How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.

0
WS (4)

If rhe pivot table icon ...???   Please clarify in the body of the message.

"Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
reply6075 (299)

my page number icons disappeared.
How do I get my page number icons to reappear? I don't know how they disappeared. GabPub wrote: > How do I get my page number icons to reappear? I don't know how they > disappeared. ===================== Up to the 2003 version go to... View / Status Bar For the 2007 version have a look at the following article:: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publisher 2007 Or...Why can't I change pages in Publisher 2007 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs (scroll down to : Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007) -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Expe...

create local copy (of only some cells) of spreadsheet on network
Folks, Our office has a workbook having monthly schedules of tasks for th team. There is a workbook for each year, and each workbook has 1 worksheets - for each month. Each workbook contains months from Jan t Dec. So basically there is a workbook - Schedule2004.xls contains 1 worksheets Jan04 to Dec04 The first row in each worksheet contain the names of team members a headings - Date, Mike, Dale, Peter, Angela etc From the second row is the data, for ex as shown below Date Mike Dale Peter Angela 01/01/04 coding coding testing documentation 02/01/04 coding codi...

Range created using Union...accessing cells
In trying to use the ranges created from Union, I can't refer to the cells properly. For example, R1=Union(myrange1, myrange2) If I try the following it works fine: Dim c as range For each c in R1.Cells msgbox c.Address Next If I try the following the second iteration when I=2 gives me the address of the row in the worksheet right below R1.Cells(1,1). It doesn't give me the address of the second row, fist column cell of R1: Dim I As long For I = 1 to R1.Cells.Count msgbox R1.Cells(I, 1).Address Next I Your union is not quite right... You missed the s...

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

Create a bound class
Hello, Is it possible to create a class that is bound to a field? Any links / help along these lines is appreciated. Thanks swas swas wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to create a class that is bound to a field? > > Any links / help along these lines is appreciated. > > > Thanks > > > swas But what is meant by 'bound to a field'? What is the class's ultimate purpose? If by 'bound class', you're hoping you can get the class in the property list and select a field for its "Control Source...

Formatting default value in a table
I am in the process of creating a database to used in a small office to track ongoing projects. I am trying to get the next new record to automatic populate with the next number. Currently I have row set up as a number, field properties I have set Format to 0"7-"000. However, I am not sure what iI should set the default value to. Projects listed currently are 07-002, 07-003 and I would like the database to automatically populate with the next project number 07-004. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Not exactly what you want, but the code is simi...

Auto number in an existing table
I am converting a Approach96 database to Access 2007. I imported the 3 tables with no problem and created my forms, etc. now the problem. It is a "Customer Table", Property Table", and "Invoice Table". I have a few thousand records in there. I have a "properties" table that has a "property Number" field, This field was a "next number" created in Approach. There are many missing numbers from deleted records over the years. This "property number" field is linked to the "property Number" field in the Invoice...

Strange Files in My Documents Created by Outlook 2003
Every email that Outlook receives writes a text file in the My Documents folder. These files contain the complete email text that with all the tags such as 'received' and 'from'. Also, These files begin with the letter s and both the name and extension appear to be generated sequences. We are getting a ton of these files. It doesn't happen to all our users still we can't find the triger for this condition. Thanks in advance. John JKHarris <jkharris0@gmail.com> wrote: > Every email that Outlook receives writes a text file in the My > Documents folder...

What is the difference between a blank cell and a (blank) cell in Pivot Table ?
I 'paste special' two columns A and B from sheet1 to columns C and D in sheet2 (i.e. col A --> col C and col B --> col D). Column A contains either a customer number (all are numeric digits) or nothing whereas Column B use a formula to determine whether it contains nothing or a customer name (all are alpha-numeric values). In Sheet 2, I use Pivot Table to generate a report containing columns C and D. For those cells in Col C whose corresponding source cells in Col A are blank, nothing is shown in these cells. However, for those cells in Col D whose corresponding source cells in...

A get change first operation on table 'GL_Account_MSTR'
Hi, My client has recently upgraded to vs10 and now gets the following error when he scrolls using the scrolling keys in the Account Maintenance window. 'A get change first operation on table 'GL_Account_MSTR' is for an invalid key' How can we fix this? Thanks Neil Try this..... i have come across many 'get change operations' this works many times I would check this first: 1. In SQL Management Studio or in Enterprise Manager, right-click the company database, and then click Properties. 2. On the Options tab, click to clear the Single-user check box under...

How to load a picture when the dialog created?
I wanna show a picture when my dialog created.So I write it in OnInitDialog().But when the dialog come out,I cannot find my picture.Then I try to write my code in OnPaint(),it cannot work. But,when I set a timer in these part like "SetTimer(1,0,NULL)",and write the "draw picture" code in the timer,my picture can be showed now. Why??? :( Where are you trying to create this picture? On the dialog? Is it a splash screen that you want? Look at codeguru/codeproject for samples etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "valkyrie" <valkyrie@enorth.c...

Emails assigned from a queue to a user are created as duplicate in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
n CRM 3.0, an e-mail is received in the queue of the e-mail support. The queue is owned by admin. and the mail is sent from a customer created in the crm software. When I log in as myself (different from admin.) and I assigned the received mail (now an activity) to another user in the system, the activity is created twice (duplicated) into his 'Assigned' folder in his queue. Can someone help me with that issue? I have searched the newsgroup and so far, two other similar issues have been left unanswered... 1- User1 (System Administrator) sends an email to a CRM Queue. 2- From the qu...

