how do I change cell references automatically in formulas

In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns.  Each week I add a new
row.  I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the
first row to the last..  Each week I have to change the data range to reflect
the new last row for each chart.  Is there someway I can do this
automatically?
0
jnw3 (1)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns.  Each week I add a
> new
> row.  I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the
> first row to the last..  Each week I have to change the data range to
> reflect
> the new last row for each chart.  Is there someway I can do this
> automatically?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Solving a formula
I have the following formula that I need Excel to solve for different values of P6 ( I have different values of P6 (P7, P8, P9 (reference cells)). I need the value of x for the different values of P6. Is this possible? It seems like it should be but I can't find out how to make Excel do this. Please help! Thanks. 70000 = P6*((((x/80)*(1/5280))*(2/3))+(((x/40)*(1/5280))*(1/3))) If I am not mistaken, x equals: = 22176000000 / P6 HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "Anth" <Anth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6196C6C5-FC82-42E2-B6A1-B2...

change the text in the legend of a chart w/o changing pivot text
I am trying to create a series of pie charts that compares demographic data for clients assisted with multiple housing-related activities (new homebuyer, rehab, foreclosure prevention, etc.) If I want to look at the age of new homebuyers, on my pivot table I deselect all activities except new homebuyer. After I make my pie chart, in the legend the labels are "new homebuyer 18-24", "new homebuyer 25-34", etc. It's pretty self-explanatory that these are all "new homebuyers". I need for the New Homebuyer part to not be shown in the legend, but I can...

Changing Function to use a Date Input
Hi. can anyone please advise me on how to change the function keys.. sa F10, F11 & F12 to use to input a date into a cell. EG. F10 to be 01/01/04 F11 to be 02/01/04 F12 to be 03/01/04 What I require is to go to any cell and press the relevant function ke to Input the associated date Any help would be greatly appreciate Many thank Rob PS using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, I'm not sure if you entered Jan 1, 2004, Feb 1, 2004, and Mar 1, 2004 or Jan 1st-3rd, 2004. Here are a couple of macros. The first turns this on, the second turns it...

Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?
Example: Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow. Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional format...

Count "," in a cell
Dear expert, Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? I used this ... but does not work =COUNTIF(FO93,",") Say below ... can it be solved? 2,5,3 22,25,5 5,2,3,4 Try this… =LEN(FO93)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(FO93,",","")) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Elton Law" wrote: > Dear expert, > > Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? > > I used this ... but does not work > > =COUNTIF(FO93,",&qu...

Changing Default DURATION value of 30 min. in activities
Is there a way to change the 30 min. default value in activity types? Even if through the database? Thanks, Oliver The Duration field is represented as a picklist on the activity form. Picklist values can usually be customised through the CRM user interface which would allow you to change the default and add additional values. However, at present the CRM Activity form is not customisable through any supported method. Maybe in a future release. ...

How to get info filled in automatically
I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person. An example of what I am looking to do: In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all employee's names. Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their radio ID #. I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name in the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that employees' respective ID numbers? Hi Let's say you have a list of employees with their relevant numbers on Sheet2 in cells A2:Cxxx With your dropdown list in cell A2 of Sheet1, enter the followin...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

text to fit in cell
How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able to print the page with all of the words in the cell even if it has to make the cell larger, without going over into the next cell. How do I do this? Hi goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Wrap text' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DaveB wrote: > How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able > to print the page with all of the words in the cell even > if it has to make the cell larger, without going over > into the next cell. How do I do this? Dave Format>Cells>Alignm...

automatic makefile generation
Is there any support for automatic makefile generation for vs.net projects ? Apart from makefile projects which is of no use. Ashish Hello Ashish, Thanks for posting in the group. The Export Makefile option was removed in VS.NET because of problems people had it making this very simple function work correctly. (The problems related to the handling of the Tools|Options|Directories settings for include path and library path - those settings weren't included in the exported makefile, so the makefile would only work correctly with a correctly configured command-line build environment....

