How do I create an area and line combination chart?

I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it
is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible?

Hi,

Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own.
Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line
series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type
to select the required Area chart type.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

histogram or pie chart or?
Greetings from the UK... I have a list of around 1000 numbers, all integers whose values can range from 1 through to 4000. Most of these numbers repeat themselves in the list . What I want to do is produce a chart showing the number of times each descrete number appears , its value and the percentage of times it appears in the list . I think ( dangerous for me !) I should be looking at a histogram or a even a pie chart but so far my attempts (using the data analysis and chart wizards) are not what I want. As an example a list of 12 numbers could be 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, ...

Moving the Area of Interest across the Video Sequence
Hello, I am capturing a live acquisition of image 1280*1024 and defined a subwindow or Area of Interest (AOI) of size 1280*40 using MFC programming .I want to move this AOI across the 1280*1024 window (across the video sequence). I am thinking of using a timer or a for loop so that it will iterate on each of the frames of the video. Can anyone please kindly help me regarding this. Thanks in advance James. ...

Stacked charts #3
Is it possible to create a circular stacked chart? So the radius of the circle is equivalent to the height of the bar. It seems like it should be possible but I just can't think of a way to get it done! Thanks in advance, HarryAdney Not too sure if this is what you want, but you can take the existing chart, create a circle from the drawing toolbar, copy the circle, click on the bar you want changing and paste it -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "HarryAd...

range of chart
If I am trying to chart information related to individual's payroll in comparison to total pay roll, how do I select the correct range to have the names show along with the value ranges? Tracey - Do you want the names ass data labels, linked to the points? If so, use one of these free utilities to add text from cells to the chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Tracey wrote: > If I am trying to chart...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Creating Emails (Recevied) with SDK
I've been trying to write a SDK program that will take a file of received emails and upload them to CRM. I need to do this programmatically and have multiple people in the to address (Data Migration Wizard only allows 1). I can create emails easily enough and create the emails. However, I cannot set incoming emails where the sender is a contact to closed and received. Has anyone tried this before? ...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

How do I limit labels in chart legend to only a portion of data?
I am hoping to get a chart that includes four lines of data, but with only two of the line labels for the data showing up in the chart legend. The two lines that I want excluded are just straight bars that will include a text box within the chart as their label, but I have run into problems with simply slapping a line on the chart as it does not move around when we scale up or down the two axes. Is there a way to get the legend to only show the label identifiers with only the two sets of data that I want shown? Thank you Hi, The legend displays an entry for each series in the chart....

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Excel 2007
The charting function in my Office 2007 installation not working. When I click the Chart button, it shown following message. --------------------------- Information --------------------------- Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have both Office 2003 and 2007 installed in my system. Is this a compatible issue? I had try the chart function in Word, Excel and PowerPoint all not working. Thanks did you ever figure out the problem? i'm getting the same error in office 2007...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

One line is killing my program!
The following line works, where it specifies the first 4 characters of two area codes (403, and (587. .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 = _ "=MID(R[0]C[-2],INDEX(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2]),MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2])),0)),14)" I need to substitute two variables - areaCode1 and areaCode2 to replace (403 and (587. I think I've done so, but the following doesn't work: .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 ...

How to Populate .msg File Used in Command Line
I have a .msg file I saved as a boilerplate for Calendar requests that will be programmatically started in an application I am developing. I want to be able to modify the Calendar request's date, time, duration, and message contents based on the user's inputs prior to opening the .msg file. After the user verifies the contents, he/she will click the <Send> button. Currently, from the command line, I can run "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\outlook.exe" /f "c:\p_review\PR.msg" The Calendar request opens with the boilerplate. Ho...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mass Modify Chart of Accounts
My company's current account setup uses the 2nd segment in an account to denote the assigned property, while the 3rd segment identifies the posting account number. Say my current chart looks as follows: 1-001-1000 1-002-1000 1-003-1000 and I want to add a new account numbered 2000 for all the properties 001-003 to give me: 1-001-1000 1-001-2000 1-002-1000 1-002-2000 1-003-1000 1-003-2000 How can I do this for all properties at once without adding them individually through account maintenence, since I have about 8 new accounts to add to over 200 existing properties? I can see h...

Combine MFC with non-MFC files?
Hi, I met a problem... When I try to use a non-MFC cpp file into my MFC project, I remove the "Use precompiled header" setting to avoid include stdafx.h. All files compiled ok. But when linking, it returned some error message: Linking... uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(newop.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...