How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.

The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data
point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas?
0
SOSCIENT (1)

Hi,

Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels.
This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples.

   Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
   John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Names Drop down list
I have version 2002 SP-2 Outlook. Also, under tools/options/email options/advanced email options, I have "suggest names while completing" and "automatic name checking" checked. I was recently moved from outlook express to Outlook. Now when I write a letter, when I start writing a name, nothing happens. When I start writing an email address, then I get a suggestion drop down list. , How do I get names to do that,. I had no problem in Outlook Express. ...

Table Changes
Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 It should be in the help menu. Gerald "Brian" wrote: > Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 > I have yet to install it.. I am trying to make sure that I have everything covered do to the fact we have numerous outside apps that talk to the backend of GP and want to prevent any possible headaches Gerald wrote: > It should be in the help menu. > > Gerald > > "Brian" wrote: > >> Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 >> Brian, What...

Logon to OWA without domain name
Is there a way to setup my OWA so that I can type just the username, instead of domain\username? "Tim Kowal" <tim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:gz2Dc.2397$pT3.482@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > Is there a way to setup my OWA so that I can type just the username, instead > of domain\username? You need to set the Default Authentication Domain (click the button next to 'Basic Authentication') for the 'Exchange' Virtual Directory in IIS Manager. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP: www.leederby...

Editing external data via ODBC
Hi, I'm in the process of transitioning an excel/access (2003) based solution to a web-based one. Right now, we have a dozen or so separate spreadsheets and a couple of access databases that get updated several times a day. I've managed to import most of the data into a mysql db which I've tried to normalize as much as possible. This will be the backend db for the webapp. I've set up an ODBC connection from excel to the db and it works like a charm; a few query tweaks and I can reproduce the data from all the separate spreadsheets. But now, how about going the other way? ...

What is the cell data reference for 5th row and 7th column called
Can someone help me with this question? I need to get the answer for my homework. Thanks for your help. I'm guessing, but might it be G5? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Shy-di@verizon.net" <Shy-di@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0979494-228B-435E-98F7-6BD26C900266@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me with this question? I nee...

Outlook Contact Names are Reversed
I have been using Outlook 2002 for two years. (I have used earlier versions for at least six additional years.) Now, for some unknown reason, Outlook reverses the order of names for new Contacts that I enter. For example, when I enter "John Smith" as my contact's name, Outlook lists "John, Smith" under File as. When I open the Check Full Name window, it lists "Smith" as the First Name and "John" as the Last Name. If I enter"John" as the First Name and "Smith" as the Last Name in Check Full Name, "Smith John" is list...

Contact Full Name Doesn't sort properly
I recently changed from "First Last" to "Last, First" in the system settings. I updated the ContactBase and the SysUser tables to take of of the existing records. I noticed when I type in a quick find search on the contacts it doesn't sort properly. It sorts by the last name, then the first name then about 1/2 way down, I notice there are some records out of alphabetical order. I double checked the Quick Find Query and the sort column is set to the full name. Not sure how/why it's not truly sorting on full name (yes, they are all active records) When you...

Cell Contains Data.
How can I tell a cell that IF a cell contains data (numbers, text, whatever) do x or y. How can I identify data?? I don't want to tell the function to look for a specific number or text, just data, just something in the cell... =IF(A1<>"","Data","No Data") "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07916799-F312-4E89-A926-59356B74ED89@microsoft.com... > How can I tell a cell that IF a cell contains data (numbers, text, > whatever) > do x or y. How can I identify data?? I don't want to tell the function ...

Data Validation
I have noticed the "Ignore blank" check box in my Data Validation window (XL2003), but i cannot figure out what it does. Nor can i find an answer in the Help files. Just what does this option do? Thanks, Tonso Ignore Blank: If checked, blank entries are allowed. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Tonso" wrote: > I have noticed the "Ignore blank" check box in my Data Validation > window (XL2003), but i cannot figure out what it does. Nor can i find > an...

Excel2000: Is it possible to use named ranges as chart's series ranges
Hi I have a table, with a row added weekly, and a chart based on those data. But chart must display data from last 6 week only, i.e. chart's data series must be defined dynamically. Of course I can do it, using some hidden dummy sheet, where data for last 6 week are automatically collected, and which serves as source table for chart. But is there a way to avoid this - p.e. by using dynamic named ranges? I tried to enter range names into Values field for Chart Series, but I got 'The formula you typed contains an error' message. Is there some trick for it, or it is hopeless? OK, ...

