Kath (12)

Hi,

You can link the textbox to a cell. When you update the cell the textbox
should reflect this.

Select the textbox border and then in the formula bar enter the complete
cell reference, for example,

=Sheet1!A1

Cheers
Andy

Kath wrote:

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Open saved projects automatically?
Hello, i used to be able to double click on my saved projects for Excel, Word, etc, and they would open in their respective application, but for some reason when i do so now the Aplication in question loads up, but doesnt open the saved project i have selected. I then have to go to File, Open. I have tried all the normal routes like right clicking on the project selecting properties and selecting 'opens with' and selecting the correct aplication and always use this, but it still doesnt open. I can also right click, open with and its fine. The strange thing is that if i have a pr...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

Duration getting changed automatically.
Hi... I have tasks with task type as fixed duration. While importing data for assignments for that task I notice that the DURATION gets AUTOMATICALLY changed in 2 cases:- 1) When I am importing actual effort for assignment or 2) When I import actual start date for that assignment( assignment doesn't have actual finish date as of now). I am not able to find the logic why MSP is doing that. Any help or insight into the behavior is really appreciated!! Thanks a lot in advance!!! -- --Sumit -- --Sumit Are you IMPORTING the data or manually inputting it? If...

Check box in Forms Toolbar
How do I make a check box bigger? Rob, Teesside, UK I don't believe it is possible to change the size of the checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "abfabrob" <abfabrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC393618-0FA7-4CFB-9BA2-DEED22793E32@microsoft.com... > How do I make a check box bigger? > > Rob, > Teesside, > UK ...

Update Query with Parameter
I have an Update Query that asks for 3 fields with parameters. The first parameter [ID] is the criteria in the query to identify which record we are updating. The second and third parameters (city and state) are sending the new information to the table. However, sometimes I only have a city that needs to be updated where the state needs to stay the same as what is already in the table. If I don't fill in the 3rd parameter, the state is deleted from the table. How do I get around this without having to type the state in when the parameter prompts me? Thanks in advance....

Pie Charts #10
I need a pie chart to show quarterly data for 5 different departments. Each quarter will display in it's own pie chart. Each of the 4 quarterly pie charts will be sized proportionately to the year end total. A fifth pie chart will display the TTL data for each department. Is this at all possible? Is there a better way to show such data? Qtr 1 Qtr 2 Qtr 3 Qtr 4 TTL Dept 1 10 30 20 15 75 Dept 2 15 25 25 20 85 Dept 3 20 20 15 30 85 Dept 4 25 15 8 30 78 Dept 5 30 10 19 35 94 100 100 87 130 417 Thank you in advance! V On Aug 6, 3:57=A0pm, valerie <vgar...@carletonls.com> wrote: &...

How to un-hightlight the text in Rich Edit Control?
Hi all, I have a read-only Rich Edit Control in dialog and insert text into it via code. When the dialog pops up, all the text in Rich Edit Control are highlighted as they are selected. How to un-hightlight them by code? Thanks in advance. Jerry scdong wrote: > Hi all, > I have a read-only Rich Edit Control in dialog and insert text into it > via code. When the dialog pops up, all the text in Rich Edit Control > are highlighted as they are selected. How to un-hightlight them by > code? Thanks in advance. > > Jerry Quick & Easy, moving the caret should do the trick....

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Format Chart based on data
I have built a chart from a simple spreadsheet of data. Here is an example of the data: Group1 13.77 Group2 15.86 Group3 12.11 I want the chart (bar style) to show each bar in Blue that corresponds to a value greater than 13. All other bars (<13) should be red. Is that possible? Also, I want to draw a line across the chart at 13 to show the "benchmark". http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Get text from Win Clipboard into VBA variable
VBA in Excel 2007 I have data on the clipboard of a specific format: Start: (') (915855.639280, 638485.145786) End: (') (917162.295718, 637714.747829) I would like to bring this from the windows clipboard into a variable in which I can parse it (to extract and use the coordinates). I can't find this when I search groups and whatnot. Can anyone help me with this? - Paul Schrum Raleigh, NC http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboard.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Paul Schrum" wrote: > VBA in Excel 2007 > > I have d...

Text color change in a cell depend on the cursor position elsewher
Excel. I want either the background color or the text color of a cell, or cells, to change when the cursor is in a particular position. e.g. The background/text color change for the far left cell of a row when the cursor is anywhere in that row. Hi! Two things: 1. You can get a cell to change colour with a VBA routine such as: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) r = Target.Row Cells(r, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub This paints the first cell in the row yellow. But you'll need to give some thought as to whether/how you will dea with moving off that ro...

Text Columns
I have to columns, alphabetically sorted, one with 1oo names, one with 8o-9o names, which are identical to the ones in the column with 1oo. Is there a way (formula or macro) that places the identical text (names) next to each other in the same row, leaving blank the cell where there is no match? The columns should then look like this: Miller Miller Smith Kerry Kerry Ferguson Ferguson Peters Black Black etc. Thank you Say 1st column is column A, 2nd column is column B. Enter in C1: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1,0)),"",VLO...

