How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?

I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc.
When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't
display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart,
not the right. How do I change that?
0
Will9118 (79)

Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in
reverse order"

Jerry

Will wrote:

> I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc.
> When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't
> display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart,
> not the right. How do I change that?

0
post_a_reply (1395)
1/1/2005 12:27:24 PM
Will,

You might want to check the formatting of the X-axis category labels.  If
they are formatted as "Date" or in a "Custom" date format then Excel will
arrange the days from left to right on the chart regardless of how they are
arranged in the spreadsheet i.e. top to bottom or bottom to top.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Will" wrote:

> I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc.
> When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't
> display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart,
> not the right. How do I change that?

Help getting SheetName into a cell
I need to refer to the sheet name in a formula and can't figure out how to do it. I can't find a Function which will do this. I did discover ActiveSheet.Name but I have been unsuccessful in getting it work in a function. Specifically I have sheets named "1.a" , "1.b" , "1.c" . . . "99.a" , "99.b" , "99.c" and need to get these names into cell C3 of each sheet. The sheets may not be in order and there may be missing sheets. Thanks in advance for any help. Omar Hi You could put somthing like this in a macro or attatch ...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

Stacked charts #3
Is it possible to create a circular stacked chart? So the radius of the circle is equivalent to the height of the bar. It seems like it should be possible but I just can't think of a way to get it done! Thanks in advance, HarryAdney Not too sure if this is what you want, but you can take the existing chart, create a circle from the drawing toolbar, copy the circle, click on the bar you want changing and paste it -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "HarryAd...

histogram or pie chart or?
Greetings from the UK... I have a list of around 1000 numbers, all integers whose values can range from 1 through to 4000. Most of these numbers repeat themselves in the list . What I want to do is produce a chart showing the number of times each descrete number appears , its value and the percentage of times it appears in the list . I think ( dangerous for me !) I should be looking at a histogram or a even a pie chart but so far my attempts (using the data analysis and chart wizards) are not what I want. As an example a list of 12 numbers could be 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, ...

range of chart
If I am trying to chart information related to individual's payroll in comparison to total pay roll, how do I select the correct range to have the names show along with the value ranges? Tracey - Do you want the names ass data labels, linked to the points? If so, use one of these free utilities to add text from cells to the chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Tracey wrote: > If I am trying to chart...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Display Discount on POS screen
I've figured out how to remove REP from the main POS screen. I'd really like to add Discount to the screen, so we can accurately display for the cashier which discounts are being applied to which individual items. Any ideas? Anyone got a third-party recommendation? ...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

How do I limit labels in chart legend to only a portion of data?
I am hoping to get a chart that includes four lines of data, but with only two of the line labels for the data showing up in the chart legend. The two lines that I want excluded are just straight bars that will include a text box within the chart as their label, but I have run into problems with simply slapping a line on the chart as it does not move around when we scale up or down the two axes. Is there a way to get the legend to only show the label identifiers with only the two sets of data that I want shown? Thank you Hi, The legend displays an entry for each series in the chart....

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

Get CtrlID from Msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP
Hi all, We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can get Handle of Ctrl, but i dn't know how to get CtrlID. any one know, please me know, thanks very much. Used function below, it works int GetCtrlID(HWND hWnd) { CWnd* pChild = CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ); pChild->FromHandle(hWnd); return pChild->GetDlgCtrlID(); } "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ORP3U3MLIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can > get Handle...

Excel 2007
The charting function in my Office 2007 installation not working. When I click the Chart button, it shown following message. --------------------------- Information --------------------------- Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed in my system. Is this a compatible issue? I had try the chart function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint all not working. Thanks did you ever figure out the problem? i'm getting the same error in office 2007...

delay in displaying cell contents
Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code but I dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dave Hi have a look at the Wait method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave" <dave-rawlins@beeb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9995bde6.0410151425.1688ff24@posting.google.com... > Is there a simple function that can delay the display of the contents > of a cell by a few seconds. I know that it can be done as VBA code > but I dont know how...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Getting "program trying to access addresses" message when sending email
Whenever I open up a new "Compose Mail" window and start typing addresses into the "To" field, Outlook brings up the message that a program is trying to access email addresses I've stored in Outlook, and asking whether I want to allow it. Any reason this is happening even though the program that's trying to access those addresses is Outlook itself? Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 6 installed? If yes, you might have to disable the PDFMaker addin. In any event, check out this section http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to s...

Inbox display problem
My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only showing the received column. I would like to have the From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't figure out how he did it. Anyone? Frank Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My 4 year old got on my computer and now my email is only > showing the received column. I would like to have the > From and Subject put back in there. Don't know and can't > figure out how he did it. Anyone? In addition to what Milly said, you can also reset the current view to its defaul...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

How to get looping VBA code to respond to events on worksheet
Hello, I have some code of the form do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... loop where I'd like the variable g_Paused to be toggled by a button on the worksheet. The only way I can seem to get the code to respond to the button click is to use do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Name").Activate DoEvents loop But this is pretty slow and causes the sheet to flicker...is there a better method? PS I'm using buttons from the Control Toolbox Thank you. ...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mass Modify Chart of Accounts
My company's current account setup uses the 2nd segment in an account to denote the assigned property, while the 3rd segment identifies the posting account number. Say my current chart looks as follows: 1-001-1000 1-002-1000 1-003-1000 and I want to add a new account numbered 2000 for all the properties 001-003 to give me: 1-001-1000 1-001-2000 1-002-1000 1-002-2000 1-003-1000 1-003-2000 How can I do this for all properties at once without adding them individually through account maintenence, since I have about 8 new accounts to add to over 200 existing properties? I can see h...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...