How do I create a gnatt chart in Excell

I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis.
0
Candie (4)

Gantt Charts in Microsoft Excel
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Excel Statistical Accuracy?
We have been told that Excel statistics calculations can be inaccurate. While that may be true for precise leading edge scientific work is it also true for college engineering students learning undergraduate statistical analysis? Thanks for any enlightenment, WDA ballensr@adelphia.net end ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 496 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! W. D. Allen Sr. wrote... >We have been told that Excel statist...

AD New Mailbox Not Created
When creating a new user account in AD...on our 2003 Exchange Server, the mailbox does not show up in properties or in system manager mailboxes. There are no errors in the application logs or reported anywhere else. How do we manually create a mailbox, now that we have a user?? Or How do we fix why AD users is not creatinhg a mailbox?? Thanx, Kevin 2 possible answers, depending on your situation. 1. To create the mailboxes, you must have the Exchange System Manager tools installed on the server / workstation that you are creating it from. Otherwise you will only be able to create...

how to change format of several dates entered in an Excel column
I have several dates (in fact over 100) already entered in the Date column in "1 Jul 1854" format. This makes it impossible to run a meaningful sort by Date. Is there a way to change these dates to a diffirent format like "1854-07-01"? Of course, I'm not asking how to change every date manually. I'd like to highlight this column and change all the dates at once. All suggestions will be appreciated. -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, FL Excel dates start on Jan 0 1900 so anything earlier is text, John Walkenbach has an add-in http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.ht...

Chart automation #2
I have a spredsheet that keeps track of a number of sales items for every month. These sales numbers are also used for the sources in a chart that will give me a visual picture of what is going on. So, if the spreadsheet has numbers in A1 to C3, the source will be A1:C3 Each month I will add a new row to the spreadsheet for the new set of numbers. Then in the chart I will have to manually change the source to A1:C4 and so on for each new month. Is there a way to automatically have the chart to know that there is a new row in the spreadsheet and automaically add that new row to the so...

Pivot table chart problem
Hello! Can somebody help me to solve one insignificant problem related to pivot table charts. I want to have grand totals displayed in the chart, which was created using a pivot table. I tried many different ways, but couldn't succeed. Is it impossible? If so, are there any other ways to display the totals in the chart. I really apreciate your help. Thank you in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You can create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jo...

stacked bar charts #2
I'm trying to compare timeliness performance across several different courts. I have data showing me how many cases are completed in each court in intervals such as 0- 35 days, 36-71 days... I want to be able to stack this info vertically for each court, giving a total of 100% of cases completed for each court. Then I want to be able to compare the courts horizontally so I can see, for example, which courts are clearing large %'s of very old cases, or very young cases. Suggestions welcome. ...

Disabling password in Excel 2000
Using Excel 2000 and after activating a macro in another open file, I cannot change any cells in another open file I am working in without putting in a password to unprotect the worksheet. However, I never setup a password and I do not know what the password is. I never even setup a password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hi Paul! See: JE McGimpsey http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html On the right hand side of the page you'll see a link that allows the download og AllInternalPasswords.xls. Download that and have it open at the same time as the probl...

Opening Old Excel Files
Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. Thanks, webermis Does Window/Unfreeze Panes get rid of it? Jordon "webermis" wrote > Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at > the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions > of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. > > Thank...

group/ungroup feature excel 2003
Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so that it is permanently inoperative. It is a pain in the ass. Paul Hi you could protect your worksheet and uncheck this option in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Manson wrote: > Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so > that it is permanently inoperative. > > It is a pain in the ass. > > Paul I just now looked in the "protection" dialog box. There is no option for "group/ungroup" Paul On some fine ...

Switching axis of a chart

Excel 2007-programming macros that apply to data validation
Greetings, I am new to this newsgroup, so nice to meet everyone! I have an Excel dilemma that I’d like help with. I’d like to apply some macro programming logic to a data validation cell entry, so then when a certain data value is selected in the pull down, the entire row changes color. Here is the algorithm I wish to follow: 1) Launch Excel 2007 2) Go to Data -> Data Validation Button -> Data Validation in pulldown selection 3) On the Data Validation Window, select the following: a. Allow: List (‘ignore blank’ and ‘in-cell dropdown’ are selected/checked) b. Source:...

Deploy Excel Macros
Hi! I developped some Excel XP macros in vbscript. Now it's time to deploy them to a unique client (only one computer). Those macros are made to be executed in many excel files, then for maintenance purpose it would be nice not to repeat those macros in each file. What are the possibilities to deploy my macros (compilation, template,...)? Also, i would like to protect my code. Depend on the deployment scenario, what are the possibilities? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. 1.st, you can compilate all your macros in a single Excel file and than save the file as *.xla, than in the new PC you j...

