How do I get total value data labels in a stacked bar chart?

I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total
value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if
so, how??
0
blemerson (1)

Hi,

This should help
http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Heather

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This should help
> http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> blemerson wrote:
> > I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total
> > value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if
> > so, how??
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Heather (83)

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

How do I get a trendline for all data series, instead of just one.
I need to retrieve R squared values, and trendline information for all data series within a block of data. Excel is only letting me get trendline information on one data series, which is almost useless for me. Dave Darling - >I need to retrieve R squared values, and trendline information for all data >series within a block of data. Excel is only letting me get trendline >information on one data series, which is almost useless for me.< You can add a trendline and get R squared for each data series. If you need a trendline for the combination of several data series, you c...

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Mail Merge Excel Data with Publisher for 4 up postcards
Hi, I have been browsing and searching for help on this issue to no avail. What I am trying to do is mail merge a 2 sided 4 up postcard with my Excel 2003 data. On the front of Publisher 2003I have the Address Block which is no problem, however when I try to import the matching customer data to the back of the postcard it does not match up at all with the front. I have also 2 publisher files setup, 1 for the front of the postcard and 1 for the back. I know the Excel data has to be in this format for the mail merge to work correctly using this formula posted by Doug Robbins: =IF(MOD(A2,2)=1,A2...

How can I drop the year from mm/dd/yyyy data?
I have a large data set consisting of values from multiple years that I would like to analyze by time of year. ie: I want to look at the month/day for each value while ignoring the year. Specifically I want to end up with a graph showing time of year (in months) across the x-axis and showing all my data points as if they were from this one hypothetical year. Seems like it should be simple but I can't seem to crack it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hi, Try Format > Cells > Custom: dd/mm -Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a large data set consisting of valu...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

x values and plotting points
I need to plot points and draw a straight line to calculate the slope. I will use this same method to present a trend for data points over time ( three years per compound)! Help! I have Excel 97. Thanks! annette christian wrote: > I need to plot points and draw a straight line to > calculate the slope. I will use this same method to > present a trend for data points over time ( three years > per compound)! > > Help! I have Excel 97. > > Thanks! You should be able to chart your data points using the Chart Wizard. See http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/...

My variables keep getting reset...
Greetings. Last week I found out how to add lines of code to a module while the program is running, but there is a catch. Every time I do this my variables seem to get reset as if I am entering the program for the first time. I cheat by storing the values of these variables in a spreadsheet and I reset all the variables after I insert the code. Why do my variables get reset when I use this command and can I prevent that from happening? ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents ("Code_Module").CodeModule.InsertLines(3, "Hello") ~Jenny ...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Count data or list
I am trying to count a data group and return the quanity of unique entries: It might look like this: The data would be in cols & rows 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long 2 green widgets 25.5 inches long 1 brown widgets 52.1 inches long the result would be: 4 green widgets 25.5 inches long 3 green widgets 28.3 inches long 2 brown widgets 52.1 inches long Any simple straight forward way to do this??? Thanks, Spydor -- spydor ----------------------------------------------------...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Color in Bar Graph
I have a Report with a Bar Graph on it, I would like to make each Category (up to 4 on a chart), a specific color. Thanks..ernst ...

Set Expire property of data cache
Dear Friends How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. I have taken one Cache["myData"] I only have to give its expire property, not any other property. I just want Cache should expire after 15 minute. Please help me. How to do it. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:479a2486-2743-4dbf-bbe4-0f192a3222ba@j16g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to set Expire property of cache in Data Caching. > > I have taken one Cache["myData"] > > I only have to give its expire property, ...

how to get Outlook Express to continue after failing to read a newsgroup message
I use outlook express as a newsreader. Sometimes I want to get the entire server holdings of a particular newsgroup. Trouble is, OE seems to snag when it was able to read a message header but for some reason it can't retrieve the body. It snags with Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Simple security??', Account: 'news.nevrona.com', Server: 'news.nevrona.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C006F and the only op...

