How do I get years to show on x-axis?

I am plotting two time series lines on a line graph (they show up as a single
line, solid for the actuals and dotted for the forecast):

 Yr.     TS-1(actuals )   TS-2 (forecast)
-----    ----------------   ------------------
2001     value1
2002     value 2
2003     value 3               value 3
2004                              value 4
2005                              value 5

When I plot this, I get consecutive numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) instead of
years as labels on the x-axis.  How do I fix this?  THANKS!
0
Carol310 (125)

Clear the top left cell, then make the chart. This helps Excel decide what
to use for series names and category values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am plotting two time series lines on a line graph (they show up as a
>single
> line, solid for the actuals and dotted for the forecast):
>
> Yr.     TS-1(actuals )   TS-2 (forecast)
> -----    ----------------   ------------------
> 2001     value1
> 2002     value 2
> 2003     value 3               value 3
> 2004                              value 4
> 2005                              value 5
>
> When I plot this, I get consecutive numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) instead
> of
> years as labels on the x-axis.  How do I fix this?  THANKS!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/15/2006 6:29:35 PM
OMG that was so simple, thanks for this and your earlier help on my Excel
chart issues.  Kudos.

0
Carol310 (125)

how to get character glyph names?
Hi group, Does anyone knows how can I get the character glyph names? For example the unicode character U+2030 has the name "Per Mile Sign" as reported in Character Map accessory application Thanks! George VS (gogovsh@abv.bg) "George VS" <gogovsh@abv.bg> wrote in message news:OC7ps1i#DHA.3820@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > Does anyone knows how can I get the character glyph names? > For example the unicode character U+2030 has the name "Per Mile Sign" as > reported in Character Map accessory application > > Thanks! > ...

Old 401k showing up in reports
I have an old 401k that keeps showing up in my monthly reports. It's long been transfered to something else, and closed out. Why does it still show up? What reports? Have you tried customizing the accounts in those reports? Have you closed the Money account? And so on... "Anthony Lisanti" wrote: > I have an old 401k that keeps showing up in my monthly reports. It's > long been transfered to something else, and closed out. Why does it > still show up? It show's up in the "Monthly Report Section" The fund went over to my Roth about 5 year...

I want my X axis to have 5-10 minute intervals
I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis. The Y axis has simple numbers. For example: Date/hour/minutes Y 7/14/05 23:45 45 7/14/05 23:50 50 7/15/05 01:00 40 It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather than looking a a correct time frame...

Where can I get upgrade from Outlook 97 to Outlook 2000
I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's site gives no place to do so. Is there some way to do this? I would pay, if it were a reasonable and reliable price. You can't buy OL2000 anymore. You can buy OL2003, and probably also OL2002 - not sure if there's an upgrade price anymore. John Stewart wrote: > I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's site gives no place to > do so. Is there some way to do this? I would pay, if it > were a reasonable and reliable price. John Stewart <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to upgrade, but Microsoft's si...

SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 getting error c103b405 when trying to access system folders
We are trying to setup some custom eForms in exchange for integration with a non-Microsoft Unified Messaging system. I am a part time admin - and about the 6th different admin type to have my fingers in these systems and so I have little information about previous actions ... thus my cry for help here! The steps are as follows: 1. Login as Enterprise Domain Admin 2. Start the Microsoft Exchange System Manager application. 3. Expand Administrative Groups >Folders. 4. Click Public Folders. 5. From the System Manager toolbar, select Action >View System Folders. This is wher...

Showing ID number not required text
Hi, I have created a report with data grouped by employee. When I look at the report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name. How do I get it to show the name like it does on the form? Nikki Nikki wrote: >I have created a report with data grouped by employee. When I look at the >report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name. How do I >get it to show the name like it does on the form? It sounds like the dreaded Lookup Fields has struck again? Modify the report's record source query to include the employees table joined on the employe...

