How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.

I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to
figure out how to change the category axis number formatting.  Currently, the
dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like
to change this to something shorter like 1/01.  I changed the formatting of
the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of
these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting.  When I right click on the
category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do
for the value axis however).
0
Cultcab (4)

Chart Formatting Change
Why does chart formatting (font color, size) in 2007 change when the file is re-opened? (It looked correct when I saved and closed the file.) The changes are relatively random, sometimes occurring on only some of the graphs but sometimes on all of the graphs, and will happen when I open the file this morning but not when I open the file later in the afternoon. I have this same problem and came looking for an answer. Since I haven't found one, I'm going to use a marco that changes it back to my colors upon opening the excel file. If anyone out there has an easier way. I'd l...

list of standard categories
Is there an available written list of the MS standard categories/sub categories that are populated when one clicks "restore standard categories" under the tool-->options menu? Along these lines, has this list of standard categories/sub categories changed from, let's say, version 2000 forward? Thanks, Bob Answer to Q1: not that I'm aware of. Create a new file. That'll tell you. Q2: M2K-M04 didn't change the list to my knowledge. M05 changed the list significantly--eliminating many subcategories. M05 also changed at least two categories that might be in upgrade ...

Create separate pivot chart for each filter
In Excel, Pivot Charts - When filtering in a pivot table, how do you create a separate chart for each filtered set of data? As it is now, the chart updates when you change the filter criteria. There's not a way to do this from what I know. You would need to create a separate pivot table and pivot chart for each filter/view. If you don't need to keep your pivot chart updating with the pivot table and just want a few "snapshots", you could filter the pivot table the way you want, then copy and paste the chart to a new workbook to "unlink" the chart from the pi...

Broken Y Axis in Line Chart
Is it possible to create the broken Y-Axis on a Line Chart? A logarithmic axis is not appropriate form my data and I do not want to create a secondary axis (confusing for the reader). I have looked at the methods described by Jon Peltier, Andy Pope, and Tushar Mehta and (if I understand them correctly) they work for column charts and scatter plots respectively. I understand these techniques but my data is categorical (months on X-axis) and numerical on the Y-axis. A column chart is an option but does not convey the temporal trends ant I wish to illustrate. Any and all advice ap...

How to change the CButton back color?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I want to change a CButton background color to AQUA color. How to do this? Thank you very much. "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E936C20-E98E-4751-A6C1-8500BEC7A40B@microsoft.com... >I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. > > I want to change a CButton background color to AQUA color. > > How to do this? > > Thank you very much. Derive class class CMyButton: public CButton { }; and override OnEraseBkgnd(). In that function call CDC:: FillSolidRect() with the AQUA color . The rect should be the one ret...

Changing Outlooks Look
Items 1. I want to change the way the day look looks. I want to divide it into 5 columns, and give each column a heading. Is this possible? 2. If I add an appointment to the same day i.e. I have an appointment from 8am to 12pm then another at 1pm to 5pm, the second appoinment shows up next to the first, I want to set it up to showup under the first. Is this possilbe? Any direction on these topics would be helpful, Thanks all. It is not possible as the views are hard-coded. If you use the Customize Current View option, you can see if any other view will suit your requirements. --� Mill...

how to *not change* the size of an ownerdrawn combobox.
hi group;-) following problem (mfc; vc++ 6.0): when i draw a dialog and put 2 comboboxes in it (one of them ownerdrawn) then the ownerdrawns edit-box is a little bit higher. I can change its height with SetItemHeight(-1, nNewHeight) but i dont want to change it to any "magic number"; i want to change it to the original value - that height the box would have if it wasnt flagged ownerdrawn. how do i get this? is there any fn i can use that is called before the ctrl is resized? On Sep 3, 8:36=A0am, ".rhavin grobert" <cl...@yahoo.de> wrote: > hi group;-) > > ...

use replace command to change the contents of formulas
Can the "edit replace" command be used to replace text contained within formula's. I have a worksheet with many many rows of formulas all of which are linked to another worksheet. All of the formula's look something like: =OFFSET(gl0910admin!$A$1,MATCH(4500411,gl0910admin!$A$2:$A$2000,0),7) I want use an edit replace to reporduce the entire set of formulas but change the worksheet source name. (the word admin would change to sales) Thank you. Yes you can -- _______________________ Naz, London "Jordan" wrote: > Can the "edit replace" comma...

X Axis only showing label from a range
I'm trying to create a simple column chart. I'm selecting the range E8:E11 for the X axis category labels in the wizard, but the resulting chart only displays the text from E8 on the axis. The four columns display ok. Can anyone help? On step two or four in the Wizard, look at the very bottom of the dialog box. Make sure your X Axis data is entered into the input box titled "Category (X) Axis Labels". -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "JDB" wrote: > I'm trying to create a simple column chart. I'm selecting the range E8:E11 > for t...

Maximum Number of Sheets
May I know is there a maximum number of sheets for Excel -- marsulei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marsulein's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56773 Default maximum number in a new workbook is 255. You can add more if you have the resources. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:33:36 -0400, marsulein <marsulein.2by30j_1154576110.0349@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >May I know is there a maximum number of ...

GP 7.5 a unique receipt number couldn't be assigned error
I'm getting a "a unique receipt number couldn't be assigned. Check the next number feild in Purchase Order Processing Setup Window" in Receiving Transaction Entry. Thank you. Don Don, Have you checked the next Receipt number on the Purchase Order Processing Setup Window? (Setup > Purchasing > Purchase Order Processing) What is it? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "dbloshuk@hotmail.com" <dbloshukhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How can I increse the number of rows?
Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. Thanks. Use quattro pro. -- Gary''s Student "Miguel Arenas" wrote: > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. No. Sorry. Use multiple worksheets. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Miguel Arenas" <MiguelArenas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FED374-C997-45B6-BA4B-FF854194264C@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. Then you need to use more sheets, or consider another application...

