How do I make a pie chart with 42 answers that shows % each out of

I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one
answer.  So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible?
0
brmg (1)

Please give us more details,

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"brmg" wrote:

> I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one
> answer.  So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible?

Stacked Bar with Reg Bar Chart
I am using Excel 2000 I want to create a chart that compares our monthly Sales goal with the sales by catergory. Ex: $100,000 sales goal (1 bar on the graph) We sell up of 4 different products; prod a, b, c and d. The product sales $$ (ex: A = 25,000; B = 20,000; C = 10,000 and D = 5,000) would be in a stacked bar so as to see how close we are to our total sales goal. Sold $60,000 compared to our goal of $100,000. I thought I would need to have 2 axises; one for the goal and one for the actual sales bars, but I can not figure out how to do this with a bar graph. Can anyone poin...

Want chart to stop rather than goto zero
Hi, I have five and a half years of data that I am trying to plot using a area graph. My problem is that after the half year the data drops t zero, which makes it look like the year's results are dropping like stone. Is there anyway to get the graph to just stop and go flat rathe than move down at a diagonal to zero? Thanks, H3nry5 -- h3nry5Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces if your data is in rows (Say row 6 set up your initial series as in C6 =B6. in D1 =C1 etc. As you enter data write over the top of the equaition with your data. "h3nry5" wrote: >...

How do I make an A5 document with text in 2 columns in Publisher?
I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and spaces to add photos. I don't know how to do the columns or how to put in photos without upsetting the text. Any ideas? Adjust the wrap. It is the dog icon on the toolbar. Experiment with different wraps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Emma at Capital Sport" <Emma at Capital Sport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581317B6-1704-46F3-9E0D-3EDF18B69536@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an A5 brochure in landscape with 2 columns for text and > spaces to ad...

Update Chart Macro
Hi, I have a workbook that contains a summary sheet (based on a 3d formula) from which I create 2 charts. Can anyone suggest a macro so my user can press a button and a macro runs to detect any new worksheets that have been added, add this new sheet to the 3d formula in the summary sheet and the associated graphs are updated? Many thanks ...

Creating an Organizational Chart
-- Can anyone tell me how to create an organizational chart in excel. I just bought this software for that specific purpose (home & student series), but I don't know how to draw the lines connecting the boxes. I would appreciate any help! Thanks so much, Fayela Fayela - Two ways in Excel 2007: (a) Choose Insert | (Illustrations) SmartArt | Hierarchy | Organization Chart. (b) Choose Insert | (Illustrations) Shapes | ... After you create the first shape, the Drawing Tools ribbon will appear, and the connectors are available in the Lines section of the Insert Shapes group. ...

the answer dont display just the formula i input help
when i type the formula in the cell j5 =k3-100 it does not display changes when i try to input a value in k3 the formula is still displayed at j5 and does not show the answer there. help pls Go to Tools > Options View tab. In the windows option, unchek the box Formulas Mangesh "Dimetre" <Dimetre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F04624-985C-4980-ACAF-744A05F9B69B@microsoft.com... > when i type the formula in the cell j5 > =k3-100 it does not display changes when > i try to input a value in k3 > > the formula is still displayed at j5...

How do I create a "cumulative" chart in Excell, which ADDS #'s ?
I simply want to create a chart which ADDS each numerical value to the one preceeding it, resulting in a graph which, by definition, keeps increasing in value....rather than one which goes up and down to reflect each individual value entered. Hi, This is not a charting issue, instead you need to set up your data area to handle this and then chart that. For example if you have your numeric values in cells B10:M10, then in B11 enter the formula =B10+A10 (where nothing is in cell A10) and copy it across to column M. Then chart this row of data rather than row 10. -- Cheers, Shane Dev...

Link excel 2007 chart formatting
Is there any way to link the chart appearance as well as the values when I do a copy and paste of a chart in excel from one workbook to another? Currently the values change automatically but if I change the chart style in the source chart the destination charts don't get this. The other alternative is to link the chart through OLE but excel does not seem to allow me to link it under paste special (it is greyed out) unlike the other office apps (word, powerpoint). Thank in advance for your help The formatting of objects in Excel are governed by the settings of the parent workbook. ...

Dynamic Charts
I've read a lot of the entries regarding Dynamic Charts and think I understand it for a single Series, but I'm having trouble getting it to work when it's the number of Series that changes and the Category is static. I'm using a line graph (data sample below) for sales at different locations of dealerships during past years. Each dealership has a different number of locations so I have an advanced filter that provides the unique locations by dealer and would like the graph to adjust to the number of locations that are returned. Location Location Name 2005 ...

All formatting not saving in Chart Template 05-05-10
Dear Microsoft: When I apply a Chart template, in the dialogue box, it would be helpful to have the names underneath it, because it's hard to tell the difference amongts templates unless you hover over it to see the name. When I save a chart template based on a Pivot Chart, all of the formatting does not save. I would like saved template to save also the title, data values, and data series fill and border colors to save. Is there a way to do this? thanks, Varvara ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

xls chart want y axis to start from 72 not zero
On the y axis of a chart I don't seem to be able to change the y axis values from 0. I would like to change the bottom of the chart to 72 and the upper 120 so that the information is more spread out and looks more meaningful. Thanks Pete Right-click on the axis, then Format Axis/ Scale. -- David Biddulph "petewoolston" <petewoolston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB346D15-0CBB-4ADD-B59B-F5F84032149E@microsoft.com... > On the y axis of a chart I don't seem to be able to change the y axis > values > from 0. I would like to change the bot...

how do i make a pic a jpeg in msoffice2003
help what is it now? type more information in this giant blank white space: ...

