any where. any thoughts thanks cliff And the version of Money in question is??? And (...

print categories
Hello, Can anyone tell me if there is a way to print a listing of all one's categories in Money 2004 on XP Home SP2? For that matter printing other similar lists of things would be helpful too. Like the listing of Money categories assigned to tax lines. Regards, Bob Brannon ...