How do I edit replace source data links for a chart?

I changed the name of a document which was connected as link to some charts
in another spreadsheet. Now the charts are blank becasue they are looking for
the spreadsheet with the name that does not exist anymore.  How do I change
the source data without going into each chart and doing it by hand? Thanks!
0
LK (221)

You could try Edit menu > Links, if another workbook has the right structure
(i.e., same sheet names and data ranges as the missing file).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"LK" <LK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I changed the name of a document which was connected as link to some charts
> in another spreadsheet. Now the charts are blank becasue they are looking
> for
> the spreadsheet with the name that does not exist anymore.  How do I
> change
> the source data without going into each chart and doing it by hand?
> Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Queries and Charts

Table link documentation

Data migration - Adventure Works

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Outlook 2003

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

Link Outlook 2003 to Exchange 5.5 over VPN
Hi How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from within Outlook 2003 exchange account Cheers Colin Put the IP address and server name of the Exchange server in your local computer's hosts file and see if you can then ping by name - if you can, you ought to be able to access the mailbox. That's just one quick way to do it....but it ought to work. Colin wrote: > Hi > > How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the > mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from > within Outlook 2003 e...

MS Excel: Linking spreadsheet and Absolute and Relative Paths
Our staff uses several spreadsheets, many of which are linked to SEVERAL other spreadsheets. Of course, all of these documents are stored on the network. The problem we are having is the absolute path that the link uses. Some users will access these file via (e.g.) 'S:\excel documents', while others will use 'R:\excel documents' to connect. Each time a user connects there is a 50-50 chance they will have to update the links. ** What a hassle** Is there any way to use a relative path to link spreadsheets? Using a UNC path isn't possible due to security restrictions and cha...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...

Bulk Edit Parent Account
I seem to have the problem of not being able to bulk edit parent accounts in CRM 4.0. I have tried to follow the instructions for fixing this in 3.0, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933898/, but the lines they have you change are not in the 4.0 version of the account entity xml file. Is this a known bug in 4.0 and is there a fix? ...

Error in chart wizard
The following error occured in Excel 97: -> User clicked on chart wizard -> clicked the customer types tab and got the following errors one after the other: 1st - Microsoft Visual Basic Permission to use object denied 2nd - Microsoft Excel Error accessing user-defined custom chart file 3rd - Program error Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. This happened on more than one machine. I do not get this error message on my machine. I have a screenshot of the errors if it would help. Has...