League Table 02-22-10
Hi! I am trying to create a league table suing quite a lot of data. Scenario: I have 20 shops who each use on average 25 intermediaries. I have obtained the montly sales revenue from each of the shops (so i have 20 separate spreadsheets) and would like to create a league table of the highest selling intermediaries. Any ideas, if of course you even understand what I am saying? Many thanks. Given the fact that you have not yet begun, I suggest that you first browse the available templates to see if something exists that can be adapted to your needs: http://office.micros...

Creating a PDF file programatically from Excel
Excel 2003. I am using the following code to create a separate Excel file and PDF file for each sheet in my workbook. The .SaveAs works fine and creates a file without prompting me. However, the .PrintOut prompts me for the file name and location for the PDF file. How may I make it create the PDF file without a prompt? As a subquestion, how may I set my default working directory so that the .SaveAs and the .PrintOut direct their output to this directory? Thanks and God bless. Sub test() Dim a As Integer Dim wb As Workbook Application.ScreenUpdating = False For a = ...

Table Analyzer Wizard problem
I used the table analyzer wizard on a flat database file containing name and address information. It suggested creating a second table for the city, state and zip code data. I did this. It creates a lookup table and works ok. Selecting the zip code from the list fills in the city and state fields. My problem is that I occasionally need to add records that have different zip codes and cities than those in the zip code lookup table. It will not let me do this. The relationship is many to one. I tried turning off referential integrity, but this did not make a difference. I am now thinking ...

Creating a master search feature
I am currently developing a database to keep track of records requests and all of the pertinent information for each request. For the purposes of this question, I do not believe that the structure of the tables is important; however, I will happily post them if requested. Basically, what I want to do (or, more accurately, what the users want to do) is to allow the users to search on any value across all fields of multiple tables. For example, I have tables called: tblSubpInfo tblPartyInfo tblPartyAddresses tblPartyPhones tblSubpMemos tblSubpMedicalInfo .... and many more similarly de...

Quick Access Toolbar icons
Can you have an excel Quick Print to print to a specific printer? I have multiple printers and would like to have multiple print icons on the Quick Acces toolbar, each pointing to a different printer. Thanks, Will Hi will Yes this is possible Add a icon to the QAT and asign the "test" macro to print to the pdf printer for example Right click on the QAT and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar. If you select "Macros" In the "Choose commands from" dropdown and add a macro button to the QAT you are able to use the Modify button to choose from 181 images ...

Export report templates
I would like to export the standard and modified reports from Great Plains 6.0 and am not familiar with this application. Is this feature available for both FRx reports and the vanilla standard reports that come with Great Plains. Any assistance in how to obtain this information either in a text, csv format etc would be appreciated. For FRx, you can export to Excel and other formats. Within FRx you would go to the Report Catalog and pick the report you want to print. On the output tab select the type of destination you want. Click the Generate report button. There are no vanilla repo...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...

Pivot Tables #7
Can anyone suggest somewhere I can learn more about how to use Pivot Tables other than within Help? Contextures has some resources (including video) http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html John Larcher has a collection of tutorials http://www.lacher.com/toc/tutpiv.htm -- Steve "ddrjbrown" <ddrjbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C597923F-F370-4F42-8963-037E727ADB1E@microsoft.com... > Can anyone suggest somewhere I can learn more about how to use Pivot > Tables > other than within Help? Thats great thanks "AltaEgo" wrote: > ...

Error when creating an attribute
Hi all, I just installed MS CRM Server(Small business Server).When I create an attrribute and try to save it I get the following error: Line:92 Char:1 Error:could not complete the operation due to error 80020101 I also tried to solve it by installing rollup 1 update but still given problems. Thanks in advance -- donn ...

GP 10 Security Operation Table
I'm trying to locate the sql system lookup table for security operations. For example, if I grant permission within Task1 to "Account Analysis Defaults" I can see that a row is added to table SY10700 "Security Assignment Task Operations". However I only see a securityid field here with no descriptor. Any leads? Thanks! V9.0 and before had the same use of Dexterity resource IDs and had no SQL table with the data. In V10.0 they added the syCurrentResources (SY09400) table. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Maintenance Clear Data Click Dis...

Copy/Paste, Tables and Font Size
Hello everybody! I have PowerPoint 2003 and the following problem: SITUATION: I have a slide which contains a table in which future users on different systems have to input information. They will c/p this information from other applications, most likely Word. PROBLEM: When they c/p the information into PowerPoint the font size of the copied text changes. MY WORKAROUND: I have set the text font size in the Master Slide text field to 13. This way the c/p'd data has the intended font size of 12. MY QUESTION: Is there a proper way to set default font sizes for...

eConnect
When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I could notice "FLAGS" field in SOP10100 is populated with 0(zero). But when an entry is made directly in GP, it is updated with "2". Can any one say me what these value mean? And how to solve this? Thanks in advance. ACE_Shankar: I tested that and get a 0 written to the table - I also checked and they hard code to a 0 and not a 2. I don't exactly know what the different values mean, but when I x-ferred or posted, etc it didn't seem to matter what the value is. I guess if you want to override it for wh...

Menu subform
I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command buttons to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to code the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form calls it.maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.Brian This example might help you get there: http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htmIMHO, the the toolbar buttons (for undo, delete, filter, find, etc) and built-in navigation buttons are the simplest and most reliable approach. A custom toolbar ...