How do I change one point in a scatter chart color

I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example
Person    Score     Age     time
A            25          20      1
B            20          14       1.5
C            22          22      0.75
D            23          23      1.25

I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is
less than 1.  Any help would be appreciated
0
Ed4190 (308)

Hi,

The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that
need a different colour.

Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula
to E2 and drag down to E5.

=IF(D2<1,C2,NA())

Now add the series E2:E5 to the chart and format the series as required.

For more information in conditional charts have a look here.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
mstickma (2)

Need help with ListCtrl after font change
Hi Folks, I'd appreciate any advice.... my project is actually done in WTL, but I thought the MFC group would be a good place to start. I have a ListCtrl in report view which I am doing custom drawing and stuff but otherwise nothing special. Recently I added the ability for the user to configure the fonts on the fly for the ListCtrl, menus, statusbar, etc. When I change the font in the ListCtrl, if I am scrolled to the top so that the first item is visible, all is fine. If, however, I'm scrolled down so that the first item in the list is not visible, the ListCtrl seems to lose tra...

Sales Cycle Flow Chart
I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can anyone send me the link that shows the entire sales cycle flow chart? I found some really nice graphics for this in the eLearning section of PartnerSource. If you do the Online eLearning, you can download the lessons for offline viewing, then save the images in the lessons. If memory serves, you'll find all sorts of great stuff in the MSCRM 3.0 - Application lessons. "Troy" wrote: > I've looked but have only found pieces of the sales cycle flow chart. Can > anyone send me the link tha...

Unruly chart
I am charting monthly call volumes in a line graph in which I have 7 series (a different line of business). Each series takes 12 cells of data, corresponding to each month of the year, which I have in a different worksheet. Usually I can hit Control and individually click the different cells so that they are all included in the Values, but for some reason this time, I get to the 10th month and it won't let me click on the cell. I click one more time and it starts me over, erasing the previous 9 cells that I have clicked on. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it? ...

XL97 changes filenames upon open
Hi All........... Just started today...........when I open any .xls file, either C drive or network, by doubleclicking in WinExplorer, the name of the file is changed by XL adding a 1 to the end of the filename.............then won't "SAVE" back to where I got the file from, wants to "SAVE AS" in MyDocuments with the new filename............. If I open the same files by rightclick-open in WinExplorer they open normally.............if I open XL first, the same files open ok also.......... AutoCAD and WORD files still open ok by double-clicking. This a couple of...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

xy scatter line goes below zero
The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a very steep increase, the line that connects them assumes that there is a dip into negative values before the increase when this is not actually the case. Hi, Have you got the Smooth line option ticked? Cheers Andy jon7 wrote: > The line drawn in my xy scatter chart goes below zero of the y-axis, is there > any way I can stop this? My first 3 points are all zero and then there is a > very steep increase, the line that connect...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Logging on to more than one HQ Database
Hi, we have several shops accross Europe where each country is using a separate Database in RMS. To connect with the HQ I created a small batchfile that imports the registry keys for the database the user has chosen into the registry and then starts the HQ Manager. That works fine right now because we are using 1.0 where the reg-keys are always the same. In 1.3 (which we will be upgrading to shortly) things are a bit different. Here the Connection Details are encrypted and are therefore from machine to machine. That means I cannot include the registry-keys in the installation routine be...

Editing a Visio drawing in Power Point sent via email?
I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in a Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Professional 2003. Thanks. is it really embedded (then of course where is the vsd file that it is related too)? Of course the flow chart addons are incompatible anyway. al "jim@techheat" <jim@techheat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B248240-4DF1-43C3-A2B3-881381462F09@microsoft.com... >I am trying to edit a flow-chart created using Visio 2000 and sent to me in >a > Power Point document, via email. I am using Visio Pro...

backup ISP with one exchange server
we have one exchange 2003 server and we use a External ISP T1 connection and the ISP DNS which has the MX record. 10 email.domain.org (First ISP IP address for the email server) 20 email2.domain.org (second ISP IP address for the email server) We have a backup ISP connection that stays idle. when we switch over to the backup ISP connection (because the first is down) we cannot get the incoming email in. Outgoing works fine. How can we get the incoming email to route to the one exchange server with either ISP? On 18 Jan 2007 18:06:16 -0800, "zakmanx" <lskw360@sbcglobal.net&g...

