How do I chart contours in Excel 2007?

I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
Thank you

EXCEL 2007

Try a Surface Chart.

To set one up:-

Hit the F1 Help Facility Key

In the Browse Excel Help section click on Charts

Next click on Chart types

Next click on Present your data in a surface chart

There are detailed instructions in here as to how to set one up.

"tpmbrian" wrote:

> I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
> with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
> Thank you
Don't get your hopes up, Excel's contour/surface charts are not very
sophisticated. The long and lat are categorical, not numeric, and the
algorithms that generate contours is rudimentary.

I've written about these charts in details:

Contour and Surface Charts in Excel 2007
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/contour-and-surface-charts-in-excel-2007/

Surface and Contour Charts in Microsoft Excel
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=447

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 3/3/2010 10:29 AM, tpmbrian wrote:
> I have some geophysical data I want to chart. How can I generate contours, or
> with the surface chart, how can I change the values for the coloured bands?
> Thank you
0
Jon

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

number rounding in MS Excel

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Excel Template for recording Blood Pressure readings?
Does anyone know of a template/chart for recording blood pressure readings over say 4 weeks that can show graphically (with superimposition of sheets if necessary) the daily variances along with pulse rates and any significant details that may have a bering on the current readings. Put the data of interest (date, systolic pressure, diastolic pressure, pulse, whatever else of interest) in individual columns. Select any cell in the range of cells containing data. Click the Chart Wizard button; select a line chart -- or some other chart if it has greater appeal for you. -- Regards, Tu...

printing imported gif files in Excel

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

ExCel programming

compact database in VBA access 2007

Importing Contacts from Word via Excel, Outlook 2003
I have a list of names and phone numbers in a Word document. I need to get this list into my Contacts but in a new category. I've put the list into an Excel document - is there any formatting I should do first, can I specify the category as the import is done, and what format should I save the file in? Thanks "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OKrilQ7OHHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a list of names and phone numbers in a Word document. I need to get >this list into my Contacts but in a new category. > I've put the list...