Unable to Change Case in Org Chart in Field
We are currently moving our org charts into Visio and are new to the program; we have imported an Excel table into Visio 2003 (11.3216.5703) using the Org Chart Wizard. We are able to apply initial caps to all fields except for field 2. Does anyone know what causes this and a way to workaround it? We do not want to have our data entry person have to retype the data in the format we require. Thanks in advance, Allison Orange Systems Project Consultant Florida Public Service Commission aorange@psc.state.fl.us I'm not sure what you mean by field 2. What steps are you taking to apply ...

How to embed expression in data labels on a chart
Hi all, I'm working on a chart problem, please see the data sample below: X Y L 1 11 123 2 22 234 3 33 345 4 44 456 5 55 567 I want make a chart, using X column as x axis, Y column as y axis, and chart type is line chart. So the result will be a chart with a x axit, and a single data series. Now I want to show data label on each data point on Y series, but I need show the value of L column on the same row as Y column. That mean the data label need to show the result a an expression. Is there anybody know how to make it? VBA solution is acceptable for me, but I have...

How to make Excel Chart not to display empty cells?
I have a range of IF formulas. Sometime IF returns number, sometimes "". The problem is that chart displays "" as value 0. Is there a way to force chart not to display those empty values? IF(condition; number_value; "") Marko Marko: In your If statement, replace "" with Na(). Excel will place a #N/A in the cells that were getting the "". Excel charting recognizes #N/A and will not go to 0. See this post for more details. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm ...Kelly koday@processtrends.com "Marko Pinteric&q...

How do I use Excel for an eigenvalue/vector problem?
Use the Poptools add in from http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/ -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "mr-ideahamster" <mr-ideahamster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9213B-1AAB-41E2-8AB7-B7B3E93BDDB8@microsoft.com... > ...

csv-file-lines back to excel rows and columns
Hello, My Excel-version is 2002. I am working with long lists of Attendees for courses and get them in csv-format, so all Data are in long rows with commas inbetween. But I need them in rows and columns, name under name, adress under adress and so on. Is there a Way to convert them from csv to rows and columns? Thank you rosalia You may want to post a sample (not the workbook) of how your data is laid out. And if the data is all in a long column (not row), then is each group delimited by anything (blank row)?? Or is it x rows per group? You'll get different suggestions based on the l...

Stacked Column Chart
I have this stacked column shart with 3-D visual effect, in which I would like to decrease the height of the columns vis-vis the plot area as I need to insert text boxes in the plot area over the columns. How do I go about it? Can somebody pl. help me with this? Fenil. Increase the Y axis maximum so that the columns do not reach so high. If you're adding textboxes, make sure you select the chart before adding the textboxes, so they are embedded in the chart, rather than in the worksheet. Also you will be well served to change to a 2D chart, otherwise it will soon become very clutt...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

How to apply formatting to Excel with existing external connection ranges?
Hi, I used Advanced Find in MSCRM and exported the results in Dynamic Excel file. Now, I wish to format the list using Excel's 'Format as Table' in Home ribbon, but it warns me that an overlapping external data ranges occurred and it will be converted to a table and remove all external connections. How will avoid this? We wish to format the list and maintain the external connections from CRM. Please advise. ...

auto format chart colours
Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than 100 are coloured green? thanks Yes, have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy bobf wrote: > Is it possible to have a bar chart where all values > greater than 100 are automatically coloured red, less than > 100 are coloured green? > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel 97/2000
Hi, Can someone please help me with a formula that I am having problems creating? In a folder I have 500+ 'randomly' named workbooks, plus one master workbook. The master workbook stays the same (it is the one I work with) whilst all the others will change daily. The changing workbooks all contain the same information types - that is each one is a set of contact details, with the file name being the contact name and the following example data: A1 - Address 1 A2 - Address 2 B1 - Telephone B2 - email address etc. On a daily basis, the master workbook is to collect all this data,...

Exchange unable to create mailboxes
After installing Exchange 2003 as the first installation in a Windows 2003 Domain, I was able to create mailboxes in Active Directory using Active Directory Users and Computers. However, when I open up System Manager and browse to First Storage Group\Mailbox Store\Mailboxes, it only lists the default system mailboxes and not the ones which were just created. When I tried to set up the Outlook client to send and receive mail using one of the newly created accounts, I get the error message that windows cannot locate the default mailbox store and will have to store messages locally. Has...

Excel User Conference Information
There's a wonderful conference for Excel Users. Led by Excel MVP's and Excel gurus. Find out details at http://www.exceluserconference.com and sign up! This is the 4th time it's been done - Fort Worth, Atlantic City, London, and now Marina Del Rey, California. Come one, come all! ...

Help Neede In How To Create Accounts receivable Or A/P Invoice
Hello, Could anyone let me know how a person can create a Great Plains A/R Invoice form scratch. Let's assume that a person has very small knowledge of Great Plains thus a very thorough and detailed description will be highly appreciated - the step by step description will be very helpful and appreciated. If also a detailed description of the same process concerning the creation of an A/P invoice is provided that would be even mcuh better. Also, could a trial version be donloaded or could even a tutorial from the Internet be found somwhere? Again, thanks in advance. You cann...