how do i create 4 pie charts

Hi,

Could I enquire if someone could show me the steps to create 4 pie charts in
diagram (1 pie chart representing one calendar year)? How do I modify the
different size of the pie chart?

Thanks a lot.
0
Kim3887 (151)

Hi,

A chart can only contain a single Pie chart so you will need to create 4
charts. If you create chartobjects these can be embedded in a worksheet
or a blank chart sheet.

To adjust the size you can alter the plot area.
You don't mention what you are using to determine the size of the pie
but this page may be of use.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/piesizer.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Format Chart Area
In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions for restoring this check box, short of reinstalling. -- Thank you Best Regards John -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "John Smith" wrote: > In Office 2003 (v11.0) the "Format Chart Area" window has the "shadow" check > box, but is missing the "Round corners" check box. Are there any suggestions > for restoring this c...

Pivot Chart
I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The instructions then say to select the chart and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. Where did I go wrong? Thank you. First, change the chart to a 3-D sub-type: Select the chart Choose Chart>Chart type From the sub-types, select a 3-D type Click OK Then, the 3-D View command will be available on the menu. ~D~ wrote: > I am studying for a test and created a pivot chart successfully. The > instructions then say to select the chart > and go to 3dView. My 3d View is greyed out. > > Where di...

Removing wire frame in 3D surface chart.
I'm am experiencing difficulty to view 3D surface chart as the number of data points are increased due to the wire frames in the chart. Is there any way to remove wire frame in a 3D chart? Thanks, Hi Changyok, To get rid of the frame you need to set the border for each of the legend entries to none. The quickest way to do this is to click the legend, then click the legend marker for the first entry. Double click and set the border to none. After the dialog is closed use the left arrow key to move to the next entry. Press F4 to apply changes to the series. repeat for all entries. C...

How to set appointment at 4:15pm instead of 4pm or 4:30pm
I can't figure out how to get Outlook to allow me to start an appointment at 4:15pm. Outlook only allows me to set the appointment at 4pm or 4:30pm. I'm using Office 2003 for Students & Teachers and WinXP professional. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Highlight the :30 with your mouse and type over :15. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www...

Closed Opportunity Description in Database
When you close an opportunity you can enter a description, this does not get added to the description for the opportunity, and I can't figure out where to get it either to use in an email template or what database table it is in. Anyone know? This is in CRM version 4.0. There is a systm entity called Opportunityclose. It is available in the database FilteredOpportunityClose view. I don't think you can get to it from an email template, but you definately can from a report/SQL query. This is the same story for the case resolution description. "JR" wrote: > Whe...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0)
Hi, Got so many articles but all are perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=bbf7c5cf-4a61-45b4-a8e7-8c37eebcffed&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -mac Hello John, Did you copy and paste in a hyperlink, or type in the url? You may want to copy and paste a hyper...

WLM 4 "One of Two Tasks Have Completed Successfully"
1. User clicks on _Send/Receive and then on _Update All_. 2. Box pops up indicating "Some errors have occurred while processing the indicated tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details." 3. Upon checking below user finds the default email account has not been checked for new messages -- neither have several newsgroups. In fact ONLY "Microsoft Communities" has been checked for new messages. 4. ??? ------------------ Is this just a known bug, or is there a simple solution? Thanks. Nancy ...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Add source data to an existing chart?
Hello! I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner). I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar, to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a daily total for all three meals? :confused: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :) -- navychef ------------------------------------------------------------------------ navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457 View this threa...

HELP!!! How do you create a query crieria for multi values??
Hello all, please hyelp, its an emergency!!! Need to create a query where one of the searches is male or female, how do I allow user to enter both as the search options?? Also how do I convert tix boxes into a query criteria (e.g. serach for all ticked) Thanks so much for your help ...

Mail forwarding #4
We are running SBS2003 Premium, and I have setup a Distrbution Group. I have applied SP2 for Exchange. The distribtuion group works fine, but I want to include someone outside the organisation. How do I do this? Someone suggested setting up a Contact in AD, but what do I do next...?? Please help.. skc On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:13:02 -0700, Skc <Skc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running SBS2003 Premium, and I have setup a Distrbution Group. I have >applied SP2 for Exchange. > >The distribtuion group works fine, but I want to include someone outside the >...

