how do I display cell contents when I am over 32, 767 characters?

0
usdrmd (1)

Excel was not designed for this. Depending on your purpose, you should use
Word or Access.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"usdrmd" <usdrmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Spotlight no longer searches or indexes the contents of DOCX files
This is a very important feature to me, and Office 2008 has disabled this ability. Why can't spotlight look inside of these files, or find them at all? Do I have the settings wrong? I'd appreciate any help I could get. On 3/4/08 9:55 AM, in article ee8fad5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "tmac4eva@officeformac.com" <tmac4eva@officeformac.com> wrote: > This is a very important feature to me, and Office 2008 has disabled this > ability. Why can't spotlight look inside of these files, or find them at all? > Do I have the settings wrong? You must have Notificat...

Accented Characters Problem

Adding A Date To Adjacent Cell
I need to know if there is a simple formula to add the current (static) date into the adjacent cell by entering a specific # into another cell. Example: by entering 100 into cell A1, I'd like to see the date apear in cell B1. Thanks, FS You need VB. Right click on sheet tab, view code. Paste this in: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If Target.Value = 100 Then Target.Offset(0, 1) = Date End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M "FS" <FS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Print contents in a kit
Can you print the list of products that make up a kit? I've searched help and no luck on that.. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03E5_01C6E179.B38C5A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IS Guy, Item Quantity List Grouped by Kit Code http://tinyurl.com/42qqo Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using...

Want to create sliders to change cell values in EXCEL for PC
As a math teacher, being able to view chart/graph changes as equation parameters change is an extremely valuable tool. An article in the NCTM Mathematics journal describes this capability using "Scroll Bar type Sliders" in EXCEL 2004, which is evidently for MAC's. I have a PC with EXCEL 2003. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Display name show LDAP information
Dear expert, Our new EXCH 2003 was running fine so far but some of the users having problem sending email to recipient of same Org. After checking we found that when we click their name from GAL, there are no email address or other information in the address property except for Display Name. The Display Name shown something like /o=xxx/OC=xxx/CN=xxx .... it seems like LDAP information or something. Just wish to learn from you why is such thing happen and what is the solution. thanks Elton, I would suggest checking your Recipient Policies and ensuring that no errors are being log...

Unwanted Cells
When using a spreadsheet what is the best way to highlight everything else except the data that you are using. ie turn everything grey except a1:j10. -- billy2willy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471186 Here is one way. I don't know if it is the best way. Highlight Column K Ctrl+Shift+(right arrow key) This will select Every column except A-J Then hold ctrl and select row 11 Ctr...

Check Box that Locks all cells on it's column
Does anyone know how I could create a checkbox that when checked, would lock all cells on that column permanently. Probably some simple macro that keeps eluding me. Put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar in row 1 of each of the columns you want. Then assign this same macro to each of those checkboxes. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="hi" myCBX.TopLeftCell.EntireColumn.Locked = True ActiveSheet.Protect Passw...

How to filter color changed cells
Hi guys, I am writing a macro to find the special char in the Balance column(ie. only Numeric format) Its finds and changed cells interior color on the particular column, whiever cells contained specl. But my question is HOW TO FILTER THE CHANGED COLOR CELLS? Is filter possible to changed color cells? Plz help Advanced thanks Venky On Aug 6, 2:45 pm, mvenkatesa...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am writing a macro to find the special char in the Balance > column(ie. only Numeric format) > Its finds and changed cells interior color on the particular column, > whiever ce...

Problem on formatting cells
Hi there! My excel doesn't change the format of the text inside it: the dates changed to numbers. I tried to change the format again by right-clicking the cell and choosing "Formnat Cell".. however when i try to choose "Date" and indicate a new type, nothing happens. This incident happened to my friend too. please help and thanks in advance Hi are you sure the date is stored as date/number and not as 'Text'.<What does the formula =ISNUMBER(A1) return (if A1 is one of your cells). It should return TRUE -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mum...

Copying Notes as well as cells
Hi group, I have a table set up where have added comments to certain of these cells. The comments are not hidden as I have them always shown. I like to copy these range of cells along with the comments and paste them to word or powerpoint. The problem is when I try to highlight that range, only cells are highlighted (and not comments along with cells). So I can't copy everything at onces. Is there a way to copy cells and comments and paste them somewhere else? any help can save me good chuck of time. Thanks JJ Maybe you could copy all the stuff as a picture? Select your ran...

Select first cell in active row?
Good day all. Excel 2007 Can anyone assist with code to select the first cell in whichever row the currently active cell is to be found? If I record "Home" the macro given refers only to that specific cell, I need a dynamic result dependent an currently active row in the sheet. Thanks in advance for your always valued contributions. Wes Try this line of code... Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Select -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Wes_A" <WesA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F51A2180-AA8C-4D12-A8BC-8672F2988269@microsoft.com... > Good ...

Displayed images wont print

Format cells to display truncated values?
I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - eg $254,123 would be displayed as $254K. I do not want to change the underlying value, and I do not want to add an additional column with a calculated value Use a custom number format of $0,K -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06C70E35-F87D-4DF7-8494-A46F0E93B507@microsoft.com... >I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - >eg $254,123 > would be displ...

