How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
repeatedly type the text?  Ex.  adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...
0
Wanda_pb (1)

=A1&".gif"

"Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
> repeatedly type the text?  Ex.  adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

0
breinhardt (272)
2/3/2005 7:33:35 PM
Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned  there
were "/" also in the text.  When I did your suggestion, it deleted the "/"
and the text between them, but did add the .gif to the remaining text.  I
want to keep all of the text (including the /'s) and add the .gif to the end.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> =A1&".gif"
>
> "Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
> > repeatedly type the text?  Ex.  adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

0
Wandapb (3)
2/4/2005 4:05:03 PM
Wanda -

Why don't you show us what the text in the cells looks like. Copy a few
cells and paste as text into a reply.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Wanda_pb wrote:
> Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned  there
> were "/" also in the text.  When I did your suggestion, it deleted the "/"
> and the text between them, but did add the .gif to the remaining text.  I
> want to keep all of the text (including the /'s) and add the .gif to the end.
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>

>>=A1&".gif"
>>
>>"Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
>>>repeatedly type the text?  Ex.  adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

Here's and example of what I'm trying to add .gif to:
/graphics/BC1456Q
/graphics/BC1462Q
/graphics/BC1470X
/graphics/BC1471X
/graphics/BC1475X

Here's an example of what happens when I entered =A1&".gif":

AF 1100 C.gif

0
Wandapb (3)
2/5/2005 3:05:03 PM
I'm an idiot.  I didn't put in the correct cell.  It works just fine.
Thanks!!!!
0
Wandapb (3)

Unable to do a full text search on the Knowledgbase
I have an SBS version and we are unable to do a search on the Knowledgebase. I can see all the articles, but when we try to do a search I get an SQL error telling me to contact the system administrator. SBS R2 and SQL 2005. Any ideas? The problem relates to Full-text indexing on the SQL server. In most cases the resolution is to rebuild the full text catalog in the MSCRM database. -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Riffers" wrote: > I have an SBS version and we are unable to do a search on the Knowledgebase. > I can see...

How to diffrentiate Text & number from a single cell????
Hi ther guyz............i a have small problem with the execl sheets........... my problem is e.g. i have alot of cells with a number and some text in it........and they both are in one/single cell (e.g. "878 queen st" in A1)....now what i want is to remove let's say "queen st" from each cell so that there is only number left in it.....................i cannot figure out any formula........if there is any..............need help imediately -- pack_card2000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pack_card2000's Profile: http://www...

Delete cell contents while retaining formulas
I want to delete cell contents from cells I select without deleting the formulas. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance.. Hi - select your range - hit F5, click 'Special' and check 'Constants' - now hit the DEL key -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave A." <cyberayk@excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Oo4ybUJ2EHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to delete cell contents from cells I select without deleting the > formulas. How do I accomplish this? > > Thanks in advance.. > > ...

Protected cells and grouping
I have a spreadsheet that I am using grouping to expend and compress associated lrows of date. Within the group I want to protect some rows. However, I find that when I set this up the grouping no longer functions. Is there a way to set this up so I continue to expand or compress the group and still protect some of the rows of data within the group? Thanks, --Jim Have you thought of using a userform with mutitabs etc to view the sheet.? http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "JimS" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I am using grouping to expend and compress > asso...

Add-on for Sales Question
Hello, I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:10QTh.20$Da6.3@trnddc02... > Hello, > > I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I > was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would > appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Read replies to the prior thread you already ...

Copy Cells with VBA
Hello, I'd like a VBA macro that would copy in row C4 of worksheet A the content of row E11 of worksheet B. Is that possible ? Regards, Hi Jef If both workbooks are open try this I think you mean a range instead of a row? Workbooks("A.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("C4").Value = _ Workbooks("B.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("E11").Value -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637A2067-D2D9-4607-B2D2-B03884429075@microsoft.com... > He...

Converting CRMDatetime to Text gives one hour difference
Hi All I have one custom entity with one CRM Date Time Field that accepts date and as well as Time. I use this to convert from date time to string CRMDateTime dt= new CRMDateTime(); dt=Convert.ToDateTime(new_date.Value).ToLocalTime(); But the problem I am facing is , it gives one hour difference like if the Date I saved is 3/29/2010 and time is 10:30 AM when i convert to string i get 3/29/2010 time 9:30 AM. Please help. Did you check your local settings on your client (Tools > Options > General > Timezone)? And the Timezone of the user you are using (System, an Administr...

