how do I hide zeros in a graphic?

If I have a table with 'zero' values and don't want them to appear in my
graphic, but do want the rest of the values to show, how do I hide them?
Hiding them on the table doesn't work, they still show up in the graphic...
0
FLF (1)

Replace the zeros by =NA() or #N/A
--
David Biddulph

"FLF" <FLF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have a table with 'zero' values and don't want them to appear in my
> graphic, but do want the rest of the values to show, how do I hide them?
> Hiding them on the table doesn't work, they still show up in the
> graphic...

0
David
2/7/2008 1:32:56 PM
Replace them with =NA() which displays in the cells as #N/A but is ignored
by the chart engine
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FLF" <FLF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have a table with 'zero' values and don't want them to appear in my
> graphic, but do want the rest of the values to show, how do I hide them?
> Hiding them on the table doesn't work, they still show up in the
> graphic...

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/7/2008 1:36:07 PM
Bernard Liengme wrote:
> Replace them with =NA() which displays in the cells as #N/A but is ignored
> by the chart engine
> best wishes

I tried something like this and it didn't work.  I finally had to just
remove the values, leaving a blank cell.
0
nope2201 (5)
2/7/2008 6:59:10 PM
"Something like this" was obviously not close enough.  Next time, don't do
it that way.

I think you win today's newsgroup prize for useful and detailed description
of a problem:

"doofy" <nope@would.nt.be.prudent> wrote in message
> I tried something like this and it didn't work.  I finally had to just
> remove the values, leaving a blank cell.

> Bernard Liengme wrote:
>> Replace them with =NA() which displays in the cells as #N/A but is
>> ignored by the chart engine
>> best wishes

0
David

Viewing graphic Attachments inline
have recently migrated a clients' email messages from OE 6 into Outlook 2000, due to large file/folder sizes, and better archiving capability. Clients (a Graphics Art/ Advertising business, used to be able to view attached graphics files in the body of the emails in the preview pane of OE 6. This functionality does not appear to be available in Outlook, as you have to open each attachment separately to view it. Have used HTML Format, and Rich Text Format in options - no luck.. Any Ideas please ?? Neil Horley Gold Coast , Australia outlook doesn't support inline graphics, e...

removal of zero in column chart
I have a worksheet that charts weekly values. I put these values into a chart, which is regularly updated as I change the weekly values. I don't want any zerio values to be charted. Is there any way for me to have the chart only display the >0 values and display NO COLUMN if the value was zero? thanks. Where does the X axis cross the Y axis? If what you mean is that you dont want the catagories with 0 to be plotted, the simplest way to do it depends on whether you have the data in columns or rows. Since the charts by default only plot from visible cells, You can hide the colu...

Moving Graphics in Publisher to Internet Explorer
I have created a Web site using Publisher 2007 and have inserted PayPal buttons. When the site is published and then viewed with Internet Explorer 6-8 the buttons have moved from where they were placed. Can anyone help? I need to somehow anchor the buttons so they do not move. Thank you. -- JKKOK Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Please alway...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Hiding Excel window's scrollbars

Negative Zero?
Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather than a simple zero. Why is this? probably a small diff somewhere in the 15 digits of the number -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F5D9-3A15-4A97-93E1-B442A948E3E0@microsoft.com... > Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather > than a simple zero. Why is this? It means that your result is less than zero, but not within the precision you are displaying. For example, ...

Hiding Contacts in GAL while visible in other Address Lists
I am in the process of collapsing multiple Exchange Orgs into one. One of the Exchange Orgs has numerous third-party contacts in their GAL. I would like to have these contacts reside and be visible in a specific address list but not the GAL of the final Exchange Org (the other Exchange Orgs do not want to see all these contact that mean nothing to them). I have tried by removing the global address list from the showInAddressBook attribute of these contacts (while leaving other address lists). This works for awhile until the RUS restamps the GAL back in. I have also tried by simply setting...

Unable to print graphics/objects
Hi, I'm trying to create a award certificate through the wizard in Publisher 2000. The problem is that when I save it and open it on another machine which has publisher 2003, the border object disappears while printing, (it shows fine on the machine, only print is causing problems). I have also tried creating on pub. 2003 from scratch on that machine but I'm still unable to print the border object which is embedded in the template. Even a print preview does not show the border. I have also tried to convert it to Word and html, still the same. I tried converting to PDF as well ...

How to hide local calendar
Using Outlook 2003, XP, and Exchange server. I only have the need to use the calendar data that resides in the server, however, Outlook opens with the local data (in a .pst file) so that I have to uncheck that calendar and check the shared one to get to it. Since we just recently consolidated our calendars at the server, it is confusing to still see the old caledar. It would be nice to delete the local calendar, but Outlook will not allow it. Is there a way to at least hide it? Where is your delivery location set for? Personal Folders or Exchange? If you make the Exchange mailbox yo...

returning zero for a null
I am performing a count function in a query to give me total accounts grouped by state, region, district. Problem is some districts do not have account #s in them and they are not on the results of the query. I've been trying to get the results to return a zero for the null districts, but I cannot structure it correctly. Can anyone give me more insight as to the best way to do this and how/where I should insert the function. On Feb 20, 2:29=A0pm, TheReallyWhiteRunner <donald.quint...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am performing a count function in a query to give me total accounts > ...