X Axis:Change Numbers on Chart ? Please Help!
Hello - I'm working on a project and using an Excel Chart for the first time. I need the numbers on the X axis to reflect specific numbers (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, etc.) for a total of 26 different numbers. I cannot change them, and have tried looking up "relabel x axis", "name x axis" etc. Nothing seems to work. All that I can get it to do is go from 1.0 to 26.0 - I can't figure out how to customize the numbers displayed in the x axis of my chart. Can someone please help me with this? I've spent hour...

Two bars for a Chart with a Secondary Axis
I need to create a bar chart that shows hours worked and documents reviewed by about 6 individuals. Because the hours worked are between 2 and 18 hours and the documents reviewed range from 45 to 1800, I edited the chart to have a secondary y axis. My problem is that as soon as I did it, the 2 bars that show each individual's work (hours and docs) that were adjacent to one another now are combined into a single bar per individual. Is there any way to separate them back into separate bars? Thanks for any help! Greg Greg, You can do so by adding a set of dummy series to the chart. T...

Multiple values within one chart
I am trying to create a chart using x-axis and y-axis as a comparitive and multiple dollar value ranges within the chart. Please help! Tell us more about what you data looks like best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Sherina" <Sherina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DDA1213-F47E-4FBC-80E0-7AF6D8FBC275@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a chart using x-axis and y-axis as a comparitive and > multiple dollar value ranges within the chart. Please help! ...

Extracting Org Chart data
I have an interesting problem. I have a bunch of Visio files with Org chart information in them. Is there an easy way to extract that information and put it into a database table? - Sahil Malik [MVP] ADO.NET 2.0 book - http://codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/archive/2005/05/13/63199.aspx ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Depending on the version of Visio, there should be an export command under the Orgchart menu. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www...

Chart-HELP
I am creating a chart that has dates and acres for four different people. When I create the chart and add the series range for the first person and name it - the chart looks good...then I add the secong person's information and the series range always changes. It doesn't keep the correct range source and was originally entered - so my chart is incorrect. I am new at this and would appreciate if you could give me any help. Try adding your series through the <charty><source data> section "HLEOTY" wrote: > I am creating a chart that has dates and acres for...

Pivot Chart Axis Labels
When showing more than one field on the x-axis, how do I turn on/off axis labels for only one field. For example I have a Pivot Chart with Year, Month, Day, Hour on the x-axis. I want the field data to stay but I want to turn off the labels the the "Hour" field because they are so close they just look like a big thick black line on the x-axis. When I use Format Axis and turn Tick Mark labels to None it turns them all off. I would like to show the labels for Year, Month, Day but not Hour. Did you eventually discover a solution? Hi, What exactly do you want to know about P...

Help Wanted: 2 value axises in pivot chart
I need both the X and Y-axis of my pivot chart to be a value axis. Ho can I change the X-as to become a value axis instead of a categor axis? Easily or by using visual basic. I'm using the 1997 and 200 version of Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XY Scatter Plot? -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy kristoffransen > <<kristoffransen.11mkw9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kristoffransen.11mkw9@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need both the X and Y-axis of my pivot chart to be a value axis. How > can I change the X-as to become a value axis instead of ...

Stock Charts?
Is this the right place to ask about your site: http://comprehensivetechnicals.com/ I have been trying it for a while but I dont get why I would ever buy the cd when the chart is free. ...

Making Excel charts with exactly the same size
I am amking a report and I have several diagrams that I want to have the same size (exact). However, I only manage to change the size of the diagram-"bok" numerically. How can you fix the size of the actual diagram numerically (and not by mouse)? Anyone? Please need answer fast! If you hold ALT down while dragging chart area borders, the chart is made to align exactly with the cell boundaries. Any help? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "anderssweden" <anderssweden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06472127...

how to reposition a data table in chart
I have a text book [QUE] that shows a data table positioned vertically on the right hand side of the chart - rather than at the traditional 'bottom'. How do I achieve that? I'm having trouble finding where to do it. Thanks for any help Hi, Without seeing the book it is hard to say. There is not builtin way of changing the position of the table. But here are some possible techniques they may have used, - worksheet cells positioned next to the chart - made the table with linked text boxes and shapes - produced a picture of the table, via copypicture, and then rotated it. Cheers...

charts for projected costs, revenue, return on investment (resort)

2-direction stacked bar chart
Hello everyone, Here is a problem that has been puzzling me. I am looking to create a column or bar chart that moves in two directions. Essentially, I want to include 16 variables on my chart, 1 bar for each variable, and the four categories that make up each variable stack on each other. I am looking to have the variable name up the left side of the graph (ordinarily the Y axis), and the % axis on the bottom of the graph (x-axis.) For simplicity sake, lets call the categories of each variable C1-C4. Using 0% as the origin, I want the categories 1 and 2 to be to the left of the line (...

how to format a 12 mo. calender and gant chart to track projects
i am trying to format a 12 month calender and gant chart to track projects. On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jeff Dugan <Jeff@Dugan.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >i am trying to format a 12 month calender and gant chart to track projects. The most important columns to have are "Task name", then "Task start date" and "Length of task in days". Create a stacked bar chart and format the "task start date" bar to be invisible. The "length of task in days" bar will then be floating in the middle of the chart. Re...