Imported Activities do not show up in Calendar
Hello, I've been working on importing Data from ACT! to Microsoft CRM and have 90% of the information pulled over and working correct. The last thing on my need to fix list is the calendar. We imported all Activities and Notes using Scribe, our 45 day license is expired and I cannot pay for another. So I'm stuck getting this working by hand. The ActivityPartyBase Table is populated with a ton of stuff. The AppointmentBase table has a bunch of entries, however only 1 column (ActivityID) is populated with something. (all others are <NULL>). I can't seem to figure out what n...

After 6 messages received, I get thrown off server
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Word 2003 for my e-mail. I can send all right. When I receive, I get to message number six and then I get thrown off the server. How can I stay on-line / connected to server? ...

McAfee icons don't show up
I am running Outlook 2002 and for some reason the McAfee v6.0 icons n longer appear in the tool bar for manual scans of e-mail messages? Any one have any ideas. I checked the Tools/Advanced Options/Add-i Manager section and everything looks normal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Printing from Word v.X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just upgraded my computer from a PowerBook G4 to a MacMini (Intel based w/Snow Leopard). I had the store I bought the Mac from (authorized Mac folks) migrate my user data to the new computer. This included migrating my vX suite that included Word. Here's the problem: <br><br>Most of my documents from Word will not print - when I hit print, the printer (HP Office Jet Pro L7700) spits out a blank page. I've found one document, however, that will print - but I can't figure out what'...

How can I get access and full functionality of my Visio 2000 stenc
I have recently upgraded to Visio 2003 Standard form 2000. I am not able to convert and have full functionalitly of my 2000 version stencils and shapes. Please advise on how to resolve this challenge Rupert Balgobin what version of v2000 were you running (standard or pro)? Al "Rupert Balgobin" <Rupert Balgobin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2AE015-0AA5-4C1A-A161-32F31BDED7CE@microsoft.com... > I have recently upgraded to Visio 2003 Standard form 2000. I am not able to convert and have full functionalitly of my 2000 version stencils and shapes. > &...

Scatter graph, how do I show overlapping points?
I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KieranMoran <KieranMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show >them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. a) "Jittering", which is the name for putting a small random variation in the data to break up the exact values. Obviously you want it to be as small as possible while still exposing t...

Customise field to show as % or round up the numbers
Hi, I am trying to add a new field / attribute to CRM quote entity. This field will be showing the profit margin on the quote form. Is there anyway for me to format the field, so it will appear as %? And if it is all possible for the calculation to round up to the next number? Ta! Sindy There's no default format option to do that, so you would have to use the OnLoad and OnChange javascript events to format and round up your field. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- SW wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to add a new field / attribute to CRM quote entit...

create a scale x axis that matches the straighted form of a norma.
I have to create an x axis scale the matches equal distances along a normal distribution curve such that when this curve is ploted on this graph, the scaling makes the cure turn into straight line. Logarithmic x scaling doesn't work for this. How else can I achieve this? Thanks JOhn If I understand what you want to do, you should check Mike Middleton's http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/middleton/demand.pdf -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <1CB56308-A7E6-4891-83A6-A76F...

Combo box not showing correct value when changing records on a form
I have a form frmBids with two combo boxes showing a customer (cboCustomer) and contacts for each customer (cboContacts). I got the cboContacts to only show the contacts unique to the customer by using a requery code on the AfterUpdate of cboCustomer. That works fine. However, when I move between records only the contact shown on the first record displays, it does not update on subsequent records. If I go back and select the customer from cboCustomer it updates and displays the correct contact, but then the next record just shows the one I just selected. I verified that when I switch betwe...

How to get an overview of a stencils objects without selecting them individually?
Assume I am drawing currently a picture. Now I want to add a new shape/object which is not available in my current stencils. How can I get a quick (!) overview of ALL available default stencil objects in Visio 2003? In other words: Is there a web page which lists all shapes/objects on ONE web page with the stencil name to which they belong? Cam On 13 Nov 2008 18:50:13 GMT, cpet_magnus@hotmail.com (Camille Petersen) wrote: >Assume I am drawing currently a picture. >Now I want to add a new shape/object which is not available in my current stencils. >How can I get a quick (!) overvie...