Office:mac 2004 and Tiger (OS X 10.4)
X-posted to: microsoft.public.mac.office and microsoft.public.mac.office.word. Followup-to: microsoft.public.mac.office.word Hello. Some years ago - although after the release of Tiger, OS X v10.4 in April 2005 - I read in one of the microsoft.public.mac newsgroups a posting from an MVP who was still using Office:mac 2004 with Panther, in this case OS X v10.3.9, and that this was because Office:mac 2004 was developed on Jaguar, OS X v10.2 and only works 100 pct with OS X up to v10.3.9. I have been running Office:mac 2004 on a Powerbook FW800 with Panther, OS X v10.3.9 and now want to...

formulae #4
I require a formula that will count how many days between two dates.eg 23/05/02 and23/05/03. Using the rcommended formula days360(the two dates here)gives the answer 1 as in one year.........help meeeee please! You want the DateDif() function. It's undocumented, except in XL2k, so Chip Pearson has fully explained it in his web site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------...

Combination charts #8
I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - stacked area with a line superimposed but not stacked. Values of line and total stacked area will be of the same order of magnitude Debbie: I don't think you can do it in 007. Charts like this that I prepared in 003 and brought into 007 went bonkers. Even stacked column charts have problems with the non-stacked line. On Feb 12, 8:52 am, Debbie424242 <Debbie424...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - > stacked area with a l...

Pivot Chart update
I'm using Excel 2007. I created a simple 2 column pivot table and a pivot chart based on the table. When I change the filtering on the table the chart doesn't update to the new values like it is supposed to. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be turned on or what????? Hi Sharon I have a Pivot Chart in EXCEL 2007 on the screen in front of me. There isn’t a setting that needs to be turned on. In my PivotTable Field List I have two items selected:- MARKET Revenue Last Year I have another field:- REGION - turned off at the moment. I drag REGIO...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...

How can I create my own template for graphs for easy reuse?
I am finding the process to customise graphs much more time consuming in Excel 2007 and would like to set up my own style as such so that when I produce a graph I have all ready preset font, line width, colour schemes etc rather than having to go into each graph individually. Is this possible? Hi, Yes you can save as template. Chart Tools > Design > Type > Save As Template. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HA100072051033.aspx Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Bailey" <Bailey@discussions.micros...

How do I create a second "y" axis on the right?
Derrick, Create a simple line chart as an example with the following data: Ser1 Ser2 a 1 4 b 2 3 c 3 4 In the clart plot area, double-click on the series called "Ser2". It should be the higher line of the two series. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the option "Plot series on: Secondary axis". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Derrick" wrote: > This works great in Excel 1997-03, but how do you do this in Excel 2007? Lost_in_Houston "John Mansfield" wrote: > Derrick, > > ...

position of chart on page moves when outline expands
Hi, I have two charts I have made to the right of a budget table. The top chart is positioned near the top of the page, the second, a smaller summary chart is just under the first one. Problem is, the Budget table is an expandable outline that can expand by dozens of rows. When in expanded mode, the second chart moves way down off the visible page and is only viewable by scrolling, unless I collapse the outline again. The first chart is anchored at the top where little expansion takes place, thus little movement. Is there any way I can prevent this second chart from moving down when ...

Can I create OutlookTEST.pst?
Am using Outlook XP (aka Outlook 2002) On WinXP PC. Wanted to experiment with lots of importing, exporting, etc....but not on my REAL data. How easy is it to create a standalone test file (extracted from what I have now), like something named OutlookTEST.pst, open it, experiment, then put it aside or delete it, especially if it gets corrupted. I must be doing something wrong, because last time I created and opened a "secondary" file like this, the main Outlook.pst stayed opened also...meaning I couldn't close it...and worse it had the same name...all of that that opens up the ...

Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart
I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table. I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc. What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is grouped by day, or week, or mont...

APIs to create new folders under Start-All Programs ?
Hi: Is there SDK APIs to create new folders and put application links inside the groups under the Start-All Programs menu? Thanks in Advance. Polaris How about CreateDirectory()? "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OvItfufdEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Is there SDK APIs to create new folders... Thanks. But the new directoy created will not shown under Start-All Programs menu. I like to create a new folder under Start - All Programs for my applications. "David Crow [MCSD]" <david.no.spam.crow@pbsnow.no.spam.com>...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...