Re: Add email address to outlook
Ben, Thanks for the reply. When I right click on the sender's name I don't have the option to "add sender to address book". Is there a way to add it. I did have that option when I used Outlook Express. thank you ...

blank cells #4
How do I copy and paste...and OMIT blank cells.. Larry Hi Try this: Select the range of data, click Edit>Goto>Special and select Contants; non-blank cells will be selected this way. Next, carry out normal copy and paste procedures. >-----Original Message----- >How do I copy and paste...and OMIT blank cells.. > >Larry >. > ...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

Visio Text (Number) Automation
Hi. I'm creating an Organization Chart for my company. I have the org charts already setup with names, shapes, etc; however, I would like to add the total number or employees in each group, which would add up to larger group, and finally all the way to the top which will have the total number for all employees. i would like to somehow automate this process like excel does wtih a formula (=techdept+accoutningdept) which would add the numbers i manually filled in the tech and accouting dept, but would add those number together for the group above that. Thanks. ...

Unable to Sum cells in Excel
Hello, I am having issues trying to use the SUM function to autosum a couple of cells that have If functions within them. I am trying to do the following: In Q12 I am trying to get the Sum of N12, O12 and P12. I have only tried =SUM(N12:P12) as the function formatting the cell as text, general, numeric etc but the total always ends up being 0.00, I never get an addition of the values in the other cells. Each of the N, O and P cells has the following function within it, =IF(F12="","",IF(F12>=90%,"5",IF(F12>=85%,"4",IF (F12>=78%,"...

pasting 1 cell into merged cells
Is this possible at all? I get an error: cannot change part of a merged cell. thanks, dominique Hi this is one of the drawbacks of merged cells. Therefore try to avoid these kind of formating -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dominique Schroeder wrote: > Is this possible at all? > > I get an error: cannot change part of a merged cell. > > thanks, > > dominique You can get around the error message by pasting into the function lin above the worksheet. Look for the fx just above your lettered columns, click just right of the fx in the white line and ...

Legend and text entry
I am on Excel 2003 and need to create a simple pie chart. I am asked to put into the legend the data, individual dollar amounts and then the total in the Legend. Is that possible and if so how can I do that without effecting my chart. Thank you. Hi, If you are asking how to put the values of the datapoints into the Legend - Excel does not do this by default. But you can do it by creating a custom name for each of the data points. Suppose you have the names of the data points in A1:A5 and the values you are plotting in B1:B5. Insert a column between A:B and enter the formula =A1...

E-commerce add in?
I have a customer who is looking to implement RMS as well they are going to put some items in on there website. Is there a good/reccomended shopping cart site that would allow them to integrate the store and virtual store together. I have never done anything on the web side of things so I am looking for some info. Thanks. Zack Anderson ...

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

selected text highlighting issue
Windows XP SP3. Office 2003 fully updated. This has always bugged me so I figured I'd finally ask the question. I run 2 monitors and work on multiple things at once. If I have a Word doc open (or notepad or some other editor) and select a block of text and then move to another application, the text in the Word doc no longer appears selected. This is extremely annoying at times. Just because my Word doc is no longer the active application doesn't mean that I don't want to see what I've selected. And if it's so that I know it's not the active application, well t...

Wrap text, Merge cells
I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text. There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible. Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be made a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows" wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible? Stumped in IN. thanks for any info on this subject A row's height (with or without merged cells) cannot exceed 409. Also, a cell can display only about 1000 characters even though it can hold ov...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

Length cell limited ?
It is needed to insert in a combined cell a chain of but of 1500 characters however happens the following thing: although the information is complete in the cell, the chain is visualized partially since in form alone the first 1170 characters appear. It has been to modify the format of the cells but the complete information doesn't appear. Any help will be welcome Mario Why do you need so much information in a single cell? Is it because it's a formula? The way I have found around this problem is to break the formula down into 2 cells resulting in a 1 or 0 and have a third ce...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross
I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it? Option Explicit '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) ...

If formula that looks at multiple cells and values, and then calul
I'm trying to put together a production spreadsheet for mechanical manufacturing that figures out a length of one piece of material based on other dimensions. It's for storm shutter parts and the cut dimensions need to be calculated from the field measures. There are many types of tracks available and the blade length is dependant upon the finish height, track type and structure. I need the formula to look at 5 different cells that may or may not have data for the top track and only use the data from the one that's filled out. Same for the bottom track for a total of 10 ...

Text to Column Function Rejects Zeros
Hello, As part of a project, I was conducting a survey (administered online) using Snap survey software. Snap automatically sends results into an Excel file, which is great. However, several of the questions allowed participants to select more than one item ("Check the top 3 things..." etc.). These responses were coded in Excel into a 10101 format, where 1=checked and 0=not checked, all in one cell. Since 0 represents a response, I selected the cell formatting of these columns as Custom (Format->Cell->Number tab->Custom), so any 0s before the first 1 would not drop o...