Splitter scroll bar hiding... #2
Greatings all, I have this SDI application with many splitters and CFormView views... Now the problem is when I size one of the views too small, an automaticlly created scroll bar is shown, although I didn't specify such thing in the Dialog proparties... Now I used the ShowScrollBar(SB_BOTH, FALSE); hoping that it will disapper... But nothing worked as I expect ): So what the deal over here? Is there another way to hide scroll bars in views? BTW: When I used the EnableScrollBar() method it worked like a charm... but I was heading to hide the scroll bar and not just disable it. ...

IF formulas creates zeros in a line graph
When Using an =IF(,,) function like =IF(A1="","",A1-A2) if A1 is blank Excel still shows a zero in the graphs even when show blanks as zero option is not selected. Any way to fix this? You could replace your "" with N/A() this is not plotted -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Regulator" <Regulator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19A20FA2-81A5-4726-93F0-B61C1DCF49FF@microsoft.com... > When Using an =IF(,,) function like =IF(A1="","",A1...

Hiding sheet tab names
I created an automated workbook where I need to keep the sheet tab name hidden from the user. I went into Tools-Options-View and unchecke Sheet Tabs. Then I protected the workbook and the sheet yet the use can still go into Tools-Options-View and re-check the Sheet Tabs t view them again. How do I lock the user out of viewing the sheet tabs? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use the "very hidden" property that prevents users from viewing hidden worksheets without using VBA: Dim ws2 As Worksheet For Each ws2 In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If w...

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Transparent Background
How do I make the WHOLE background transparent. I use the tool and it only makes sections - I want to make the whole item transparent and just have the item left? Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks. Pattie When selecting the color to make transparent, it is absolute. It would be nice to be able to select a range of colors. There are probably some image editing program that makes this possible, but I only have Photoshop 5.5, and don't know all of the bells and whistles. However, I open the transparent image in Photoshop and use the rubberstamp tool to copy all transparent pix...

leading zero #6
Tried everything to keep the leading zero for a cell that is Zipcode. I would like text, with the leading zero. right click cell>format>special -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "IRA" <IRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F98FB4-37E6-4762-A107-3E8473496772@microsoft.com... > Tried everything to keep the leading zero for a cell that is Zipcode. I > would like text, with the leading zero. > ...

Hiding/Unhiding several lines at the click of a button
Is there a code i could implement into my sheets to unhide or hide the same line on several sheets I want to enter the line number into a cell Press a button called either 'HIDE' or 'UNHIDE' The code selects the line number entered in the cell on all sheets and either hides or unhides them. Thanks Mally -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mally" <mallybee69@aol.com> wrote in message news:039701c3c2e3$2f0b4ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a code ...

gap width zero
I want a bar chart with gap zero. When I set gap width to zero and the border of the bar to single line, then the border between two bars is shown as double. I don't like the visual appearance of this. I am rewriting a word-app to an excel app and the point is that the same barchart is shown in Word with a single line between to charts (that means that the borders of two adjacing bars overlap each other. I want the same behaviour in Excel but I don't get it. Why this inconsistency? Is there a workaround? Jan If the chart with the apparent double line is copied as a picture, t...

Hide Screens While Macro is Running
I don't want the user to see the various spreadsheets and items that pop up during a macro. How can I make this disappear while the macro is running? Thank you, crmulle application.screenupdating = false 'lots of code here application.screenupdating = true crmulle wrote: > > I don't want the user to see the various spreadsheets and items that pop up > during a macro. How can I make this disappear while the macro is running? > > Thank you, > crmulle -- Dave Peterson Put this line at the beginning of the macro: Application.ScreenUp...

Conditional hiding of rows #2
I have a workbook containing multiple product pricing calculations, each calculation consisting of 18 rows and 3 columns (some 40 calculations in total). Each calculation can be a "two step" or "three step" calculation, depending on the needs of the user. Depending on whether the user chooses "two step," I want to be able to hide three rows that are only applicable to "three step" calculations. Can this be programmed as a separate option for each of the 40 calculations? My back up plan is to use conditional formatting and black out the unneeded...

Rows numbers missing
The rows jump numbers (example: 17 to 20), but no data is missing. Also where the numbers jump, they are in blue, not black like the rest of the row numbers. I have checked for hidden rows and for row height - neither are the problem. The rows have been filtered - That's why you are seeing the blue. Select the column and do Data / Filter / Show All -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg for...

Hiding "OK" button at the top right corner of the Dialog
Hi Here is the Solution for ----> Hiding "OK" button at the top right corner of the Dialog If you are using higher version beyond Pocket PC 2003 using eVC++ 4.0 (I am using Pocket PC 2005 using eVC++ 5.0) the SHDoneButton(m_hWnd,SHDB_HIDE); ModifyStyle(0, WS_NONAVDONEBUTTON, SWP_NOSIZE); is not supported to perform the operation of "Hiding the OK button at the Top-Right Corner of the Dialog". So if you are using higher versions Use scope resolution operator for the SHDoneButton(m_hWnd,SHDB_HIDE); and link the "aygshell.lib" to your application pro...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Hide Message Bar 02-03-10
I have a series of macros that modify data in a protected workbook. Only certain users have permission under SharePoint to run the macros and modify the data. At the end of the macro it displays a worksheet (read only) with the current edited data visible for all to see. But I also get a Message Bar(Excel 2007 below ribbon) “Server Workbook To modify this workbook, you must check it out “ followed by a “Check Out” button. Can I some how get rid of this Message Bar? And if so, how? From within the macro, or within the settings? I’ve tried Excel Options/Trust Center/Trust Cent...