How do I create a chart of a function (36.75x^3)?

How do I create a chart of the function 36.75x^3?  I have to do this for my
engineering class.  Thanks for any feedback.
0
Ghaleon (1)

Hi
see:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Magic Emporer Ghaleon" <Magic Emporer
Ghaleon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do I create a chart of the function 36.75x^3?  I have to do this
for my
> engineering class.  Thanks for any feedback.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Pasting excel chart into powerpoint
Office 2003. When I paste an excel chart into powerpoint, it's not pasting proportionally. I've added text boxes to the chart (in Excel). Also, the original chart is a full page in Excel, however when I paste it into Powerpoint, it's being reduced in size. when I enlarge it, the text boxes (that I added) then overlap one another in powerpoint, where they didn't do this in Excel. I just switched from '97 to 2003 and this wasn't a problem. Perhaps I'll also post this to the powerpoint newsgroup, in case the problem is there instead of excel. I have so...

Sheet Tabs #3
Hi All, I am using office 2003. A user that I am support has office 2000 installed and has an issue with displaying the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen. I have tried a number of options from using the format>sheet>Un Hide. This does not resolve the issue. I have also tried to display the sheet tabs from tools>options>view> and select the option sheet tabs from the window options. None of the above makes the sheet tabs viable. Any ideas on how to resolve this are kindly welcomed. Aaron Aaron, you mean that you can see the tabs but your colleague cannot? Perculi...

How do I automatiicaly redefinie Source data range for a chart?
I have A Chart Defined by Category (X) values in Collumn B and Y values in Collumn C. Right now Both are defined by rows 4 to 114. I would like to be able to have the chart automatically redefine itself so if I put a value in C115 the chart would automaticaly set Y value range to be C4:C115 eithout having to manually define chart. Is this possible? If so how? I've tried OFFSET bu so far no luck. Hi, If you turn your data cells into a List, or Table in xl2007, the chart will auto expand. The named range approach will work if you set up the names correctly. See here for more info...

Adding functionalities to CRM Mobile
Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? regards, pedro airo No, you cannot add new forms. You can fully customize existing ones. Dean "Airo" wrote: > Hi, i want to know if its possible to add functionalities to the CRM Mobile. > If i can add "pages" created by me to tha they can be viewed in mobiles. > > IS SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP ME? > > regards, pedro airo Tnkz for your response. Regards, Pedro Ai...

Card Game Spreadsheet #3
Hi again! Using your great suggestions I now have a fantastic looking spreadshee which automatically updates the card's details using Vlookup and it' great except for one niggling factor. The date inserted into the "Details" cell using Vlookup over-runs th cell. I have Word Wrap turned on for all Details Cells and also th cells containing the actual data have Word Wrap turned on also, howeve the cell does not resize. As a work-around I thought maybe having a ToolTips function may wor (e.g. User hovers over the cell and the data grabbed by Vlookup pops u in a ToolTip windo...

How to use the countif() function to count items in a table
I have a table contains multple columns of info as shown in the below AcctID ProjectName PMName Phase Status EIG Project 1 Wellie Initiation New MLI Project 2 John Develop Active EIG Project 11 Wellie Qualify Active EIG Project UUU John Design InActive MLI Project XX Carol Deployment Completed MLI Project YYY Carol Design Active I'd like to use the countif() function to complete the following metric such that I know how many projects for each status for each AcctID. EIG ...

Book1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\Book1.xl -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 The template should be named Book.xlt, not Book1.xlt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mdalby" <mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Creating a duplicate lead
Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same company - would like to add a second lead without retyping all the address info, etc., that would be exactly the same. check out the free c360 Clone utility: http://www.c360.com/Clone.aspx It'll do what you need. -Sarah B. "jjohnson" wrote: > Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an > existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same > company - would ...

column totals on stacked column chart
Hi. Is there a good way to get the column totals on a stacked column chart to appear above the columns? All I have gotten so far is the individual pieces of the column to show their values inside of the column, but the user wants the column total, above the column. Thanks. Mark Hi, Assuming your chart is a 2d stacked column you could use dummy data series plotted on the secondary axis to display the total. Create yourself a helper column on your worksheet that sums the values of each column. Add this to the chart. At first it will be an extra portion on each stack. Select the serie...

