Kath (12)

Hi,

You can link the textbox to a cell. When you update the cell the textbox
should reflect this.

Select the textbox border and then in the formula bar enter the complete
cell reference, for example,

=Sheet1!A1

Cheers
Andy

Kath wrote:

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Gantt Chart in Excel. Do I need conditional formatting?
Hello all. I have created a Gantt chart that shows approx. 15 tasks in each project. I am using this to show percentage of completion for each task. It is working just fine and looks great but I need it to insert a date when a task is at 100% completion to show the client the date that particular task was completed. How would I do this without ruining my chart I already have working fine? I know this is probably easy to do but I cannot seem to keep the rest of the chart intact. Is conditional formatting the answer? Thanks! You could use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to do this: h...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text?
I have an existing spreadsheet created by another user. Some of the rows are not automatically sized to display all text. Is there a command to resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text? thanks email: softwaretest underscore 2003 at hotmail Church lady, try Ctrl a, to select the whole sheet, then format, row, autofit -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "the church lady" <tcl@mail.com&g...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Missing Text in emails replied to via Lotus Notes
I use Outlook 2003 to create emails. Using either plain text or html format, when I send the email to a colleague who uses Lotus Notes, and they hit reply to the email type their response. I do not receive or read any of their text in the incoming mail in Outlook. If I use an alternative Email client such as Pegasus, I can read their text. What can I do to fix this, how can I get the missing text back from within Outlook, without getting them to re-create a new email with their response? I think that I have solved this. I think that when the option to remove blank lines is ticked. Ou...

TEXT STATUS -VS- Numbers
We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to create a chart with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis. Can this be done and if so how. Please help DDBeards If you assign numbers 1-8 for each status, you can then hide the 1-8 axis labels, and add custom ones: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBeards wrote: > We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to cre...

Update Link
I have got a problem of Excel update link after upgrade to Office 2003. I have create 5 excel files which is linked togather. In the 1st one, it contains raw data, and each of the other make use of the result of the pervious file. 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 Data When I open the 5th file, it ask me to update link, form the background I can still see the values, however no matter I choose "update" or "do not update" the value turns into error. I have to open the 4th and 3rd file in order to give my value back. This does not happen when I open the fil...

Hekp! IE8 problem after Windows updates installed
Having installed the windows update KB955759, by now when I start the IE browser, an error message popup "IE encountered a problem and need to close" .. The same problem occurred when I tried to start Windows Media Player. The following is the error information. AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: aclayers.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.3647 Offset: 0003d3db My machine runs on Windows XP SP2 and IE8. Before I had uninstalled WLM 9.0 and reinstalled the older version WLM 8.5 and checked the box " to run the program with the compatible mode where I ch...

Conditional formatting of text
Greetings, all - I am creating a simple spreadsheet template to be distributed to users for data entry purposes. The first column contains the names of the desired data elements. The second column contains the definition for each data element. The definitions are formatted in red text. I intend for the user to remove the definition and replace it with the proper information for each element. For example: Data Element Definition 1.0 LastName The last name of the person to whom questions about the sample should be directed. The user would replace ...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

fonts are changing and text disappears
Hello when i open outlook 2003 all my maps on the left side of the screen are looking well and normal. But after a wile the font changed or a piece of the name/text disappear. Very stange i think. When i close outlook and turn it back on, everyting is back to normal but not for long. ...

dialogue box
Can anyone offer help: When I click on the "new" tab in outlook a dialogue box comes up that says " A dialogue box is open. close it and try again". I don't have anything else open. Any ideas?? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Elliott" <Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBE71DB2-CC86-...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Edit Template and have connected workbooks updated automatically?
When I make changes to a custom Template the changes are not reflected in any workbooks that are based on the Template. Is this usual and are there any ways to have these changes update to the workbooks automatically ? Thanks Michael Jones ...

OpenArgs and unwanted Parameter Boxes
I am building a project using Access 2003 sp2 linked to a SQL 2000 Database. All tables and queries are SQL based. I have a search form that supplies between one and three parameters to a searchresults subform. The subform displays employee wage information, and the parameters supplied can be any combination of Insurance No, Date of Birth and Surname. The parameters are passed to the subform as a pipe delimited string via the OpenArgs property of the Openform method. Code in the subform disassembles the Openargs string using the Split function and generates up to 3 arguments. These argu...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

error code 800B0109
Sorry for this, my previous message has an incorrect information: the error code associaed with Windows defender is 0x800106ba. This othe code 800B0109 is associated with the update problem. Thanks again. Post any/all followup in replies to your original thread, please. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

Check box and Command button code #2
This code will change the named range of cells yellow when the check box is checked and the command button is pressed which is what I want it to do, but when you check the check box, it will take the user over to my second worksheet named form where the range of cells are. I would like for it to wait to take them over after they press the command button because multiple check boxes will need to be checked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() If Me.CheckBox2.Value = False Then ...

Excel Hyperlink on Chart
Hello, Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? Thanks. Bill Hi AFAIK not possible (or at least not without a huge amount of vBA code) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, >select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? > >Thanks. > >Bill > > >. > ...

Text to numbers
For years and years, I have been happily using Excel 97 to copy data from a website to my Excel spreadsheet by saving it as an Excel Workbook. I then manipulate the data (multiply, divide etc) without a problem. I have just installed Office 2000 Small Business, and when I try the same copy procedure, all the calculations return #VALUE. It appears that the "imported" data is text (?), with spaces. Not sure though. I realise I haven't explained this too well, but I'm hoping someone can interpret what I am trying to say, and assist. Try selecting the columns with th...

How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week?
How do I make a to do chart for every day of the week? I know what a 'to do' list means but what does a 'to do chart' mean? Is it for assigning tasks to individuals on a rotating basis (like chores for the family)? What is the context for one? What do you expect to see on it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <70B3488F-D17B-4182-9E30-7A766472E875@microsoft.com>, kayleigh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do I make a to do chart for every day of ...

changing the axis fonts of charts
Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size o charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried recording one when you did it manually? If you can't generalize it, post the code that you came up with and I bet you get a better response. "cdegar01 <" wrote: > > Hello all! Can anyone help write a macro that would change the size of > charts' axis fonts, based on the charts that I select? > > Thanks! > > --- > Message posted from http://ww...

Combination Stacked Bar with Single Bar Chart
Greeting Excel Pros, I would like to create a stacked bar chart with a single bar. My spreatsheet layout is below: Col A Col B Col C.......ColU Line #1 Sept 06 Oct 06......Nov 06.....Apr 08 2 Orig 10 5 15 20 3 ADD 1 Data Begins Feb 07 4 Mar Data Begins Mar 07 5 Add 2 Data Begins Feb 07 6 Jun Data Begins Jun 07 7 Add 3 Data Begins F...