How to place a cell formula after the formula result in the cell?
Hello How to place a cell formula after the formula result in the cell? If you don't intend on using the result in further calculations, you can use: J1: =SUM(A1:H17) & "=SUM(A1:H17)" but this results in Text. In article <OzhDfONtDHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ru> wrote: > Hello > How to place a cell formula after the formula result in the cell? > > A manual way would be to type the formula a second time: if the result of the formula is numeric: =A1+A2 +0*N("a1+A2") (spaces le...

Prompt user to input what data to be displayed on Report
I've created a report. I would like for user to decide what dates they want to see on report. (I think I need a parameter???? query)? What type of query do I create where user is prompted to enter a 'Begin Date' and and 'End Date'.. and have that data appear on report. What are the steps to do this????? Note: My date is in short date format On Mar 25, 4:00=A0pm, Summing multiple fields on a form <Summingmultiplefieldsonaf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've created a report. I would like for user to decide what dates they wa= nt > ...

St4em and Leaf Display or Plot
I had an assignment at class and couldn't do it because I didn't get the stem and leaf chart in Excel. Can anyone assist me in how to create a stem and leaf plot? Thanks. Dessi Bravo - Excel does not have a built-in feature for stem and leaf charts. Perhaps your class is using a textbook that has an Excel add-in that produces such charts. If not, browse to www.google.com, and search for "excel stem leaf" (without the quotes), and you'll find some instructions about creating a stem and leaf chart using Excel. - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com De...

Email Address "Display As" Headache
Hi, I have a Contacts subfolder call "accountants" I'm using the "Phone List" view I've added the field "E-mail Display As" field as well as the "E-mail" field to the Phone List view. (FYI: Contacts were initially imported from a CSV file) When I open a contact...the contact records "E-mail Dispay As" field correctly shows properly formatted "E-mail Display As" value" - [Contact Name (email address)] How can I get the "E-mail Display As" field to show the proper "E-mail Display As&...

Copy actual URL from hyperlink cell
I have a spreadsheet with thousands of records. One column contains hyperlinks either created manually using the Insert->Hyperlink action or via a =HYPERLINK() dynamic formula. I need to return the URL for the cyperlink column into another column so that I can use it for some other purpose. The new cells would simply contain text like http://website/folder/file.htm. I couldn't find a function that returned the URL, so I'm wondering if there is another way to get the info? A macro possibly? Thanks for your help IAN Ian Not sure if I understand, but the code below will iterat...

Problems with Tab Control Display Area
I seem to be having a lot of trouble with figuring out the display area of a tab control. I have a class called CDialogTabCtrl that is derived from MFC's CTabCtrl. When the window is resized, I want to resize each of the child dialog box windows that are made visible individually as each tab is selected. Below is my code. m_arPanels is a CArray of CWnd pointers. The problem with this routine is that it appears to work perfectly. :-) However, I don't think that it should. The routine converts the window coordinates of the tab control to client coordinates of the parent control. But th...

How do you unmerge cells?
Can anyone advice me whether there is a way to unmerge cells. I have read on discussion groups that unless imperative, one shouldn't merge cells as they cause problem when you come to do sorts. I now want to sort a worksheet that has merged cells. Any assistance would be appraciated. Format.Cells.AlignMent - uncheck MergeCells -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "Pank Mehta" <PankMehta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1875CF56-857E-40BC-90F6-FE7168CE7820@microsoft.com... > Can anyone advice me whether there ...

Force upper-case characters?
Is it possible to make any cell display only upper-case letters. So, even if a lower-case letter is entered its upper case equivalent is displayed. I know I could simply use UPPER function to display the contents of another cell in upper-case, but I'm wanting to avoid the need to use other cells. Any help appreciated. Regards Jason Try this sub taken from a post by Tom Ogilvy which will force uppercase in col A: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error goto ErrHandler If Target.Column = 1 Then Application.EnableEvents = false Target.Value = UCase(Ta...

How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on it
This is what I am trying to do.... 1. When someone clicks on cell, the checkmark symbol is entered into the cell 2. When someone clicks on the same cell again, they cell becomes blank (ie toggle between checkmark and blank) 3. Then how do I count the number of checkmarks in a column. Thanks, -- prsII ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prsII's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32166 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519157 How about a double-click?: Enter the following in ...

Averaging cells not connected
Iam somewhat new to Excell 2003. I've just learned how to average cells (& ignore zeros) that are connected, either row to row, or coloumb to coloumb. I need to know how to average cells (& ignore zeros or blank cells) that is a mix of connected cell and others that are not connected.....like; B5 C5 D5 B10 C10 D10 this format continues for several more rows. Not sure if I'll find this help screen again. If you don't mined, would you also email the results to: cusjan@yahoo.com Thanks. Try: =AVERAGE(IF(B5:D5<>0,B5:D5),IF(B10:D10<>0,...

How do I delete dead cell space?
I have a report that was exported from a system that I have no control over. It's an address list that exported in CSV format. I'm running Excel 07. I'm creating a simple address list to do a mail merge. Just a few headers such as this: (A)First Name, (B)MI, ´┐ŻLast Name, (D)Address, (E)City, (F) State, (G)Zip Pretty simple until I do a mail merge and it's outputting like this: John _____ A Smith_________ 123 Main St________________________ Anytown___________ USA___ 12345 The dashes are actually there and blue on the merge, but in the excel file, there are no dashes.......