How do I combine two worksheets into one graph

I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both
worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions?

Make a chart with data from one sheet. Then copy the data on the other sheet, select
the chart, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to add the copied data as New
Series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

McPowerUser wrote:

> I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both
> worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions?

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Combiner Tools in PSTL
hello there, our company wanted to delete customers/vendors/items in GP however we realized that we cannot delete them as there is history against these records. We decided to create a temp/dummy record for each (i.e. dummy customer, vendor, item) and combine those records per module we wanted to initially deleted into these dummy records using the combiner tools. Has anyone done this before and is there any issues with doing it this way? i also think the item combiner tools has some rules to be met before certain items can be combined, is this documented anywhere so we can check as there s...

Changing to Combination-chart from existing chart
I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the same chart. How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform them to bars? Regards Jan Hi Jan, Right click a line series that you wish to change. From the popup menu select Chart type and pick bar. Cheers Andy Jan wrote: > I have made a Line-chart containing 8 different series. I > now want to change 2 of the series to Bars, but in the > same chart. > > How do I proceed to pick the wanted series and transform > them to bars? > > Reg...

Permutation and combination
I have 20,000 data in excel. If I add some numbers I will get sum 694,569. It’s very difficult to find out in such a big sheet. Is there any formula/Macro to know those numbers? This is permutation and combination related. regards vishu when you say 'add some numbers' do you mean like with a sum if??? example your numbers are ( 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ) BUT you only want to add ( 3,4,5,8,9 ) so your total is 29 and you want to know what numbers were added?? If this is correct, Make a pivot table. it can group the numbers how you want to add them, then if you double click a ...

How can I combine data from a list?
For example: suppose I had a very simple list, with two columns: "Name" and "Number". The category "name" has three items: Dog, Cat, and Dog. Each of those three items has a corresponding "number" value: 3, 4, and 5. I'm trying to find a function that would recognize the fact that I have "Dog" listed twice, and would sum the 3 & 5 values listed next to each "Dog", leaving me with a two-item list: Dog, 8 & Cat, 4. Is there a way to do this? A Pivot Table will do that nicely for you: Set the Name as a ROW and the ...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Excel2000: Strange behaviour for one cell in workbook
Hi The situation: There is a Excel workbook used for registering working time in firm departments, created earlier. The worksheets are protected, and I don't have the password, as author isn't working here anymore. The workbook is stored as read-only on network resource, and monthly every department is copying it to local computer and filling the table. The table's body has 2 rows data for every employee with 31 columns for month's dates, and several protected summary columns. For every date, working hours or some code string is entered into according cell. One of codes, and ...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Two different cells
I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that? Please help too many names to re-type Carlos Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last name... =A1&" "&B1 OR =B1&", "&A1 ....depending on your preference. Hope this helps! In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>, "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Help Locking Worksheet
I inherited a workbook that has several sheets, have gone thru and mad changes and now when I lock it I cannot go from the last table cell o the first row to the second row. Tabbing will just continue you out o the same row. I want to be on cell BD3, hit tab and go to C5. Does the fact that I have the to & leftmost cells frozen have anythin to do with this? How can I fix it -- jlabshe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlabsher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

how do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel
yet allow users to select values in a defined range Good evening kensanjose You really need to supply more information about what you mean - cop the file/sheets/ranges etc Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38531 How do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel? Can I disable right click within a file so that the sheet cannot be copied into another file and manipula...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

get speed between device incorrect in Win7 with two controller
when I debug a 1394B image device driver on windows 7 x64, I found the result of REQUEST_GET_SPEED_BETWEEN_DEVICES requesting incorrect sometimes, I have two controller, one 1394B (TI's PCIE chip), one is 1394A, my image device run at S800, and connected on 1394B port. I want to get the speed between device and host is 8 (S800), but sometimes I got 4 when I power on my device with cable had connected. Is there a bug of windows 7 1394 bus stack? thanks for any helps. -- Steven ...

Combining two types of functions. Select Query and DLookup
I would like to write a code that performs the following action: 1. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is 19912 2. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and comboBox National Site ID 3. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is not 19912 4. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and a DLookup () on comboBox National Site ID I tried the code below but it's not working. Any ideas on how to do this? If Me.cmbProjectNumber.Value="19912" then cmbNationalSiteID.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT [National Site ID] FROM [InScope Table] WHERE [Proje...

Merging Workbooks to One File
Hello everyone - I have 57 csv files that I would like to merge into one Excel workbook. Each file has only one worksheet (tab). While there are no column headers, the columns for each file are identical to one another. Copy/Paste manually would do it, but it would seem to me that there would be a marcro available to accomplish this in an automated way. All files currently reside in one directory. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Rich Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Palarea wrote: > Hello everyone - > > I have 57 csv ...