How do I create a blank chart?

I am trying to create a blank chart to be used after it is printed (filled in
by hand by several different people).  It only needs to be a simple column
graph that allows users to fill up the column based on their results on a
certain date.
0
cheri3107 (1)

Hi,

Just create a chart the refers to the blank range.  To make it easier enter
some dummy data and create the chart, then remove the dummy data.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"cheri3107" wrote:

> I am trying to create a blank chart to be used after it is printed (filled in
> by hand by several different people).  It only needs to be a simple column
> graph that allows users to fill up the column based on their results on a
> certain date.

line chart base to a pivot chart
Hi All, I've just made a pivot table with two pages,28 data,and one row heading. I want to create some line charts on another sheets.how to do it?. I want every time I select a page from my pivot table,the chart will display data form the selected pages.If one chart can display all the data, the rest data will be displayed on another chart> Is it possible?Please advise me how to do it step by step. Thank's ...

more or less than 0 or blank
Hi I have a column where I have a numbers more than 0, numbers less than 0, 0's and blanks. I would like to put in the formula in the query to calculate those numbers, but only for items more or less than 0, for those that are 0 or blanks I need to put 0 in the formula. I tried <>0, but it doesn't catch blanks. Can you help? -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva To handle 'blanks' you should use the Nz() function Nz(YourFieldName, 0) This will automatically return a value = 0 when the field is Null. On...

Need shaded area in gantt chart to show lines around each grid squ
Hi - I have created a gantt chart using excel 2002. I have a shaded area on my chart from 9/1-9/10/07. Can I make the shaded area show lines through it? This would make it much easier to follow down the page on the date selected. I know it is easily done in excel when you fill in say 3 squares in yellow and then highlight the area and select borders. I tried doing this in my chart, but can not make it work. Any help would be appreciated. -- Karen W. ...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able t capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephon call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..ho long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit th data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Hardin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tim, It depends upo...

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Chart making
When I select a column of data to make a chart. It only takes first cell and leave all others. In chart shows only one value, why? Arun, Please try this first - if you are working with the Chart Wizard, make sure that you have the option "Series in Columns" selected as opposed to "Series in Rows". This input is available in step number 2 of the wizard under the Data Range tab. If this doesn't work can you post back with a sample of your data? -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Arun Bhadoria" wrote: > When I select a column of da...

How can I set margins for headers on charts. The margin option ap.
I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart itself. I can not find any control in Excel or printer softeare that will indent a left-justified header. As you noted, there is no built-in chart option to indent a left justified header. I would suggest replacing the header with a text box. You can then use character spacing within the text box to create the look of an indented header. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "sayles1986" wrote: > I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart >...

Charting a linear equation
I have a chart in excel 2007, the X series is edited to be: ={0,150000} The Y series needs to be a formula, =2X+1000 How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series editor without using extra cells? Thanks! jlc On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@newsgroup.nospam> said: >How can I enter this in so it leverages X in its calculation. I know I can >make cells that do the calcs, but cant this be written up in the series >edi...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Area Charts
I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middle of "X" axis point Q1. Can anyone help? Hi DavidZ, Double click the x axis to display the format dialog. On the Scale tab you need to uncheck the Value axis crosses between categories. Cheers Andy DavidZ wrote: > I am using an area chart to display data over the past 16 quaters and would like the ends of the chart touch the "Y" axis line. Currently the area chart begins in the middl...

Even though a floating toolbar is created well, all its toolbuttons remain disabled
Hi I am working on a MFC MDI application. Environment is VS2005. I have derived a class from CToolBar and able to create and load it successfully. The toolbar is NOT created in CMainFrame::OnCreate(). Instead it is created on a tab-switch event. The tab-switch event handling is computationally higher and it takes around 2~3 seconds to complete. The toolbar is visible and enabled properly for sometime. However, at the end of the processing all the tool buttons are disabled. (The toolbar it self is ok and I can drag it). I checked to code and there is nothing in the code which explicitly dis...

Help with Scroll and Zoom Bar for Candle Chart
I am currently doing data manipulation for my series of data. I have Time, Open, High, Low, Close. There are approximately 6000 rows of data that I need to input into the Candle Chart and to do that I require a Scroll and Zoom function. I have been using a template for Scroll/Zoom for a normal basic Line Chart and attempted to reconfigure for a Candle Chart. I have named the following: SCROLLVALUE=Sheet1!$S$31 SERIES1==OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES2==OFFSET(Sheet1!$C$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES3==OFFSET(Sheet1!$D$1,SCROLLVALUE,0,ZOOMVALUE,1) SERIES4==OFFSET(Shee...

HELP, My chart dosen't work correctly.
I am working in Excell XP. I have a chart I need to do, but can't get i to work. The chart needs to have a list of text on the left, y axis and it needs to be JUSTIFIED text with text wrap. On the right needs t be a BAR chart showing survey question results. When I get the text to wrap the bars no longer line up with th questions. I am having a hard time with this. Then it must be able t print portrait style on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Any help would be appreciated. Marshal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet ...

Box and Whisker Charts
Has anyone ever made one? I've been cranking them out all afternoon. Here's my technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Kwalters wrote: > Has anyone ever made one? ...

about radar chart #2
I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse it will used ? let me some samples ? best You can search in Google for information. For example: http://www.skymark.com/resources/tools/radar_charts.asp http://www.jcrinc.com/subscribers/source.asp?durki=3849&site=48&return=3827 http://onyx.quadbase.com/ECServletDemo/RadarServletDemo.html hassan barjini wrote: > I am new in Excel please let me know about radar chart? for which propouse > it will used ? let me some samples ? > best -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List ...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

Creating a graph with 3 lines
Hello, hope you can help. I am trying to do a break-even analysis in the form of a graph. I am extreamly stuck on what to do Ive searched help and it gives me the option of downloading a wrksheet to input all the details but that is not what i am wanting. I just want to enter the details in excel as I already know the amounts and then to be presented with a simple graph with 3 entries. What do I search under to help me input 3 sources of information in like the fixed costs, selling costs and variable costs? Im realy stuck!!! Gillian7117 wrote: > Hello, hope you can help. > I am try...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

PWA "Gantt Chart Formats": Delay and Slippage
Hi, When I log into PWA-->Server Settings--> Look & Feel --> Gantt Chart Formats, under several formats there are bars named "Slippage", "Delay", "Early Schedule" and "Late Schedule". As we know, a bar should show a line between a Start Date and an End Date. Does anyone understand what these bars use as Start Date and End Date? Thanks, Barak Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ..NET Security [aPress] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/977c2770-c594-4859-b07c-b83d902e72cc/net-security-...

Create controls library using MFC!
Hi, I am trying to create an abstraction over the MFC control classes so that it is simplified and/or extended for our usage. - Firstly, is it a good idea to create a separate project in VC 2005 and build a static library of control classes which I can later use in different MFC based projects? - Since stdafx.h (for precompiled header) and afxcmn.h for some MFC controls had to be included in the same file, I get an error saying do not include windows.h (which exist in stdafx.h" in MFC apps when I compile the library. If I remove stdafx.h then it will complain asking me to include it. T...

Blank Emails #3
Hello, Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying all different ones for them. This has never happened until Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago). Problem only popped up a week ago. The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest Service Pa...