How do I create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel

I am trying to create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel but have ground to a halt,
I using Excel 9
0
fratton (1)

Fratton,

This example at this site should help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/charting_a_normal_distribution/

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"fratton" wrote:

> I am trying to create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel but have ground to a halt,
> I using Excel 9
See Normal curve
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <57CBBAB3-1B84-4975-AEF2-A2BAF94EB6E9@microsoft.com>,
fratton@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I am trying to create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel but have ground to a halt,
> I using Excel 9

Automatically Starting a Excel Addin
Hi We are using Excel 2000 and have a Addin that create a extra Tool bar. What we want to do is get this automatically loaded everytime someone loads Excel. If I go to Tool \ Addin and tick our addin it loads everytime OK. But we don't want to get all our users to have to do this themselves, if we know either the regit key or file that we needed to puch out to our users we could turn this setting on for them. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Paul www.purenetworking.net Jan Karel Pieterse used a helper workbook that added an addin in his namemanager utility. You can find it a...

How do I link a bubble in the bubble graph to another chart?
Hi, If by link you mean show another chart when clicking part of the first chart then have a look at this article by Jon Peltier on chart events. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 If not then maybe you can explain your problem further. Try using the body of the email, there's more room. Cheers Andy Pradnya Purandare wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for your response. You got the problem right. I have a bubble chart showing various market opportunities. And when I click on any particular bubble, I would l...

leading zeros in excel
I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 Format as 00000 -- HTH Bob Phillips "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4560E85F-CE45-487F-812F-C7CA9D7FB042@microsoft.com... > I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 If that is for a US zip code, they really should be formatted as text then they can also be consistent with zip+4 codes as well, and with codes used in other countries as well. Format as text is best, or precede with a single quote. If they aren't going to be treated arithmetically then ...

excel dropdown menu question
Being a complete newbie here, my question is as follows. I have created a spreadsheet for our Little League baseball team by position and inning. In each cell I have created a dropdown menu that lists each of our 11 players by name so that all I have to do is select the players name and it fills in that cell for that position/inning. What I would like this drop down menu to do, if possible, is as I move down the player position (in a single inning) and choose a players name to fill that position, the dropdown menu then removes that players name in the next position to be filled. EX: ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

excel database 25,000 plus names
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 If this is just a datastore, then yes, it is better in Access and wh...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

how do I download an excel template%3f
I have tried to download an excel template from the MicroSoft website. However, after clicking the download now button nothing happens. The download never reaches my computer. I am using excel 2003 and have MicroSoft XP on my computer. The information in the following article may help: Downloading Office Online templates http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011352971033.aspx Dante wrote: > I have tried to download an excel template from the MicroSoft website. > However, after clicking the download now button nothing happens. The > download never reaches my co...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel Formula Copy
Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Jennifer schreef: > Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct > answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Could you be more specific? What does it say on the other computer? Maybe in Tools > Options> Calculations "manual" is selected. Maybe the Automatic Calculation option is off on the computer it wont work on?? Thats my only guess "Jennifer&quo...

Re-editing a created calendar
Hi All, I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks in advance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Erol, Welcome to this Mic...

unintentional re-sizing of documents embedded in Excel
Within the last few days, Ive been experiencing a problem with Word documents embedded in an Excel worksheet. While I'm typing in the embedded document, the document size will change without any apparent cause. I've been using this form for years without any problem. We have virus protection software that is current, so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas or suggestioins?? TIA, Rich Hi no solution but this is probably not a virus or a setting. This happens in my experience quite often to embedded Excel documents. Would consider this more as a bug (with no workaround I know...

Creating Shortcut
Hi everyone, Can you please help me how I can creat shortcut for keyboard? Thanks in advance. -- eylul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eylul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13025 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378010 Do you have a macro that you need a shortcut key? If yes, Tools|macro|macros|Select your macro and click the option button There's a spot where you can specify the shortcut key. If you're looking for the equivalent to MSWord's: Tools|cu...

How to have multiple columns in excel that will expand and colaps.
I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like for the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view that level of data. Is there a method of doing this. It's hard to understand what you are wanting from what you say. Provide some detail about what the data looks like at the start, then what it looks like after expanding and then what it looks like after collapsing. Don't attach a file to your post. Just describe what you have and want. HTH Otto "columnhelp" <columnhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Excel data query goes away.
I have a work book that gets information from an SQL database. About every two months the query goes away. Why? and how can I stop this from happening? ...

insert data from one excel file into another
Is there any way to insert data from one excel file into another without doing copy and pasting? I need to automate the process of inserting data but I cannot use copy-paste, because it puts data on a clipboard, and my Excel VBA program runs in a multi-user environment. So if one instance of a program is copying data into clipboard, and another instance is pasting it at the same time, it will paste incorrect data. Thank you Leonard. You'll need both spreadsheets open, but try this; Option Explicit Sub MyMacro() Dim MyVariable As String Windows("File2.xls").Ac...

Re-creating Great Plains Database Objects
Hi All, I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the initial installation. I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature. Any ideas folks? -- "The Best thing in life is life" Ibutho, If this is already a corrupted environment, the best thing to do is scratch that installation and start over. Drop all GP databases on y...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Nuevo excel
Existe una nueva version English ng. Newer than what? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Liliana Uribe" <sluribem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OrgHvn2yIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Existe una nueva version Hola Uribe fervientemente que nos dijo:=20 > Existe una nueva version inmediatamente, hasta las prensas que pulsar en este enlace! news://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.es.excel --=20 --=20 @+ ;o))) ...

Transfer information into Excel spreadsheet
In Internet Explorer on a particular web page, I used to be able to click on file > Edit with Excel and then select the parts of the page I wanted to export. (By clicking on the small yellow box with a + in it. Now, my "edit" options are with Front Page or Word. What happened? I realize I can right click on the body of the page and select export to Excel, but I want to continue doing it the way I have for the past 6 months. ...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...

create montage
hi I really need to know how to create a montage. I live abroad now and have just had a baby I want to send a card to all family & friends in UK with a big picture in the centre and lots of others surrounding it. I can add them but they don't blend in and have a nice soft edging. I'm working with Publisher and have photoshop aswell. PLease help. Many thanks. It definitely is a Photoshop project... Publisher can do the montage but not the soft edges. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pineapple"...

Excel Formattings
I send data (percentages) to Excel with 1 decimal. The number before send to excel is 1.2%. When send to Excel the number becomes 1.20%. This is the default setting of Excel for percentages. Can anything be done in order to avoid formatting numbers again in Excel ? ...

email addresses in excel
How do I make email addresses in Excel open with Netscape 7 Messenger. I tried to run 'Set Programs and Defaults', selected Netscape 7 Messenger as my default mail client but it still uses Thunderbird (which was default prior to that) when I click on email link. I also restarted my computer to refresh the registry - it didn't work. Is this something I can configure in Excel or is this part of the XP OS settings. Thanks in advance Hi bluepuppet. Take a look at this site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bluepuppet" wrote: >...