How do I lock a chart so it will not update?

That's the question.  I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not
all the data cells are used.  Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update
and I want it to stay the same.

Any ideas on how to lock the chart?
0
chart (14)

Hi

Just a few ideas:

You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart.

Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used
that update when other cells change).

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Locking a Chart" wrote:

> That's the question.  I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not
> all the data cells are used.  Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update
> and I want it to stay the same.
>
> Any ideas on how to lock the chart?
0
Wigi (97)
8/2/2007 8:12:02 AM
Paste a picture of the chart into the worksheet. Select the chart. Hold
Shift while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture. Choose the On
Screen and As Picture options. Select another cell and paste normally.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Locking a Chart" <Locking a Chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6FE54225-3FA0-4A89-8E0C-A3210AC5D23B@microsoft.com...
> That's the question.  I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but
> not
> all the data cells are used.  Everytimg I open the chart it wants to
> update
> and I want it to stay the same.
>
> Any ideas on how to lock the chart?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

Incorrect Office Updates in Microsoft Update
Hello I recently did clean installs of XP and Win7 on 2 different PCs. Each PC was loaded with Office 2007. When I ran Microsoft Update after the Office installs, it shows I needed Office 2007 SP1, not SP2. I manually downloaded and installed Office 2007 SP2 and then checked Windows Updates for any needed patches. It still showed I needed Office 2007 SP1...even though I just installed SP2. Does anyone know how to 1) have Office SP2 show up as a needed update instead of SP1, and 2) how to configure Windows Update to show that no SP is needed after SP2 is installed? th...

Update Manager
Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UPDATE MANAGER". It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens. Why is this window popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop? It never used to do this, it just statred lately. Thankyou. tony Because you installed something which features an update manager "Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08659C0-1560-4E8C-8A1C-76A5B1DBB1F8@microsoft.com... > Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UP...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

automatic office updates
Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically like Windows Update? Thanks. Jeff Via MicrosoftUpdate as apposed to windowsupdate, and then configuring how you update. eg automatic or download and notify "J Miller" <jmiller@*nospam*pcsdps.org> wrote in message news:456db17c$0$81355$ae4e5890@news.nationwide.net... > Is there a way to configure a PC to receive Office Updates automatically > like Windows Update? > > Thanks. > > > Jeff > > Yes. Microsoft updates does this. What version of Office do you use? -- Diane...

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

can't update office xp
I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >-----Original Message----- >I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get >a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my >computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my >computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >. >guess no one has any reply to this, should I reload outloo...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

Excel link update question
I need to maintain an excel workbook which contains a lot of links to other workbooks. Since the linked workbooks change every week, I need to change all the links accordingly. For example, a cell with formula "='[aug_28.xls]sheet1' !A10" will be changed into "='[sep_4.xls]sheet1'!A10". I tried to do this with Find/Replace. However, the link is updated every time it is changed. The link updating takes a couple of seconds. So it may take a hour to finsh it for a workbook with thousands of links. Could anyone tell me how to shut down the link updating when...

Update Query
Access 2003 XP SP2 I am having a problem with an update query. Table is in a one-to-one relationship, referentail integrity and cascading data are checked. (The fileds I want to update are not in both tables) Table name= payForward Has 15 fields ie: ID, Name, MemID, Oct , Nov, Dec, etc Oct-Sep fields are yes/no type I want to "select" a field (Oct-Sep) via a query parameter and repalce "yes" with "no". Here is my query: UPDATE payForward SET [Enter month]=No The messages I get is 'operation must use an updateable query' Wh...

SP 1 & 2 Updates
I noticed that when I installed the SP 1 & 2 Updates, I could no longer get .zip, .doc, .htm, .exe attachments and anything like that (.jpg and .gif are no problem). Is there a way to enable attachments of other types to come through? I would like to install the Updates, but need to be able to receive attachments. Thanks for your help. ...

Email will not send, generates error in web and Outlook versions
We cannot send email using CRM. All attempts generate a generic error message. The router installed fine, and the CRM server registry key for the server url (pointing to the new folder created with the 2 sfm (orwhatever) files is correct). This problem has been noted by several people. The Anyone who can help resolve this issue if you could post the reason why it fails, and how to fix it, that would be great :) I've only seen questions posed like "what does this registry key read) but no suggestion on causes or solutions. Are there some mysterious restrictions on web ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

Microsoft Update 'left behinds'
Every time I download and install the latest Microsoft Update 'fixes' to XP-Pro, the file space taken up by XP-Pro grows and grows. While this will be an elementary question to many, is some of this XP-Pro file space 'growth' being caused by stuff that the 'fixes' leave behind and files that XP-Pro no longer needs? If so, can these 'left behind' files be gotten rid of so as to reclaim some HD space? Are there any pros and cons to deleting these 'left behind' files? Assuming that these 'left behind' files can be deleted, what i...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...