How do I copy a graph and use the data in the new worksheet?

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select all
the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the data is
in the same place in each worksheet?

Copy the sheet with the chart. The chart points to the new sheet's data.
Copy a new set of data, and paste it over the data that the chart is
pointing to, and the chart will update.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Brendanluc" <Brendanluc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
> want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
> worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
> all
> the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the data
> is
> in the same place in each worksheet?

That works great!  Thanks.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Copy the sheet with the chart. The chart points to the new sheet's data.
> Copy a new set of data, and paste it over the data that the chart is
> pointing to, and the chart will update.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> "Brendanluc" <Brendanluc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
> > want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
> > worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
> > all
> > the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the data
> > is
> > in the same place in each worksheet?

Hi

i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and paste as
normal

"Brendanluc" wrote:

> I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
> want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
> worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select all
> the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the data is
> in the same place in each worksheet?
0
Ladybug (9)
11/20/2005 1:53:02 PM
Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart, which is
tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.

I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to redefine
the chart's links.

- Jon
-------

"LADYBUG" <LADYBUG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and paste as
> normal
>

> "Brendanluc" wrote:
>
>> I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
>> want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
>> worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
>> all
>> the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the
>> data is
>> in the same place in each worksheet?

Jon,

For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet with
embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not the
copy.

Helge

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart, which is
> tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.
>
> I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to redefine
> the chart's links.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> "LADYBUG" <LADYBUG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and paste as
> > normal
> >

> > "Brendanluc" wrote:
> >
> >> I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format.  I
> >> want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that
> >> worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select
> >> all
> >> the data in each worksheet.  Is there a way to do this as long as the
> >> data is
> >> in the same place in each worksheet?

0
Helge (3)
8/10/2006 10:19:02 AM
What version of Excel? The 2007 Beta doesn't do this correctly yet. If it's
not the Beta, then we don't know enough about the issue you're having.

- Jon
-------

"Helge" <Helge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jon,
>
> For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet with
> embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not the
> copy.
>
> Helge
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart, which
>> is
>> tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.
>>
>> I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to
>> redefine
>> the chart's links.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Peltier Technical Services
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com/
>> _______
>>

>> "LADYBUG" <LADYBUG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and paste
>> > as
>> > normal

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/11/2006 1:48:21 PM
I have the same problem now that I have Excell 2007.  I can't copy a
worksheet with a graph and have the new sheet use the data on the new sheet
for the graph.  When will there be a fix for this problem?  Thanks   Carl Gray

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> What version of Excel? The 2007 Beta doesn't do this correctly yet. If it's
> not the Beta, then we don't know enough about the issue you're having.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "Helge" <Helge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jon,
> >
> > For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet with
> > embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not the
> > copy.
> >
> > Helge
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart, which
> >> is
> >> tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.
> >>
> >> I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to
> >> redefine
> >> the chart's links.
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Peltier Technical Services
> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> http://PeltierTech.com/
> >> _______
> >>

> >> "LADYBUG" <LADYBUG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
cbanditos (1)
5/14/2007 2:07:02 PM
I have experienced this problem in some circumstances, but when asked about
it this morning I could not reproduce the error.

Stay tuned.

- Jon
-------

"cbanditos" <cbanditos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem now that I have Excell 2007.  I can't copy a
> worksheet with a graph and have the new sheet use the data on the new
> sheet
> for the graph.  When will there be a fix for this problem?  Thanks   Carl
> Gray
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> What version of Excel? The 2007 Beta doesn't do this correctly yet. If
>> it's
>> not the Beta, then we don't know enough about the issue you're having.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "Helge" <Helge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Jon,
>> >
>> > For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet
>> > with
>> > embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not
>> > the
>> > copy.
>> >
>> > Helge

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/14/2007 5:35:00 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing, and copying the sheet works fine for most
of the charts, but I'm having problems with some. The problem occurs with
some filled in radar charts. They have only one series in the original chart
plus axis labels. However, once the sheet is copied, the charts have two
series with the axis labels as the other series (and not as axis labels). How
do I stop excel from confusing axis labels with data points? Is is because
the labels are numbers? (The labels span 0-360 as they signify degrees in a
circle) It's really annoying because I have 30 of these charts on each sheet,
so changing each one individually would be a really boring task.