Chart gridlines over an area graph
Good morning! I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing that will show the X axis lines through the graph. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Have a GREAT day! brenda Hi, You will need to draw the gridlines yourself using additional data series. For horizontal gridlines you could use a series for each line, changing the y value for each series. Or a single series plotted as xyscatter. The x value woul...

Outlook 2k Calender Timezone Issue--Daylight check box not checked
hello, I've encountered a mysterious problem that's only been happening a few months or so. The check box for automatically adjusting for daylight savings time in Outlook 2000 is now unchecked by default on the last several computers I've set up, and one that was already set up and not exhibiting the problem until I set up a new user login. I've set up numerous PC's the exact same way and had no problems until recently. We discovered the issue becuase a shared calender on our exchange server was showing certain people's entries as being an hour off, and ce...

automatically update data validation selections
I've restricted user enter for certain cells to a named range. Fo example, the named range includes: Apples, Oranges, Bananas. Let's say a user selects "Apples". Then, the list is updated so tha "Apples" becomes "Green Apples". I want what the user selecte ("Apples") to now automatically reflect "Green Apples". I canno figure out how to accomplish this without using a combo box - but really don't want to use a combo box - just keep the user entry area a cells. Any suggestions with no code or a minimum of code are much appr...

BUGGY TEXT BOXES IN GRAPHS
I am using Excel 2000, version 9.0.6926 sp3 Seems like every time I use a text box on a graph, or try to opaque its background, or change outline features, my excel crashes and closes down, losing everything done since last save event. At first I thought it was one corrupt file- but then I recreated the problem on a new machine, and a new spreadsheet file. Does anyone know if this bug has been taken care of- or is there a fix to it? Thanks Paul ...

Auto Populate text box based on combo box
Hello, I have a combobox named "Bulk" and a text box named "Routing", I would like the Routing box to auto populate after the user selects an option from "Bulk". The Bulk combo box is bound to a table named "Products and bulks". The Routing selection would be coming from the same table. Could someone please explain this to me? I have tried different codes like: Private Sub cboPersonID_AfterUpdate() Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.cboPersonID.Column(1) End Sub Everytime I put this in the Combo Box's afterupdate property, an error message com...

Non-number value in Charts
I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in the cell. How do I do this? I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns, you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then clicking again (aka, a slow double click). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

Text/Font Size in Money 2006
Dude, there has to be a way to make the font size bigger in Money 2006! My eyes are stinging! I've looked everywhere but can't seem to figure out how to make the text easier to read. Why does Microsoft think that super small text size is better? I'm under 30 y/o, don't wear glasses, and I'm running my 19" LCD at 1280 x 1024 (which I don't think is too outrageous). I have clear type font smoothing enabled and I have even bumped up the font size within Windows XP. Do I need to get a magnifying glass next? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for ...

Repost
Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates date? -- Steve ...

Money 2003's Internet Updates corrupt causes shares transaction
Since Monday (20 Aug 2007), when I do a Internet Updates, my shares transaction records appear to get corrupted. I observed that this seems to happen to shares with a "split". I never have this problem all these years until now. I would appreciate if someone can help. -- Sitt Sen This is the same problem that I am enquring about, and it started on the same date. I do not think that it is corruption. I saw somewhere that it has something to do with "Tickers" having dots or no dots.... But I can't seem to find much more info, yet. "sittsen" wrote: ...

excel charts #4
Hi, I have 2 sets of data for times. I can plot the chart data onto an excel bar chart and see the results, no problem. However I'd like to compare the 2 sets of times. i.e. I'd like to have two bars, side by side for each of the times. i.e. A1=1 secs A2=2 secs B1=4 secs B2=5 secs Right now I can plot all the A1,B1, ... N1 values but I don't know how to put the results for A2, B2, ... N2 beside each of those for the A1, B1,...N1 etc. Am I right in thinking I just have to change the data range? Or do I need somethign else? i can use the wizard or whatever it takes to redraw th...

How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007?
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to insert text into a cell based on the value of the cell next to it. Example If NO is typed into cell B1, I want to insert EXPLAIN in cell B1 I assume you meant C1 or else you would need an event macro =IF(B1="No","Explain","") since you didn't mention what you want if it is not "No" I made it blank -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RobertTFB" <RobertTFB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70E2D21C-2D27-42D1-9574-0C39907C2A47@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2007. I am trying t...

how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.
(Excel:) How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do not interfere with the text in those labels? Hi, Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the same as the plotarea colour. Cheers Andy peterk wrote: > (Excel:) > How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do > not interfere with the text in those labels? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Peter - Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the faintest gray in the palette (you've alr...

DST update
Hi, we have updated all servers and exchange servers with updates 926666 and 930241 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930241) Since all servers are ok except for the main cluster we use. It has two Mailboxe stores, one is mounting ok and the second one not. When i try to mount it manually i receive that error: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the Information Store. ID no: c1041723 Of course i use a domain admin account enabled that has never had issues before mounting stores. The very strange thing is that it is possible for mailboxes contained in that m...