How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart?

I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values.  How I can do
that without having to make  complete data series?
0
Judy1 (93)

Judy,

Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could
revise to be a control chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Judy" wrote:

> How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart?
>
> I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values.  How I can do
> that without having to make  complete data series?
Judy -

If you want something to be plotted in an Excel chart, you pretty much need to add a
new series. But adding a new series is not a big deal. The links John has proposed
guide you through the process.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Judy wrote:

> How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart?
>
> I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values.  How I can do
> that without having to make  complete data series?

Thank you John and Jon!  You saved my life.
I did may chart using your  Error Bar Method.  Great site.
Thanks again!
0
Judy1 (93)

SBS 2003
We are having an issue bumping into some kind of limit when connecting to the internet. If 6 or 7 computer are on the net it is okay. When others try to connect they get a Page not Found error. When machines that are connected log off, then the other can connect to the internet. While the Page Not Found error is displayed, they can still ping multiple sites. Its just the internet explorer that is not allowing them in. All of the SBS file access features are still working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Tim: SBS 2003 Standard or Premium? When did this start? ...

excel based budgeting #2
I amusing Excel Based Budgeting, the spreadsheet is getting created, yet created blank. I know the system created the spreadhseet b/c the worksheet page 1 gets named the Budget ID that we started with. this workstation/user can export with no issue from smart list At the same time we are working on exporting the budget, on another workstaion we were processing a pretty big GL integration any ideas? ...

Macro Editor closes Excel 2000 ?
When I attempt to edit a macro in Excel 2000 the program will close. I can not open the VB Macro Editor. Re-installed Office and downloaded latest updates to no avail. Any help is appreciated ...

Issue when exporting into Excel in 3.0
Hi, One of the problem that i notice after clicking export button on opportunity form, the crm form will close down and open with the excel form. As i remember i did not encounter this problem in previous version. After i exported the file, another excel form was loaded. The CRM form was still available. What's wrong with this?? Did i miss some settiing here?? Carrie Hi, I notice the same when exporting files to MS Excel... Really bad that we had to open a new web browser window and login again :( "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > One of the problem that i notice aft...

URGENT PRIV1.STM file near limit
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 standard configured with several mailboxes, all used with pop3 connections from external clients (no messages will remain on the server for more than a few hours). Now, I have reached the database size limit of 16 GB but the strange thing is that the priv1.edb file size is only about 200 MB, but the priv1.stm file is 15,8 GB. The store is continuosly stopped by the system and I don't know what to do. I've tried to limit the mailboxes max size, tho set the retention time for deleted messages and mailboxes to 0, I made several offline defragmentation, ...

Sorting Excel worsheets by worsheet title
Can Excel worsheets aotomatically sorted by worsheet title? No. Here is one web page with Instructions on how you can make Excel do it with VBA, though: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm tj "JamesC" wrote: > Can Excel worsheets aotomatically sorted by worsheet title? Hi James, In addition to the website tj directed you too, you can also do it with a great add-in along many other great user functions by Bastien Mensink called ASAP Utilities at: http://www.asap-utilities.com/ "JamesC" wrote: > Can Excel worsheets aotomatically sorted by worsheet ...

Excel; How can I use Query to create lists from separate workbooks
Hello, I have 5 worksheets in 1 workbook with purchasing data in them. The sheets have some different fields, but all contain a Filing No, Date, Vendor Name, Description, Department No, Account No, and Amount. I would like to pull the above information and place it into a master list based on Department No. and Account No. criteria (Ex; If (DepartmentNo=431110 and AccountNo=560420) = True, then insert into list) I thought that creating a database query was a promising solution. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I can get query to properly pull entries from a single sheet. W...

How not to draw cells with formula but no value in Excel charts?
Can anyone please help? I have a chart referring to a table of cells with formulae pointing to other worksheets. Those worksheets are captured and created periodically (every 30 min). When the sheets are not created, the formulae will check their absence and display "" (empty value). Once the sheets are created, the wanted value would be extracted and displayed. However, with empty value, the chart will treat it as zero and draw it. How may I skip those cells and not draw them? I now have to delete the formula and copy back the formula when the referenced sheets are...

Excel 2007 Legend Key Problem
Hi, I currently have a bunch of files with stacked bar charts that were created in Office XP. I have 3 series in each but only need to display 2. When I add the legend and manually delete the third series it appears fine. However, when I save the file and reopen, the legend does not appear changed the blank series entry appears and the one I need disappears! I've been reading and I believe this is a known bug with Excel 2007 charts. Does anyone have a workaround? I need this ASAP so that we don't have to keep on making changes when we publish. Thank you ...

Link Outlook to Excel
is there a way that you can link a task to a spreedsheet in excel? ...

Conditional Formatting confusion
I am trying to apply a conditional format to a cell when either/both of two other cells on the row contain a value. I have tried every permutation I can think of but nothing is working. I'm pasting a couple of variants of what I've tried. (I also tried zero in the place of the one.) Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong? Thanks! =((W4+AF4)>1) =((W4+AF4)>"1") =IF((W4+AF4)>1,TRUE,FALSE) =IF((W4+AF4)>"1",TRUE,FALSE) -- Ann Scharpf Does value mean number or just any old entry? If number: =count(w4,af4)>0 to see if either...