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

90% line across line chart
I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th percentile for each of these. How do I automatically put a horizontal line on the chart for each of the three measurement at the corresponding 90th percentile. Thanks, Brad On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Brad K. <BradK@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a changing set of data that is 3 columns and 104 row. These are >represented on a Line Chart. I have a formula to calculate the 90th >percentile for e...

Charting Utility Usage
I've collected utility usage (kilowatt, tons, etc) on a monthly basis for the past couple of years. Normally, I've only had to chart usage for a 12-month period. Now I need to compare data on a monthly basis covering the past 3- years (i.e. Jan data for 2004, 2005, 2006) and put it in a chart. I'd like for it to look like this... U # # S # # A # # G E 2004-2005-2006 2004-2005-2006 2004-2005- 2...

Multiple buttons to control data source on a report.
Hi, I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a form, and configure each button to open the report using a different data source (different column). So button 1 would be a report using column 1, and button 2 is for a report for column 2, and so on. Thanks. On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:06:46 -0700, ghmag <esung911@aol.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a single report I would like to use. The table is structured >with several columns. Is there a way to have multiple buttons on a >form, and co...

how did templates I design in Excel get online?
i designed an invoice in excel for my company and recently saw template in office's top 5 templates, almost to the letter. If these are on the MS site I would doubt they are yours, may look like it but doubt actually. If you feel it is you will need to take it up directly with them not on newsgroups which are not in general read by them. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "daswepr" <daswepr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE2A6B2C-E3DC-4376-A7CF-DBCA55B57E70@micr...

Can formulas in cells be made to remain if the data is deleted?
Can you explain in a bit more detail what your question/problem is? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "wendyp" <wendyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7A92B0A-E752-4D58-90FF-3DE5F292D35C@microsoft.com... > Hi Wendy, See Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm To simply remove constants from a selection within a macro Selection. SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents To remove constants manually from a selection Edit, GoTo (Ctrl+G), Constans [you can pick what kind ...

compare values
I have a sheet with many rows of numbers. The numbers in each column are supposed to be identical. Is there some way to verify that all the numbers are identical without manually scanning them? Ivor Hi Ivor if by identical you mean A1=B1 then in C1 simply type =IF(A1= B1,"","ERROR") and fill down (double click on + at bottom right corner of the cell) - you can then check out the "error" ones if, however, you mean the numbers are somewhere in the first column and somewhere in the second column but not necessarily next to each other, use the array formula...

stacked fields 'can grow' but overlap in report
I have four fields stacked one above the other on a report. They're all marked as 'Can Grow', and sometimes they do. In one case, a multi-line data field pushes the field below out of the way. That's good. But in another case, a multi-line field overlaps with the field below. In every case the fields are standard text boxes. However, I noticed there is a difference in the associated label. The labels that push down with their fields do not have any events available for attaching code. The other labels have events, although I'm not using any events. ...

compare data in two lists to find matching entries #4
I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification reference e.g. Colum A Colum B abc123456 nmg4568987 ahsj45236 abc123456 ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example abc123456 nmg4568987 No match found ahsj45236 abc123456 Match found ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 No match found Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work. =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3,B1)>0,"M...

can't get web serices running
i'm trying to do a basic query against the crm 3.0 web servies from an asp.net 1.1 project. code is as follows: CrmService oCrmService = new CrmService(); oCrmService.CallerIdValue = new CallerId(); oCrmService.CallerIdValue.CallerGuid = new Guid(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["callerGUID"]); // privUser GUID // oCrmService.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; oCrmService.PreAuthenticate = true; try { WhoAmIRequest userRequest = new WhoAmIRequest(); WhoAmIResponse user = (WhoAmIResponse) oCrmService.Execute(userRequest); } catch(System.Web.Services...

Tables entering data and sorting
Is there a way to setup tables in Word so when you hit enter it goes to the next cell instead of adding a new line? Just like Excel does? Is there a way to sort only one column in the table? I select one column and it sorts the entire table? Thanks in advance. Please see my reply to your duplicate question in word.tables. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "falcios" <falcios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E01E4A7-4C55-4A93-BF91-26DB8460A15F@microsoft.com... > I...