how do i plot a rose diagram to show frequency of wind direction

can i use excel or another program in microsoft to do this?
0
Kathryn (25)

Hi Kathryn,

Get a wind rose for Excel here
http://edferrero.m6.net/content/windrose.zip

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net

"kathryn" <kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can i use excel or another program in microsoft to do this?

0
mail953 (171)

Show harvest report error when installing app on Terminal Server.
I have an application that I want to install on a terminal server to publish, but I am having difficulties. The scenario follows as below. The application is dependant on an Oracle install. What I am doing is installing the Oracle client first then I load the program. Then to print Crystal reports, I just map a network drive to the location where these premade Crystal reports reside. This works just fine and dandy on all my workstations. So, I tried to load this on a Citrix Server to publish this out, and all of the sudden when I go to run a report, I get an error that says ...

How to label frequency in Excel Chart
Hi, guys I tried to make a scatter plot in Excel. The issue is that there are repeated data points. For example, (x,y) style (1,3.4), (2,5.5), (2,5.5), (3, 9.9), (3,9.9), (4,23.0)... Can I add a related frequency number around the corresponding data point? Thank you for your help! Ming ...

ING Direct #2
I am trying to set up an ING Direct account in Ms Money 2003 following the directions on the ING web site. After completing step 12 which is "make sure ING DIRECT is selected" in the Online setup window, click next. When I do this it prompts me for a username and password. This is not what the instructions say should happen. They say Money should connect to the internet and download information for ING DIRECT. If I try to enter my customer # and PIN as the user name and password it tells me the password must not contain any numeric characters. Upon close inspection, under the passwor...

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

Showing how much longer for a due date.
I am trying to figure out how to show how much longer someone will have to send a product back if they only have 30 days to return it. I would like the cell to count down from 30-1 and show colors at different stages. Is this possible or am I asking too much? Dear, You need to be more specific on this. Is there any date element associated with this or you are going to enter the date on which someone returns the product back on the scale of 1 to 30 days. Thanks -- Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "daddyr" ...

Bill Frequency
Does or why doesn't Microsoft Money allow for an every other week skip last frequence when creating new bills? I've never seen it and it's the one frequency that I really need as that is how my Mortgage account is setup. I make payments every other week and skip the 5th week in the two months that have them. Thanks! John The Money recurrence model is **very** simple. Outlook's is much better. Even it won't handle the model you are suggesting. Why is Money's so simple? Apparently because they think Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way. It comes up here often enoug...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Inbox shows unread messages but there are none in the directory
My Outlook (office 2003) Directory for the Inbox indicates three unread messages but when looking at the list of messages there are none that are unread and if I delete all the messages in the inbox there are still three indicated as unread. I have not active filters. Any idea what is going on or how to stop it? ...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

Treo 700w and Direct Push
Greetings, (and apologies for a long post) I am having problems getting "direct push" to work with my new Treo 700w from Verizon. Our Exchange server (SP2) is behind ISA, but before we get into how the network is setup, I'd like to verify my understanding of Windows Mobile 5.0 and how it integrates with "direct push" and AUTD. First, AUTD... AUTD uses SMS messaging OR SMTP to notify the device (Windows Mobile 5.0) that it needs to sync with Exchange. Most providers provide some sort of SMTP email address (i.e. 1231231234@provider.com). So when Exchange sends ...

I'm a member of "employees" but don't show up in the GAL
I recently noticed that in my Exchange Server 2003 organization I am a member of the "Employees" mail-enabled Universal Security Group, but I am not showing up in that group in the GAL... I show up in other Distribution Groups & Security Groups & as a regular user in the GAL, but I'm missing emails sent to the "Employees" security group because I'm not showing up in the group in the GAL. Anyone know why this would happen?? I've run out of ideas. Thanks! Tas In news:1156776385.185209.210630@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, Tas <tasita@gmail.com>...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram
How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram? I have an existing process flow diagram in Visio and want to change multiple shape types to other shape types without losing the data on the current shape. I don't want to have to redo the connector lines & text inside each box. Help. Thanks. On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:43:03 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram? I have an >existing process flow diagram in Visio and want to change multiple shape >types to other shape types withou...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

Visio software diagram?
Does someone have a good Visio template to document software architecture? I need a good intituitive drawing that will include both the tasks (proecesses and threads) and data structures. Any ideas or suggestions of other tools that can do this well? Thanks, Chirag On 12 Jan 2006 19:02:22 -0800, patelc75@hotmail.com wrote: >Does someone have a good Visio template to document software >architecture? I need a good intituitive drawing that will include both >the tasks (proecesses and threads) and data structures. Any ideas or >suggestions of other tools that can do this well? You...

How do I automatically plot different ranges of data in different.
I need to chart parameters that are a function of three variables in the 2002 version of Excel. I have used the x and y axis to represent 2 variables on an 'xy chart', but require an automatic method to represent the value of the third variable. I have tried the 'bubble-plot', but cannot get sufficient resolution between the data. Is their any way that I may plot the third variable in different colours/shades, that automatically changes for different ranges of the the third variable? THis might help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart &q...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

Is there document showing differences in Outlook CRM & Browser CRM
the ones i noted so far are: Mail merge menu - not available in browser CRM Knowledgebase table - not available in Outlook CRM Service calendar - not available in browser CRM Settings - not available in Outlook CRM Search folder - not available in browser CRM If its going to be anywhere it will be in the official training courses. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "stephen" <stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F11ED10C-5F8F-4259-A8DA-3EA929B95D97@microsoft.com... > the ones i not...

Urgent Help
All, Sorry but need some quick help in this project. I was told to create a quartile chart for last one year of closing price of Soybean Commodity. I am going to paste small data set here. Can someone please guide how to show quartiles as vertical lines in a chart? Also someone please suggest what should be X axis and Y axis values here? Date Close Price 1/1/2009 38.36 Quartile 1 60.7825 1/2/2009 43.4 Quartile 2 67.27 1/3/2009 45.34 Quartile 3 76.9675 1/4/2009 46.49 1/5/2009 49.12 1/6/2009 49.5 1/7/2009 50.5 1/8/2009 51.13 1/9/2009 51.8 1/10/2009 51.86 1/11/20...

Access 2003 - Documenter
Odd Problem as arisen Access 2003 - Documenter was working, now for some reason it does not show any data when run, I've tried 3 different Access databases. Funny thing is, it WAS working last week. I've checked the options, and they are all set to bring out all data for the table or query that I chose to document. Is the Documenter gone for the weekend? LOL. -- Kindly, JH Hi JH, When you say "it does not show any data when run", are you indicating that it does not show any of your objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, etc.) when run, or are you saying tha...

old rules showing up after clean install
My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just want to uninstall office and reinstall so that my computer thinks it has never had it before, in the hope i can fix whatever is wrong with my rules. Is there another step to perform after uninstalling to completely rid any "memory" of having it installed previously? Thanks. Cut Cut <ccutlip@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote: > My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall > office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just...

OL2002 Not Showing Unread Mail
Using OL2002. In the shortcut bar, the shortcuts don't show the amount of unread mail in each particular folder. This is on my laptop. On my desktop, they show fine, so I'm assuming there's a setting on my laptop that is not set correctly? Thanks in advance. -- David Barr Yaffe, C.A.S. dave@filmsoundxyz.com (to reply remove xyz from email address) ...

Easy Frequency Counts?
I have a spreadsheet column with about 4,000 zipcodes extracted from a mailing list. Many of the zipcodes are multiples. I would like to run some sort of function to tell me how many instances of each zipcode there are. I've looked at the "frequency" and "histogram" functions, but they seem to require buckets or ranges. I need to know the count for each zipcode even if it is listed only once. Is there an easy way to do this? Many thanks. You could add titles, sort by zipcode, then apply data|subtotals to count each zipcode. Or you could add titles and use Da...