not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart
Hi, I am able to get series values for all kinds of chart, except for 3D-surface chart.Here it goes to exception, when I try to acces the values of the series. Let me know if anyone has solution Lokesh You mean you don't get the handy little chart tips that show information about the point your cursor is over? Surface charts have several shortcomings, and you've just hit on one of them. They don't do data labels either. You could use several other chart types to display the data, maybe not in the fancy pseudo-XYZ formatting, and still get the chart tips. The 3D line, 3-D...

how do i get 2 words in one cell on top of eachother?
Like in word when you hit enter in a chart it expands the cell and allows you to have more than 1 word on top of eachother? ALT then enter at the end of the first word. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "pea" wrote: > Like in word when you hit enter in a chart it expands the cell and allows you > to have more than 1 word on top of eachother? ...

Getting more printed pages than requested
Print jobs are being logged in the spooler with the correct quantity but the number of printed pages that comes out of the HP4700 printer is more than requested. Verified that the spooler is receiving the correct quantity via information event logs. For example, sent a request for 20 pages of a particular document. The spooler logs a print event with a quantity of 20. The printer prints 13 of the request and then prints the requested 20, totalling 33 printed pages. The initial print may vary - sometimes it's 4 or 6 or 13 but the subsquent print is always the original req...

query not showing all data for last month
I have written a query with the intent to select data from a table for the last 12 months only and grouped by individual months. My group by expression is: (Year([customerdate])*12+Month([customerdate])-1) My where expression is: DateDiff("yyyy",[customerdate],Date()) Criterial is <=1. Until the new year, these expressions worked together fine. Now it will only pull data from the beginning of the most recent month. February will all show up in April for example, but not all of March will. I'm not sure what the fix is. Any help is appreciated....

x y z 3d charting
I need to draw a true 3-d chart where a given datapoint is described in a cube-shaped chart type, by three values - x, y, and z. Can Excel do this (It appears not) and if so, how? (It appears that Excel can only draw 3D views of 2D data) Many thanks Tim Wells You are correct that Excel doesn't do 3-d charts, but you can work out the perspective calculations and fake it in 2-d. See http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm for details. Jerry Tim wrote: > I need to draw a true 3-d chart where a given datapoint > is described in a cube-shaped chart type, by three > ...

How can I get "CONSTANT" behavior from a variable (Constant magic)?
running access 2k; And before anything else is said - "Yes, Virginia, I know you can NOT use a variable to set a constant (that's why it's constant)". BUT - my problem is - I want a constant, that I can set from a variable (one time)!!! When my application starts, the user is prompted to make a selection from a list. I want that selection to go into a global variable, and NEVER CHANGE while the application is running. This means that if the application encounters an unexpected error - this value is NOT lost. If the user wants to change this value, they should have to close...

getting writable table objects of a document
Hi, I want to change some properties of all the tables in a document, but I don't know how to get writable objects of tables from the document. mjlaali wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change some properties of all the tables in a document, but > I don't know how to get writable objects of tables from the document. Dim myTable As Table For Each myTable In ActiveDocument.Tables ' do something with myTable, for instance: myTable.Columns(1).Width = InchesToPoints(1.5) Next -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP ...

When sending meeting request automatically shows as accepted in calendar
Outlook 2003 when I set up a meeting request and send it to a certain person it autmatically comes up in my calendar as accepted immediately after the request is sent. If I check with the person that I sent it to it does not show up on their calendar and is still in the inbox waiting for a response accepted, declined, ect... This only happens when I send to one particular person. I tested on other users and machines to this same person and do not have the problem. It appears it is only on this one persons computer/email account. Any suggestions on how to fix would be great. &...

different y-axis auto scaling...
prior to excel 2007, i recall a setting for the y-axis, something like "Major Unit" and "Minor Unit" - i could set my y-axis to be 0,5,10,15,20.... or 0,10,20...depending on the Major or Minor unit values. is that ability still in excel 2007?? -- dh13134 Of course. Right click the axis, choose Format Axis, and on the first view of the dialog, up near the top, are the boxes to edit axis scale parameters. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming ...