how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s.

I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number.  I would
like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for
the 3rd values - like a heat map.  any idea how to do this in excel?

Thx.
0
Excel1 (75)

Hi,

Try the chart type of Surface, it can be done here with some work.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"heat map in excel" wrote:

> I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number.  I would
> like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for
> the 3rd values - like a heat map.  any idea how to do this in excel?
>
> Thx.
Try on the base of my recent reply:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?pg=2&cat=en_US_f79e0462-3776-4f93-80b7-d3122b786559&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting&fltr=
--
Petr Bezucha

"heat map in excel" wrote:

> I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number.  I would
> like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for
> the 3rd values - like a heat map.  any idea how to do this in excel?
>
> Thx.
0
PBezucha (46)

Problems with creating a newsletter

where's image toolbar?
I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting an image, but I can't find it. Aaron wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to > compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? > > A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting > an image, but I can't find it. Hazarding a guess, I'm going to guess that either a) You haven't c...

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Macro

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

macros entering data