Import of Data into RMS 2.0?
We will be converting to RMS soon. Is there anyway we can import our old sales history(Monthly) into RMS 2.0? Hi newbie. I am not aware of a free utility that will import all data, including sales transaction history to your RMS system. Retail Realm has an Import Tool that will do this if your current system is Microsoft Point of Sale, possibly POS 2009, but it is licensed (meaning you need to pay for it). Otherwise, I believe you are limited to importing items, customers, suppliers, and UPCs as Aliases, no history. HTH..... "newbierms user" wrote: >...

formulas changing when emailed
At work, I have created a spreadsheet that has links to workbooks in a user drive..called the "U: drive." When I transfer this excel project to others via email, I make sure that the other workbooks also have the same name in their U: drive as well. However, whenever I email it... I have to change many of the formulas at their computers bc the references in my formulas change to a really long string. I have tried using "CNTL+H" to replace the "=" to a "+" but it doesn't work for me bc I have "+" "=" elsewhere in my formulas....

Adding data from multiple cell and linking to a new worksheet
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like A 500 B 300 A 600 B 300 C 400 C 200 There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically Create a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Rashmi" <Rashmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DC0F3A-8D60-4FE2-B778-3A07790EFE8A@microsoft.com... >I have data in a sheet wi...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

data available to MS Access
I'm not able to see the multiple entries of a sharepoint item with a mulit-line text column --I can only access the text of the last entry. With other multi-value columns (attachments, single-line text, numbers, etc), I don't have a problem getting the multiple entries. ...

Data not valid error message
Access02 Have a Report which appears fine. But when you go from DesignView to ReportView it throws error: ~.."the data you entered for this field is not valid"... it doesn't say which field.....I can click thru the message and it reprompts this a few times (probably once per instance of invalid) and then opens fine. it does not do this when the Report opens ; only changing from design view... but it does do it if it is multipage and you need to go to the next page....so needs to be fixed... there's alot of fields and so am wondering how to troubleshoot....hunch is t...

How do I preset data to auto copy to a certain page
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Finding unique items in data field for pivot tables
I have a huge pivot table I'm trying to create and for a critical item I select I get the following message: A field in your data source has more unique items that can be used in a PivotTable. Microsoft Excel may not be able to create a PivotTable or may create the PivotTable without the data from this field. Any ideas how I can find the duplicates and create the PivotTable with this field? Hello- Based on the message, 'duplicates' is not your problem, *Unique* items is. Pivot tables are limited to 32,500 unique items per field. So if you're analyzing product sales, for...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Chart changing based on change in data source (number of rows/colu
As I see, the data range for charting is normally fixed. I have to produce chart based on chaning rows and/or columns in data source table. Has anybody got some suggestion for me? Bal Ram Bhui - For Excel charts in general, I suggest Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/ For dynamic charts, I suggest: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta" <Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0B5564-26B0-4...

Display a long label without wrapping
Silly question, but it's alluding me, I need to display a long field label, but it's wrapping and it looks ridiculous. I tried every combination of section and field layout, but label is always left justified and will wrap. It's a bit field type if that makes a difference, but I don't think so. thanks you could create the bit field, give it a dummy name and uncheck the box to show the name on the form. create a section, put the name you want for the attribute in there and leave the box unchecked for underlining. It worked good for me, i had a series of questions to put...

Excel putting name in opened files
This has probably been mentioned before. I tried googling and other searching, but can't find the right keywords to get what I am looking for without getting a ton of other garbage. Basically, while experimenting for a program to determine a file format, I noticed that simply opening an Excel .XLS file causes Excel to put my name in it, roughly at offset $22B (555 decimal) if there is no VBA code in it. Possibly around $62B if there is some code. The file's date or time is NOT altered. The .XLS is modified even if I do NOT save the file. Is there a way to do disable this, with...

Large XML data loading?
I have a large (50 million records) XML table data in one of the database that I need to load into another database table. I already have several indexes on the table and due to space issues I can not add any more indexes on the table that includes on the XML field (data.value) I am querying. This query is very slow and can take as long as six days to run. What are my options to improve the performance? Is partition is the way to go? Divide data into smaller portions for loading using row_number function?..... On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:57:36 -0700 (PDT), Bero <robertatnova@gmail....

How can i change tab control 's background color
I create a class derived from CTabCtrl. If i handle the WM_PAINT message, there're nothing left on the control. Does it mean that I should draw all the things? And the WM_CTLCOLOR doesn't work,too. How can I change the background color simply? ...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...