How do I plot data on a map in excel

I am using Microsoft office standard 2003. I wish to plot information on a
local area map within the Clapham Park area, SW2.
0
Byron (12)

Hi,

There is no built-in functionality for this. You would need a dedicated
Mapping program with UK based information.

You can however simulate the chart. If you have an image of the map you
could use that as the plotarea pattern. You could then use a xy-scatter
graph to plot information over the map. You would have to determine the
coordinates by trial and error.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is no built-in functionality for this. You would need a dedicated
> Mapping program with UK based information.
>
> You can however simulate the chart. If you have an image of the map you
> could use that as the plotarea pattern. You could then use a xy-scatter
> graph to plot information over the map. You would have to determine the
> coordinates by trial and error.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> Byron wrote:
>
>> I am using Microsoft office standard 2003. I wish to plot information
>> on a local area map within the Clapham Park area, SW2.

Hi Jon,

I'm sure it does but I'm *#!* if I can get to it via the MS site. I
always end up back at the USA version.

A very quick web search would suggest that a copy of MapPoint,in the UK,
is in the region of �150.

I'm sure if Byron needs further assistance he will post back.

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:
> Doesn't MapPoint have a module for Europe? I don't know if it gets down
> to the resolution Byron needs, and it's up to him whether he wants to
> purchase MapPoint at USD200.
>
> Andy Pope wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is no built-in functionality for this. You would need a
>> dedicated Mapping program with UK based information.
>>
>> You can however simulate the chart. If you have an image of the map
>> you could use that as the plotarea pattern. You could then use a
>> xy-scatter graph to plot information over the map. You would have to
>> determine the coordinates by trial and error.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>

>> Byron wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Microsoft office standard 2003. I wish to plot information
>>> on a local area map within the Clapham Park area, SW2.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

Mounting old Data Stores
Hi. Due to problems with Win2003 SBS, I did a reinstall of Win2003 SBS sp1 from original CD-s. Before 'deleting' the old Windows, I made an ASR tape backup of the running server. It seams the ASR backup backed up only drive C: with all relevant data. As other data were on drive D: (Exchange data files, SQL data files,...), I backed up the D: drive too to a separate tape in a separate ntbackup session. Before the backup I used Exmerge to export all users mailboxes. Later I imported those mailboxes in a new Exchange installation. Unfortunately the user forgot to told me, they hav...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

Plotting 1 curve from 2 separate x-axis data
I have stock portfolio info for January thru June, which plots easily. After portfolio changes, I have another plot for July thru December. Plots easily. These data are on 2 separate worksheets. Now I would like to plot a single curve for the year. The first 6 months is easy. How can I plot a continuous curve for the whole year without having to insert the first 6 months worth on the last 6 months worksheet? Not sure I explained this very well, but --- Dave The easiest way is to have both sets of data on one (a new?) worksheet. Then you can plot as with one or two series. Copy a...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Map option
Hi I'm running office 2000 under win 98 I am trying to use the Map options in Excel I installed the Icon on the toolbar But when I try to use it it says that MAP is not installed So I use my CDs and try to add the option Then it says that the map option is installed during first installation Neverless i do a repair just to be safe But no result, still the same message So then I do a full re-install But the results are still the same As anybody got a clue of what is happening By the way I am using a fully official registred version so there is not something missing on the CDs Thanks...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

timeline chart within a scatter plot
I have an excel scatter plot that displays some point information when the mouse cursor hovers over the data point. The information displayed are beginning and end time for different events that occured for that particular data point. What I would like to do now is be able to chart a timeline chart that will display the different time event when I click on a datapoint. Has anyone done anything similar to this? A chart that can generate another chart in excel? Thanks, You can use the click event to trigger a VBA procedure that creates the second chart. Here's an article about chart ...

Frx: linked data worksheet summing error
We use linked data worksheets for some of our reporting. The column format displays both current period and YTD. The YTD column is not calculating the correct amounts from the worksheet. For example, if we were in period 12, it would sum the YTD column as follows. period 1: add 12x period 2: add 11x period 3: add 10x period 4: add 9x ....and so forth period 12: add 1x Obviously, this gives us a huge error in the ytd column. Anyone have an idea why this is occurring? We are using the /cpo format for the linked worksheet. Thanks ...

Help! Selecting data according to date range
I'm attempting to setup a worksheet for reminding employees to rene their licenses. I have input the data where the data range is from ro 3 - 84 (this could increase or decrease with hiring/firing, etc.). Th columns range from A - K with column H being *date*. I would like to start a new sheet (sheet2) in this workbook with th range of months in a year. In each monthly section it would search th data range in sheet 1 and return the records with the correspondin dates for that month. For example: If a employee's license expires i January, the entire record for that employee would...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

about inserting data
hi, i am new to this newsgroup. I have little knwldge in Excel. How to create tables in Excel file. and also i want to execute the quries. How can i do that. thanks, regards, koti ...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Need help with data validation format
I'm trying to make this format mandatory when someone enters his/her data in a cell. The format would be this : "### ###". Therefor, if the worksheet user doesn't enter a chain like this one : "113 244", the data just won't enter. And yes, the space beetween the 3 first and last numbers has to be there. I can't seem to find anything in the Data / Validation menu that enables me to do this :confused:. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

searching data
Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to collect "hits" of a particular entry? I have a 5-sheet workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to >collect "hits" of a particular entry? I have a 5-sheet >workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see >if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets. >. > This feature is available in Excel XP & 2003 -- in the Fin...

how to use vba in excel
I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel Have you tried using the macro recorder. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barkeroo" <Barkeroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59A36AF-B67C-4E24-8F1D-91917956CA79@microsoft.com... >I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel ...

export public folder data?

How to select data series to format? (alternative needed)
Is there an alternate way to select a data series to format in an XY Scatter chart? The only way I know of is to move the cursor close to the series line and right-click. But if the chart includes many data series and the lines are close together, it is difficult, if not "impossible", to select the desired line. I am looking for a method that presents me with a list of all the data series, and I select the one I want to "right click" (i.e. open the menu that include format, add trendline and clear, among others). Or something else that would not be so difficult to use. ...

Excel #45
How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly goto Tools - Options - General. and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kelly wrote: > How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to > leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly, Go to Tools-->Options and on the General tab uncheck the R1C1 Reference Style check box. HTH, Katherine "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C56C1F0-4FA8-4ECE-A8D4-589AF5D4A9FF@microsoft.com... > How do I change the column head...