Kath (12)

Hi,

You can link the textbox to a cell. When you update the cell the textbox
should reflect this.

Select the textbox border and then in the formula bar enter the complete
cell reference, for example,

=Sheet1!A1

Cheers
Andy

Kath wrote:

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How do I name categories of a pie chart
I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. HELP!! Right click within the chart, select "Format Data Series..." Go to "Data Labels" tab. Select "Series Name" or "Category Name" "RGC" wrote: > I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names > of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. > HELP!! ...

Unable to do a full text search on the Knowledgbase
I have an SBS version and we are unable to do a search on the Knowledgebase. I can see all the articles, but when we try to do a search I get an SQL error telling me to contact the system administrator. SBS R2 and SQL 2005. Any ideas? The problem relates to Full-text indexing on the SQL server. In most cases the resolution is to rebuild the full text catalog in the MSCRM database. -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Riffers" wrote: > I have an SBS version and we are unable to do a search on the Knowledgebase. > I can see...

How to diffrentiate Text & number from a single cell????
Hi ther guyz............i a have small problem with the execl sheets........... my problem is e.g. i have alot of cells with a number and some text in it........and they both are in one/single cell (e.g. "878 queen st" in A1)....now what i want is to remove let's say "queen st" from each cell so that there is only number left in it.....................i cannot figure out any formula........if there is any..............need help imediately -- pack_card2000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pack_card2000's Profile: http://www...

Array Formula not updating
I have a quite a large array formula: {=(INDEX('[Plant Movements Entry.xls]Data'!$E$2:$E$9997,MAX(('[Plant Movements Entry.xls]Data'!$A$2:$A$9997=A3)*ROW('[Plant Movements Entry.xls]Data'!$A$2:$A$9997))-CELL("row",'[Plant Movements Entry.xls]Data'!$A$2)+1))} for some reason it wont update properly unless the other workbook which it refers to is open, if the other book is not open it returns error values. its strange because i have used the same formula in other books with out incident can any one shed some light on why this may be? Cheers The pr...

Custom class exists to add, update, delete and select nodes in record style XML file???
I am considering writing a Class that Selects, Adds, Updates and Deletes Nodes in an XML File but do not what to reinvent the wheel. (See XML file below) That data format would emulate records in a Database Table with a Primary Key for each Record (see xml sample below) and a flat file structure. I would use a class to manipulate this type of data structure extensivly if I had one. Does anyone know of such an animal? Thanks In Advance Earl <?xml version="1.0"?> <ROOT NextPk="3"> <RECORD PkNum="1"> <NAME>Mark</NAME> <...

Converting CRMDatetime to Text gives one hour difference
Hi All I have one custom entity with one CRM Date Time Field that accepts date and as well as Time. I use this to convert from date time to string CRMDateTime dt= new CRMDateTime(); dt=Convert.ToDateTime(new_date.Value).ToLocalTime(); But the problem I am facing is , it gives one hour difference like if the Date I saved is 3/29/2010 and time is 10:30 AM when i convert to string i get 3/29/2010 time 9:30 AM. Please help. Did you check your local settings on your client (Tools > Options > General > Timezone)? And the Timezone of the user you are using (System, an Administr...

Why are my calendar entries deleting automatically after 6 mos.
I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? It's caused by either your Auto Archive settings or your PDA settings. Marbeck wrote: > I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my > calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening? Are you syncing with a PDA or smartphone? That is the typical cause... otherwise, check your autoarchive settings - tools, options, other, autoarchive and also on the folder properties. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutor...