Thanks

Asa

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> I have experienced this problem in some circumstances, but when asked about
> it this morning I could not reproduce the error.
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "cbanditos" <cbanditos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem now that I have Excell 2007.  I can't copy a
> > worksheet with a graph and have the new sheet use the data on the new
> > sheet
> > for the graph.  When will there be a fix for this problem?  Thanks   Carl
> > Gray
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Excel? The 2007 Beta doesn't do this correctly yet. If
> >> it's
> >> not the Beta, then we don't know enough about the issue you're having.
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> http://PeltierTech.com
> >> _______
> >>

> >> "Helge" <Helge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet
I have a master sheet with all the sales information that my company tracks. I would like to create seperate sheets for each sales rep. I have all their initials listed under one column. Can I take each row and put the information onto another sheet based on what I put into the initials colum? exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet Hi Clark see responses in Excel.worksheet.functions NG Frank Clark Haddock wrote: > I have a master sheet with all the sales information that > my company tracks. I would like to create seperate > sheets for each sa...

Check for new email and send an alarm if the email did not arrive
Hi All, Is there away is outlook (or by using a third party software) to check for new emails every 5 minutes and send an alram or email to someone if an email did not arrive in the right time. Thank you for your help. Fular Without custom code, I don't think it's possible to trigger something on the absence of something as opposed to the presence of something. <falbazaz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140739354.436730.241060@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Is there away is outlook (or by using a third party software) to check > for new emails ...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Icon not set using MFC AppWizard
I create an application called "Test" with the MFC AppWizard. I uncheck "document/view architecture" in the wizard dialog. After the wizard generates my source files, I immediately compile. Although it created Test.ico in my resources, it does not show up in the upper left corner of my main application window. Does anyone know why? If I go through the above steps and select "document/view architecture", then it works as expected. What is the difference? Did you associate test.ico with the resource ID IDR_MAINFRAME? Did you draw both the 32x32 and 16x16 ve...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

using "voice" in Win 7 w/ Win 2008 R2
I have a script that I run during logon and a different one at logoff. the drive mapping part of the script works just fine. But the voice part doesn't. Now, If I copy the script from the network and run it locally, it'll run the voice part. Any ideas? I've removed the drive mapping for security purposes. Dim WSHNetwork Set WSHNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") 'Grab the user name UserString = WSHNetwork.UserName 'Speech add on (make your pc say hello to you) '-------------------------------------------- Dim HourNow, Gre...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

Charting software: what does The Economist use?
Any clue of what software the people at The Economist uses to create charts? I=92m wondering whether there is some software out there better than MS Excel that would give better control without the onerous workarounds. You can do pretty well with Excel, and the "onerous" workarounds aren't too bad once you've become familiar with them. They are generally a bit more onerous in 2007. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/30/magazine-quality-chart-economist/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

How to group all data from 1 column into several columns (Redo)
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, Company Names and Event. The Event column values are Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4 and the company names repeat for each of the events that they attended. So sometimes I might have a company listed 4 times with each Event corresponding to it in the next column. How can I consolidate all of the company names so that there is 1 row for each company and all events are on the same row but in different columns marked with an x (the column labels will be Company name, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4). This is what I have... Company Name...

Copy and Paste the transactions between accounts
Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to another account to split one transaction to two different accounts easily? Because I run two business with me and want to split one expence in order to assign under the different company names. Thank you in advance for the kind reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to >another account to split one transaction to two different >accounts easily? >Because I run two business with me and want to split one >expence in order to assign under the different company >nam...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Many to Many Data Entry
Hi all, This is a doozy of a problem, using a form to join many to many fields, so thanks if you're up for checking it out! I have two tables that are linked with a many to many relationship using a third table. TblZones (with fields ZoneNo(primary key, autonumber), ZoneMo, Zone Description, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDevices (with fields DeviceNo (primary key, autonumber), DeviceType, Location, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDeviceZoning (With fields ID (primary key, autonumber), DeviceNo, and ZoneNo) A device may only be assigned to a zone that shares the same customer number...

Data sheet populating into multiple sheets
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific sheets. For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet. I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that row and pull that information over to sheet Y. One respon...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...