How do I enter temperature symbol in a chart legent

Can someone help me to enter a superscript font (temperature symbol) in a
Excel spreed sheet legend box.
0
DS (10)

The degree symbol ° is not a superscripted character, it's a regular
character in many common fonts. Hold down ALT while pressing 0176 on the
numeric keypad.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

DS wrote:

> Can someone help me to enter a superscript font (temperature symbol) in a
> Excel spreed sheet legend box.
Thank you Jon, you are great !!!

"DS" wrote:

> Can someone help me to enter a superscript font (temperature symbol) in a
> Excel spreed sheet legend box.
0
DS (10)
2/1/2005 1:01:06 AM
Thank you so much Jon. Your help is greatly appreciated !!!

-DS

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> The degree symbol ° is not a superscripted character, it's a regular
> character in many common fonts. Hold down ALT while pressing 0176 on the
> numeric keypad.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> DS wrote:
>
> > Can someone help me to enter a superscript font (temperature symbol) in a
> > Excel spreed sheet legend box.

0
DS (10)
2/1/2005 1:03:02 AM
This little workbook helps you find all those little symbols, in four
different fonts (of your choice):

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/ascii.zip

- Jon
-------

DS wrote:

> Thank you so much Jon. Your help is greatly appreciated !!!
>
> -DS
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>

>>The degree symbol ° is not a superscripted character, it's a regular
>>character in many common fonts. Hold down ALT while pressing 0176 on the
>>numeric keypad.
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>
>>DS wrote:
>>

>>>Can someone help me to enter a superscript font (temperature symbol) in a
>>>Excel spreed sheet legend box.

copy excel chart into Word
I'm trying copy an excel chart into a Word template. I'm not sure how to get it into the predefined labels within Word. Has anyone done this ? Thanks If you're trying to merge data from an Excel table into a Word document, there are instructions on the Word MVP web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you can provide more details. CarolS wrote: > I'm trying copy an excel chart into a W...

Conditional charts
Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart with 15 vertical bars and I want to change the color of one or more of the bars if its value goes above 100% (but not all of the bars). JWeinberg Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Jeff wrote: > Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the > cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart > wi...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

How do I create a drop down menu in a chart
How do I create a drop down menu in a chart On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, richard <richard@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do I create a drop down menu in a chart Use the Forms toolbar (and not the Control Toolbox toolbar: I had terrible trouble trying to work out what I was doing wrong before I finally worked out they were different) -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Hi Richard I have a worked out example on my Exc...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Missing Charts in Monthly Reports
For the past few weeks, I've noticed that every time I try to load up a monthly report, the Monthly Report Progress bar seems to work (although it seems to hang on "estimating next year's taxes" for quite a while). But after the bar has done its thing, the actual monthly report is totally blank - no charts, no lists, no anything. The correct title is listed at the top (for example, "Report for September, 2003"), but there isn't any data beneath it. I'm using Money 2003. I'm not sure, but the problem may have started after I downloaded a rec...

inserted symbols
The symbols I have inserted will not print and I cannot figure out why. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Kerri, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the most recent driver for your printer. Popular P...

Money 2007 running in Vista doesn't save entered transaction
I migrated Money 2007 to a new computer running Vista. Money appears to work correctly, but it doesn't save new transactions on exit. For some reason the My Money.mny file reverts back to the file dated 1/27/08 which is the first date I ran M2007 in Vista. I can restore from the back up file and it works for the session, but the changes to the working file are lost on exit. Any assistance will be appreciated. "jobox" <jobox_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ecmK7H8YIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I migrated Money 2007 to a new computer running Vista. Mo...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Enter info in one sheet, auto enter in another based on one field
Hi, I'm new to excel and need very step by step basic directions :) on how to do the following: I have a database of names/addresses and whether or not the company is private. 1) I want to keep a main sheet of ALL information entered 2) I want the data from one row to automatically enter into the other appropriate sheet as I type it in For example (and this is simplified): USDA 123 Washington Government I would want this on the main sheet and to enter itself on the GOVERNMENT sheet thanks in advance for any help Sure, You can use an Worksheet_Change event. You didn't mention ...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Advanced customization of charts?
Hello I'm looking for a way to customize an excelchart. There are two things I would like to do: 1) Make a combination chart that combinates line with stacked-column 2) Be able to "manually" select which series that should use either type (line or stacked-column) Kind regards Marcus Lots of charting info here http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Marcus Ahlb�ck" <MarcusAhlbck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEED193F-2719-442D-8549-3F2002E751F2@microsoft.com... > He...

Charts: using a filtered list as a data range
Hello, I have a column of numbers, which I would like to use as the Y axis on a chart. I can get 5-15 numbers or rows (in the column) each day and I have 8 months of data. I would like to filter the column according time or have a drop down box to select month and change the chart axis to reflect only that month. The X axis only needs to increment for every Y value. If I have another column with incrementing numbers for each row for the X axis, this causes a problem when I want to select only a months data for the chart. Would appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks very much, David ...

How do I show a data table with legend keys in a line chart?
I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone help me? Hi, I tried it in both 2007 and 2003 and had no problems. We need more infomation, can you post a sample of the chart somewhere. The only issue I have is that the target line is displayed on the data table, which I would prefer that it not be. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "excelbanker" wrote: > I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart > that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone he...

Money 2004 Entered Date vs. Actual
I currently operate MSMoney 2002 and am considering upgrading to 2004. One thing that I really don't like about 2004 is when I enter a bill to be paid for the upcoming month, it will show up in my budget as if I spent the money during the current month. Example: Pay mortgage on the 1st of Aug. - If I enter that request anytime in July, then when I get my monthly report, it will show that I spent the money in July. I'm hoping that 2004 will reflect the actual day the money is debited from my account and not the day I enter the request. Any thoughts or comments? I don't think ...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Movie of Charts desired
I'm having alot of trouble trying to show charts repeatedly. I change the data that is the 'source' of the chart, but even with a 'refresh' it doesn't want to show anything, till the last one. What gives? Any general hints or clues appreciated. Thanks. Ken Where is the chart(s)? How are you changing the source? What do you refresh? How do you refresh? What doesn't show until what last one? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <...

update chart automatically
I need to know how to update a chart automatically so it wil incorporate new months data as it is entered into a log. I have a data log with a complete list of the required data in column and the dates listed for each. When a new month begins I would like to plot data for it automaticall in a pre existing bar graph as it is entered into the log. My goal is to make this a user friendly program so I don't have to b the only one to know how to use it. Another problem I have run into is my graphs use several series to sho the data, I would like each month to contain data from each se...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

Modifing data to show up better in chart.
My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900% = 99 Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already have a second axis of 0-9000 In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>, MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says... > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 > is there a way I...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

How do I create a chart in Excel using data from two worksheets
I am trying to create a chart using data from two separate worksheets but it will only allow me to use the information from one. Here is one way: I made a chart from data in A10:B20 on sheet1 (A was the x-category data) I copied some cells from Sheet2, right clicked in chart area of chart and used Paste After the copy, I could have left clicked the chart and used Edit | Paste Special to specify more about the data I want to paste. Try it and come back with more questions. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cdptuesdays" <...