How do I keep file sizes small when using multiple pivot tables?
I have a large spreadsheet of data (around 16mb) and I need to do lots of pivot tables from that data. I have moved the pivot tables to a seperate workbook but the file size is nearly 100MB and this makes it pretty unusable. Is there any way to compress data in the pivot tables so you can still see the data but keep the files small? Cheers for any help Hi Jester, What I recommend is that you set up one table, and base the rest of the tables on that one table - this minimises the number of tables caching data. Alternatively, you could send the data out, and automate the creation of the...

Problem with frame formatting
I have a resume template that contains a frame on the first page. When trying to apply a style to the text within the frame, the text within the frame loses its positioning, i.e. it can end up anywhere on the page, or the whole text within the frame ends up jumbled. (The style I'm trying to apply does have the frame defined). The frame is defined with a left side vertical border. By recreating the template from scratch, I thought I had gotten rid of the problem, but if I copy and paste that frame into another document, the problem reappears. I don't know if this all...

How do I change the Labels at the top of each column back to lett.
Hi Kenneth! In Excel, select Options from the Tools menu. Then uncheck the option "R1C1 reference style" in the General tab Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Kenneth" <Kenneth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B56510-B4B7-46F9-AB06-FC023F371615@microsoft.com... > ...

Money Plus downloaded check numbers
When Money Plus downloads check transactions from FNB, sometimes the check number gets replaced. This happens when the payee processes it as a substitute check so it shows the number as, e.g., "Substitute check 2024" but the length of the field seems to be limited to 12 characters (substitute c). Is it possible to customize the download process to ignore lettrs in the number field or to selectively ignore some items? What generally happens is I record some checks when ahead of time to make sure I don't forget they are out there, then the download wipes out the number, th...

How to do a conditional format for multi cells
Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>. A big Thank You for all the help. dave Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference. Pete Hi Pete, This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$...

Number formats in Excel
Hello all, I am working on a spreadsheet that list uniform sizes for personnel in the company. In one cell I have the Short Sleeve Shirt size, say 16-16 1/2. I want the 1/2 superscripted (just looks better this way) I have figured out that if I use ##-## ?/2 and I type 1616.5 it will give me the format that I want, however I have not been able to figure out the superscript of the 1/2, I tried to put [superscript] in front of the ?/2 and it would not accept it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Ok, I figured out an easier way to do this by using the COUNTA function. That way I don't ha...

OWA
When I tried to change password via OWA (exchange 2003) it pops out a window and says The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. what could be the problem?? "Jon Tay" <jontay@post1.com> wrote: >When I tried to change password via OWA (exchange 2003) it pops out a window >and says > > The page cannot be displayed > The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site >mi...

Change of name
We have a user that has just had a surname change - I used the 'rename' facility in Active Directory and changed her login, account name, and email address. Her new surname now appears everywhere - in GAL and her default email address has the new surname in it. We have however noticed that when she creates meetings in her boss' calendar (she is his delegate) using the meeting scheduler, when she receives the invitation accepted/declined emails from the recipients in her inbox, they show her old name in the 'To' box. Where is that being picked up from as her ...

select cell based on a number in another cell
This is what I want to do I have a cell A1 with the number 40 In another cell I want to use the number 40 to select a cell, something like: =B40+234 Where 40 in B40 is the number typed in A1. how do i do this please? Try this: =INDEX(B:B,A1)+234 -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== <jon.berg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133883789.555648.81840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... This is what I want to do I have a cell A1 with ...

Number of DPC-Objects allowed in wait queue ?
I started device driver development with help of (maybe) outdated book of art baker (et.al.) "Windows 2000 Device Driver Development" (2001). I think the basics remain still valid for WDM. But I wonder if the following is still true for newer Windows versions (WinXP, Vista, Win7): "[...] there is only a single instance of a DPC-object allowed in the wait queue that refers to the same function. The statement is correct. You can have as many DPC objects you want in a queue, but each object may only be have a single instance in the queue. Or to put it another way,...

Bills>Estimate amount based on last X number of instances
Can someone tell me what history of instances the X refers to? The last X paid to the exact same payee? Or the last X paid with the exact same scheduled bill? I set up my credit card payment as scheduled, estimated over last 12. When I first schedule it, I have to value it manually. It does not update automatically. Later, and I'm not sure if it's the first startup of the day, or the first online update of the date, Money changes the amount to $0. The history paid to that payee is definitely not $0, but the history as paid with that bill may be, because I just rebuilt the file ...

Too Many Cell Formats. Any Hot Tips?
I've been struggling with the Too Many Cell Formats error message on and off for months. Eliminating all but about 8 custom formats helped. Eliminating borders and shading, using only Tahoma 10 and default alignment settings in all hidden sheets helped. But Excel teases, it lets us think that we're getting it, then it pops its ugly head up again. Does anyone have any hot tips on how to tame this incedious beast? Perhaps a software program. A book. Some do's and don'ts. During my last attempt only about 100 cells reformatted (to an identical format) before the message ap...

changing date on Money
Somehow, my Money has gotten sent to next month, and all my bills are showing up as past-due. My calendar tells me it is already August, and I can't figure out how to change it back to July. Anybody know? Check your system date. That's where Money gets its date. "manninglou" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0501c46e86$379967d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Somehow, my Money has gotten sent to next month, and all > my bills are showing up as past-due. My calendar tells > me it is already August, and I can't figure out how to >...