Sizing Data Tables on a chart
When I have a data table attached to a chart and size the chart, the data table does not size proportionately ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Small problem with a line chart
Hi I have a smal problem with a line chart. The chart shows progress of my teams league points over a season, the data is derived from a series of rows which I fill in after a game. In the data, I am using COUNTBLANK to have a blank cell until the row contains data EG =IF(COUNTBLANK(P53:Y53)>0,"",((P53+U53)*3)+Q53+V53) The problem is that the data series assumes unfilled rows (IE the future unplayed games) are zero, so there is a line that connects from the top of my line down to the zero on my X axis. I would just like the line to stop at the last value. Can anyone suggest a w...

Q: Charting with two variables on the Y-axis
Using Excel 2000: Hey all, I have two tables and want a line graph based on one row, but with the values of another row: Votes: ------ Region1: 10, 10, 15 Total: 50, 60, 100 Satisfaction Rates: ------------------- Region1: 60%, 80%, 45% Overall: 50%, 90%, 50% I want a line graph that compares the satisfaction rates of region 1 vs. overall (ie, it will show two lines, one for region1, one for overall). That's pretty straightforward. However, what I also want is, for Region1, to show the vote counts as values above (or below) the datapoints for the region 1 line. Can this be ...

Excel Pivot tables and charts
How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? Hi, Loss of chart formatting wwith regards to pivot charts is a know problem, which requires VBA to re apply recorded formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (Q215904) <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 > Cheers Andy Pauleze wrote: > How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) > after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP...

Move back/forward to previous edit point
Is there a key-combination to move back to a statement I was previously on, even if I didn't set it up as a bookmark? I use bookmarks when I know I'm going to go back to that statement many times. But in most instances I'm just moving along doing things, when I'd like to go back to the statement I just came from (or one even before that). Is there a "go back" or "go forward" key combination for non-bookmarked edit points? ("Undo" doesn't do what I want.) Thanks Most will suggest the 'Navigate Back' or 'Navigate ...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...

How to freeze one column vertically, one horizontal in same sprdsh
Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same spreadsheet? Do you mean other than Row 1 and Column 1? If that is what you meant, then the answer is "no". -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "sweaver" <sweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D0A612-C384-4EC7-8553-A8CEC509AFC1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the > same > spreadsheet? What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you want frozen. Find that inter...

Price level change
hey everyone, Is there anyway i change customer pricelevel in status.html. i know we can do it in POS by selecting discount but i know most of the time my cashiers would forget to do it so i am trying to change it in Status.html. thanks for your help, shoby ...

One query to multiple databases
Hello, I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are not. Several times, every day, I run the same query on each of them, and then I combine all the results I get from each base. Is there anyway that I can do this automatically? Use a UNION query. -- Build a little, test a little. "bvdahl" wrote: > Hello, > > I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc > connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are...

Changing label caption temporarily
Hi I am updating a table through form.In the form written a procedure for On Click event of Label.It works fine for updation.In event proc i have put a macro(Action : Transfer Text ) with InputBox for getting date portion of the table name ie.Indices Watch - BSESMLCAP-18dec07 So i am getting 18dec07 as a input.Now this input i want to put as a label name.This change should be temporary as permanent change will alter my On Click event procedure as i am using original caption name of the label. regds, prasanna -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Foru...

How are other doing Daylight Saving Change 2 week sooner for RMS?
How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing two weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? Ed I thought RMS ran off the system clock. I've just let automatic updates install the patch for the system clock in Windows. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB90858D-0E7F-43FE-9495-E7B4386D99EC@microsoft.com... > How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing > two > weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? > > Ed ...