Outlook stops responding #3
Outlook stops responding every time one of our users tries to access a Word doc via a link in an e-mail. She can browse to the Word doc and open it without any problem. The same link works for others. Any ideas? Thanks, Sean What version of Outlook and how are the files sent? What is the message format? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

spell check #3
does spell check work for outlook express? ...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

error messages #3
I am getting the error message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" whenever I try to change a font size or bold the font. Is there a solution to this? Hi Marc! See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292263 Also Leo Heuser posted a subroutine back in May 2001 to remove unused formats. http://tinyurl.com/2uq9e -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Creating company wide calendars
Hello, I need your help. I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to create a shared calendar that everyone in the company can access for company events. Is it possible and if it is, how do you create such a calendar? Thank you for your help. Yes, create a Public Folder for the calendar. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Demetrius Samaras" <dsamaras@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07a301c3b5eb$4db315b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need your help. > > I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to ...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. ...

Excel charts into powerpoint
Is there some simple code that I can use to get a group of excel charts into an existing powerpoint presentation? ...

Any font to surround number with a circle? #3
I haven't used the macro recorder b/c the only way i can think of to d it would be to insert a drawing sahpe around the number and then se the fill to be transparent. VBA macro wouldn't work very well fo that, I would rather use a mouse click/keystroke macro recorder like E Macro instead. What is truly needed is a whole new Font set tha surrounds the value with a circle but I have absolutely no idea how t do that or if a regular Joe who isn't an MS programmer can create custom font set -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey&...

Access 2007 date function not working
I had a database in Access 2003 that I imported into 2007 and all works well except the date function in Reports. I have tried to go into reports and repair by adding a date field, but when I try to open the report and error box comes up asks for update parameter value for the date. The currrent date will not display in my reports, just (#name?) is in the date field. You would think trying to put the current date in a report would be easy. -- Thanks, Mark Use this --- =Date() -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Mark K" wrote: > I had a database in Access ...

Chart turns gray.. can anyone help
Hi, I am working with a large file.. but not as big as others. This one has a few charts. When I add another it starts acting weird... turning totally gray unless I click on it...? its it the fact that its not embedded or not in front or in back of the worksheet? Thanks for any helpful ideas on correcting this. Go to Options on the Tools menu, click on the View tab, and under Objects, select View All. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Steve Kay wrote: > Hi, I am working with a large file.. but ...

Creating signatures but leaving them optional
Hello -- I've just had to re-load my operating system and then Office (and Outlook). The way I used to be set up, I had a signature that I could include in an outgoing email message by going Alt-I-S (and then I think the first letter of the name of the signature). In more than half my emails, I don't use a signature, but in others, I have a standard signature I want to include. So I'd like to be able to include the signat ure with a simple key-stroke combination, but otherwise leave messages unsigned. I can't figure out how to do this now -- if I create a signature, i...

ROWS Function
In Office Help, there is an example of the FOWS Function. In B2, the fumula is : "=ROWS(C1:E4)" I believe this one is easy to understand. However, another fumula in cell A3 said: =ROWS({1,2,3;4,5,6}) The description about it is "Number of rows in the array constant". The result is "2". Could you please explain it in a easy way for me to understand? Thanks. the example mentions 2 arrays. the rows function is supposed to retur the number of rows in any given array. first: "=ROWS(C1:E4)" C1 D1 E1 C2 D2 E2 C3 D3 E3 C4 D4 E4 this is a 4 x 3 matrix, 4...

User defined series in chart
Hello, I need to create a chart, whose X axis follows the following series from lowest to highest (1,2,3,4-,4,4+,5-,5,5+). These numbers basically represent a ratings system, with 1 being the worst rating and 5+ being the best rating. I have the data populated in excel, I just don't know how to graph it. Thanks, Paul Put the series in a column as text; these will be the category (x-) values In the next column; enter the y-values Make a LINE chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email <prayesm@gmail.com> wrot...

Rules #3
Is there somewhere else to go for help with Rules that arent' working? I have posted here twice and never gotten a response. If I am in the wrong place, I apologize in advance for being a pain.... I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4608.4219)SP-2 and Windows XP. I have several rules for when I send emails to certain people, copies are to be sent to a specific folder. The problem is that the rules don't run unless I manually go to the rules wizard and click on run now. Any suggestions on how I can make these rules run automatically when I send emails to certain people? Thanks, Cyn Not...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

can't move chart to new worksheet
I am creating a an embedded chart and then move it to another worksheet that would contain all my charts. After I create the chart I want to move it to another sheet. here is my code: ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("chart1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveWindow.Visible = False ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlNormal ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized Sheets("charts").Select Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (Enhanced Metafile)", Link:=False _ , DisplayAsIcon:=False It gives me an...