Chart with merged rows
Another question for EXCEL gurus ! I have a chart with 56 rows (corresponding to 56 weeks in a year), each of which is composed of merging 7 rows (corresponding to 7 days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged columns ? Selecting these and clicking the chart icon does not produce anything ! X-axis C, Y-axis - D -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A B C D --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13. Aug. Sunday ...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

Visio Text (Number) Automation
Hi. I'm creating an Organization Chart for my company. I have the org charts already setup with names, shapes, etc; however, I would like to add the total number or employees in each group, which would add up to larger group, and finally all the way to the top which will have the total number for all employees. i would like to somehow automate this process like excel does wtih a formula (=techdept+accoutningdept) which would add the numbers i manually filled in the tech and accouting dept, but would add those number together for the group above that. Thanks. ...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

Legend and text entry
I am on Excel 2003 and need to create a simple pie chart. I am asked to put into the legend the data, individual dollar amounts and then the total in the Legend. Is that possible and if so how can I do that without effecting my chart. Thank you. Hi, If you are asking how to put the values of the datapoints into the Legend - Excel does not do this by default. But you can do it by creating a custom name for each of the data points. Suppose you have the names of the data points in A1:A5 and the values you are plotting in B1:B5. Insert a column between A:B and enter the formula =A1...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

selected text highlighting issue
Windows XP SP3. Office 2003 fully updated. This has always bugged me so I figured I'd finally ask the question. I run 2 monitors and work on multiple things at once. If I have a Word doc open (or notepad or some other editor) and select a block of text and then move to another application, the text in the Word doc no longer appears selected. This is extremely annoying at times. Just because my Word doc is no longer the active application doesn't mean that I don't want to see what I've selected. And if it's so that I know it's not the active application, well t...

Wrap text, Merge cells
I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text. There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible. Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be made a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows" wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible? Stumped in IN. thanks for any info on this subject A row's height (with or without merged cells) cannot exceed 409. Also, a cell can display only about 1000 characters even though it can hold ov...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Data Validation
What I am trying to achieve is a drop down list that would look something like this: D1a - suipplies F1g - cell phones C2a - travel E4b - computers and so on and so forth. I can do that. What I would like to happen though is in the same cell that the drop down box is in (a29) I would like to select one of those options and only have D1a, or F1f, ect show up in the cell. The words are just references to my budget, and I don't nned them after I selected the right one. Is this possible? I am somewhat new to excel and have never went into the visual basic editor and I don't have...

Axes(xlCategory) for a chart-sheet in 2007
I am unsuccessfully trying to set TickLabelSpacing for X-axis in a chart-sheet. Tries recording the steps into a macro, but the recorded code returns an error when i attempt to run it myself. The problem has something to do with the fact that the charts in chart-sheets aren't embedded into ChartObjects, and setting TickLabelSpacing directly for a chart object doesn't do anyhting. Here's the recorded code (fails in 2007): Sub Macro3() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' Sheets("Chart").Select ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Act...

Global Adress list not updating
Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating when users are added or deleted in Active directory. I have clicked on "Update Now" under Recipient Update Service In Exchange System Manager. This does not update the list. Any ideas anyone? Which version of Exchange? Which version of Windows? Which version of Outlook? E "Brendon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3c42e$bb8ee630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating > when users are added or deleted in Active direct...

Exchange calendar update tool does not work
Hi I need help on this. I installed exchange calendar tool on a windows XP. At first it works, but now it does not work any more. First, I run Msextmzcfg.exe and it works. I got batch file and input file. I created a defualt outlook prifile which user has full mailbox access and send as permission on all maiboxes on the exchange server. When I run the batch file, Msextmz.exe will open outlook serveravl time base on how many users in the input file. But it does not open all the users' mailbox, it only repeatly open the default user mailbox. So the TZmove.exe will only run on the defualt use...

Item 'Last Ordered' Field updates inappropriately
The 'Last Ordered' field updates when I transfer inventory out. This is not good. If I want to know the last time I bought an item, the date of the most recent transfer does not help - especially if it was an inter-store transfer out. Ideally, separate fields for 'Last Transferred In' and Last Transferred Out' could be added as separate fields. This would reserve the 'Last Ordered' field for the last time the item was actually ordered from a supplier. Alternately, and better thant the present system, the field could simply update with purchase orders ONLY...