Totaling cells from separate worksheets to master form
If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it? Nelson Suppose those values are in F10 on one sheet and in G6 of the other sheet, then put this in the appropriate cell of your master sheet: =3DSheet1!F10 + Sheet2!G6 to add them both together. If your actual sheet names contain spaces you will need to include apostophes around the sheet name, like: =3D'First Sheet'!F10 + 'Second Sheet'!G6 Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 21, 10:31=A0pm, snake941 <snake...@discussions.micros...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

How do I change the user ID for a financial institution?
I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying to hack into my account and locking it. Where within Money 2006 can I change my user ID for a particular financial institution? I see where I can change the password for a financial institution, but not the user ID. Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying > to hack into my account and locking it. Where within Money 2006 can > I change my user ID for ...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

cells changing from number to date
I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/?? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com... > I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous > cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? ...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

FOrmula to work out pricing rounding up and down
I have a formula in cell that reads "=3DIF(C7>0,"FOC",-C7*1.175)" it turns a negative into a Positive and a Positive FIgure into answer of "FOC" Sometimes it will display a result of =A32 or =A35.50 or whatever the figure when the original answer is a negative. With me so far!! The result which is displayed as a number i need it to round up t the nearest 9.99. For example if c7 is =A34.00 display answer of 9.99 if c7 is =A311.00 display answer of 19.99 if c7 is =A328.43 display answer of 29.99 So no matter what the answer is it rounds up to the 9.99 answer...

formula = ADD whatever is not highlighted.
Hi. I have a workbook which I use as my monthly budget. I have tried other software made for that, but this is really what I like. As transactions go through, I "highlight" the cell, using a variety of colors. I would like 1 cell (presumably, one that would calculate, what is left to go through) to add only the cells that are not highlighted, in a certain range. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. These should help. Sub addnoncolor() mysum = 0 For Each c In [m1:m5] If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Then mysum = mysum + 1 Next MsgBox mysum End Sub Sub whatcolor() For Eac...

Dumb question... how to create a Enterprise Formula Custom Field
Guys, I'm writing because I've tried and search but can't get it ... From PWA I created a Project Custom Field "MyField" of type Text with the formula "Hello World", I tried with " and '. When I open a project the field returns #ERROR. I published to see if magic happens, but nothing. I did the same with type number and formula 10, same result. So In the end, I can't get any formula to work. What am I doing wrong ... I googled with no success. Perhaps try opening the project and hitting the F9 button to refresh calculations? Does ...

Problem
i all I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet, rename it and use it. All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with differ...

Empty cell in vlookup
hi, is there a way to have a vlookup see an empty cell and rather than filling it in with a 0 it could leave it blank? here's my vlookup formula =IF(A21="","",VLOOKUP(A21,'PN Source Code'!$A$1:$H$25,8,FALSE)) Thank you in advance for your help :) =IF(A21="","",if(VLOOKUP(A21,'PN Source Code'!$A$1:$H$25,8,FALSE)="","",VLOOKUP(A21,'PN Source Code'!$A$1:$H$25,8,FALSE))) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "confused" wrote: ...

How do I return to prior cell?
After I have traced a formula using Ctrl+[, what is the keyboard shortcut to return to the same cell where I traced the formula? Thank you! Press Ctrl+] Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "NYC18" wrote: > After I have traced a formula using Ctrl+[, what is the keyboard shortcut to > return to the same cell where I traced the formula? > > Thank you! Thank you, but I can only get Ctrl+] to work if all the referenced cells are within one worksheet. If I am writing formulas usi...

Unwelcome color changes
Any clues what went wrong here? I've been using a spreadsheet for about 2 years. It gets used almost everyday. Over time I've created perhaps 6 or 8 custom colors in the color palette. The sheet is all numbers and I have used color extensively to highlight various cells. Yesterday for the first time I created a new window while using this spreadsheet and had different workbook pages open in each one. I updated data in only one window. After a while I saved the file and exited, then backed it up. Today when I opened it I found these problems with the colors. First, all my custo...