Sorting Excel Worksheets
I created a large workbook with approx. 40 worksheets. Can anyone tell me how to resort the worksheets. They are numerical so the sorting should be easy. well you can do i manually by click-dragging the tabs into oder, but that will take time. otherwise my wisdom can't help you. "Roseanne" wrote: > I created a large workbook with approx. 40 worksheets. Can anyone tell me > how to resort the worksheets. They are numerical so the sorting should be > easy. Roseanne Need VBA code for this. Chip Pearson has this. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm Gord...

Undo in Excel 2007/Vista
How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. Samsea Samsea wrote: > How do I undo data entry in Excel cells? I must be brain dead because I can't > find the undo/redo buttons like I had on my "old" Excel 2003/Win XP. I am a > new user of 2007 and admittedly have a lot to learn. > > Samsea At the very top of the screen on the left side you should see the undo redo buttons. gls858 G...

Print Excel files from a BAT file.
I would like to print to a network printer a bunch of Excel files using a BAT file. The network printer drivers are installed in Windows XP. I read the Excel parameters but none are for sending a print job to a printer. Can someone provide a BAT Start commnad line for me? -- Victor Manske Computer Network & Systems Consultant ...

error on excel 2000 when inserting new column
This message occur-" To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1,and save yur workbook to reset the last cell used or, yo can move the data to a new location and try again." please help me about this. thanks! Jaypee Unless you specifically reset excels usedrange occassionally, you can find that lots of inserting can mean that excel thinks it has data far more to the right or below of where you think. If you then try to insert say a colum...

How do I ask Excel to count how many items are in BOLD TYPE?
HI...wondering how I can have Excel give me a total of how many words or titles are typed with BOLD lettering in a particular column. Can anyone help me, I'm going batty... THANKS There's nothing built into excel that will sum values based on formatting. You could use a User defined function, though. Option Explicit Function CountBold(rng As Range) as Long Application.Volatile Dim myCell As Range Dim myTotal As Long myTotal = 0 For Each myCell In rng.Cells With myCell If .Font.Bold = True Then myTotal = myTotal + 1 ...

Excel Comments boxes change size
In a data sheet I have used comments boxes to illustrate my subjects, with a photo as the 'fill colour'. The trouble is although I have set the 'Size', 'scale' to 'Lock Aspect Ratio' and Properties to 'move but don't size with cells' - The comments boxes keep changing not only size but aspect ratio as well - this negates the whole point of putting in the photos. How can I overcome this? thanks Mick ...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

format of excel file to be counted as Table for Access
While importing external data, there is an option of importing an excel file in the form of a Table. Though a table in Access also has headings & data below it, what does the utility expect an excel file to contain? Thanks ...

On a network diagram how do I draw a cloud aroud different areas
I have a network diagram with a lot of differnet subnets and area. I want to seperate them by drawing a cloud around the different areas. How do I accomplish this? Get the pencil tool and draw a bunch of arcs, or get the cloud shape from the Network Locations stencil and Send To Back -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A309A6-B074-4273-904A-A95F1EC2A30C@microsoft.com... >I have a network diagram with a lot of differnet subnets and area. I want >to > seperate them by drawing a cloud ar...

Filtering Data in Excel
Why can't I filter my imported data in Excel? Is that a trick question? I think you have to a give a little more information on what you mean, what does not work as expected, what kind of import, what are you trying to do? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Idunno" <Idunno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF855A3-F697-4AEA-A1A5-3EDB7D0627FD@microsoft.com... > Why can't I filter my imported data in Excel? ...

Creating Address Labels in Excel
I have maintained my greeting card mailing list for years in a non-Microsoft program. After I changed my OS to Windows XP, the mailing program wouldn't work. I recently managed to pull the name and address data into Excel, but can't figure out how to create mailing labels from the data. Is there a way to create mailing labels in Excel without having to merge the data with Word or another program? Thanks very much for pointing me in a direction. Hi Mandy, If you have Microsoft Office then you would use Microsoft Word to do the printing with Excel as the database. http://...

Use Data from one sheet to populate Purchase Order on another sheet -Excel 2002
Hello, Wonder if this is possible.. Sheet1 - has a 'list' of parts that need to be ordered - their description, qty, type of material, part number etc Sheet2 - I want to create a requisition from those items listed on Sheet1 based on type of material... Basically need to take the data from Sheet 1 (can be 50 - 200 items/parts) keyed in by designers and create a purchase order requisition for our vendors/suppliers based on the type of material. Is there a way to extract.. say. material is H20.. and of them 50 items keyed in.. 10 of them are H20.. so that I can fill in the qty, descr...

How do I create a calendar from data in excel?
I have two columns with dates in them and would like to display a calendar at the bottom of the page. Is this possible? Try a 3rd party application like WinCalendar... With this you can insert a Calendar into any excel sheet. You can also save daily appointments on a floating Calendar that later display on the inserted calendar. Refer to http://www.wincalendar.com/ for more info. TG On Jul 31, 12:00 pm, kare7272 <kare7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two columns with dates in them and would like to display acalendarat > the bottom of the page. Is this possible...

Search tool for Excel workbooks
I've created a workbook in Excel 2000 with multiple pages. The first page consists of hyperlinks to data on other worksheets. I would like to be able to search the entire workbook for specific data, and add this as a tool on the first page of the workbook. Can this be done? Will I need to dload some add-ins for excel for this? Trying to make this as simple as possible without making the recipients of this workbook install any add-ins. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx, Ryuji4000 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...