How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the
correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different
date formats.

0
Racheb (1)

You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart.  A "Line" chart
treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900,
2Jan1900, ...

Jerry

Racheb wrote:

> When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the
> correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different
> date formats.

0
post_a_reply (1395)
12/14/2005 11:42:43 PM
If the dates were actually used as the X values, this wouldn't be an issue
for either the XY or Line chart types. Choose Source Data from the Chart
menu, click on the Series tab, and select the series. Make sure the range of
dates is entered in the Category Labels (or X Values) input box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
> You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart.  A "Line" chart
> treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900,
> 2Jan1900, ...
>
> Jerry
>
> Racheb wrote:
>
>> When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have
>> the correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried
>> different date formats.

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

POST or GET?

learning Excel #3

get a result of an sql into a field

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

How to get to email from Word

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?