how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?

I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible?
I need it to compare each series with the mean.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida

The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
new series in your graph.
--
David Biddulph

"Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
>I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
>possible?
> I need it to compare each series with the mean.
>
> Thanks in advance. Regards,
>
> Guillermo Fuenzalida

0
David
11/22/2007 2:06:08 PM
David,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I realize I didn't express myself
correctly. English is not my native language.

I have the mean, it's the general total from a dynamic table I created. The
problem is that I want to add that column as a new series in a dynamic
graphic. I can do it manually, but that means that I have to create the whole
series one by one (about 40). Is there any way to do it?

Regards,

Guillermo Fuenzalida.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
> mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
> new series in your graph.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
> >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
> >possible?
> > I need it to compare each series with the mean.
> >
> > Thanks in advance. Regards,
> >
> > Guillermo Fuenzalida

Guillermo,
 Have you tried this solution:
Select dynamic graph (right click), select "Source Data".
Select "Series" tab. Select "Add" series.
Name: "="Mean"" (omit first " and last ")
Y-values: =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20  (Sheet1 is what ever your sheet name is)
hth
Dennis
"Guillermo Fuenzalida" wrote:

> David,
>
> Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I realize I didn't express myself
> correctly. English is not my native language.
>
> I have the mean, it's the general total from a dynamic table I created. The
> problem is that I want to add that column as a new series in a dynamic
> graphic. I can do it manually, but that means that I have to create the whole
> series one by one (about 40). Is there any way to do it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Guillermo Fuenzalida.
>
> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
> > The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the
> > mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a
> > new series in your graph.
> > --
> > David Biddulph
> >
> > "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com...
> > >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it
> > >possible?
> > > I need it to compare each series with the mean.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance. Regards,
> > >
> > > Guillermo Fuenzalida

0
FloMM2 (102)

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Financial Series Multicurrency Revaluation
Our functional currency is $US, and we have a $CAN checkbook. When I run the report for revaluing the GL account that corresponds with this checkbook, the originating amount on the report does not agree with the Adjusted Book Balance on the Bank Reconciliation for this checkbook. Likewise, the functional amount shown on the report does not agree with the functional balance of the GL account. How can I get the Revaluation Report to agree with my actual balances? ...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Range in Bar Graphs
Hi you guys, I'm making charts for an assignment due tomorrow and I have to add th range of the values to every bar in my bar graphs (bars showing th average value). It's supposed to be a line just like the one line that indicates th average deviation, yet I don't want this line to show the deviation bu rather the range of values that were the source for the average that i being shown by the bar. So for example we have the values 3, 4, and 5. The Average of tha should be 4. The bar shows the value four (4 is on the y axis) and drawn across thi bard I would like to have a vertica...

Solver Add-in #2
I have an Excel File (around 4.5 megs) with 28 sheets. using the Solver add-in on the NPV function subject to a few restricting criteria. Max iterations 100 Max Change 0.01 under the Tools --> Calculation menu. Now when I launch Excel for the first time, I can click Tools --> Solver and see the conditions et al. but exiting from the Solver once and then later on trying to reaccess it through the same Tools --> Solver the Solver dialog does not come up. I have to quit excel and restart it again to view the Solver dialog. What could be going wrong here? Any ideas/suggestions? No ...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

Crosstab query totals
Need some help, I have a crosstab query that returns the following data see sql below, what I need is to total all gearbox types that are R and 37 and R and 27 and R and 47 etc. an example R and RF 27 total = 492 <> 1 2 4 SubTotals R 27 20 26 303 12 361 R 37 6 66 307 8 387 R 47 8 87 424 2 521 R47R 37 2 2 R57R 37 3 2 5 R67R 37 1 1 2 R77R 37 19 19 RF 27 4 17 109 1 131 RF 37 1 11 76 88 RF 47 1 25 39 65 TRANSFORM Sum(InspectionLog.Quantity) AS SumOfQuantity SELECT Sum(InspectionLog.Quantity) AS SubTotals, InspectionLog.GearboxType ...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

How to get total "conditional sum of cells" in a column?
Hi all, I have dollar amounts in one col, and status in another. I want the sum of those dollar amounts where the corresponding status cell is empty (blank). How do I do this? Thanks for any hints, cdj Status in Column A and dollar amounts in Column B: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="")*B2:B100) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bc08584b-1338-4b3f-8ab3-cc3e1602e581@n1g2000prb.go...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

how to stabilize graph
How to stabilize graph so that when I change the values in the chart the graph won't change.:) -- ditzafar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ditzafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29475 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502996 Hi, Jon Peltier discusses various was of de-link the chart from the data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy ditzafar wrote: > How to stabilize graph so that when I change the values in the chart t...

VBA
Hi, I am currently writing a database and what i want it to do is when one particular field is filled in eg. Cylinder, then it will pick up only "cylinder" items. I have tried this code below but it doesnt seem to work. Could someone please help me. Private Sub Job_Installable_AfterUpdate() 'If Job_Installable.[Column](1) = "Cylinder" Then ' 'Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm.Form!Controls.NewData ' 'Forms! ' [tblJob_Consumables SubForm]![Job_Consumable Consumable ID].ControlSource = "qlkpConsumableCylinder" 'Else...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

add to existing distribution list
Trying to add to an existing distribution list; (from MS Access to Outlook 2003) ; code below can add, but always creates new DL (see below); skipping through Access records into general top level contacts was easy, DL work has been very frustrating. Code below works (it adds to a list) but it needs to refer to a known list. How do I do this successfully ? I've played with : objDistList = myFolder.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olDistributionListItem) in other code but get "object variable not set" even though I can see it has been ! Dim objOutlook ...

Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook 2003 with one user/email (pop3)/profile for a few years and have a great system of folders and saved messages. I recently added a new profile with its own email (pop3) and everything is fine. Upon opening Outlook it prompts for the profile to open and I can open both. However, when I select my 'original' profile (listed at 'Outlook' in the drop-down box presumeably because it was the original profile), all my original folders and saved messages appear, but the Send/Receive button is missing from the toolbar as well as from the Tools menu. The S...

New Vista and Old Publisher
I'm super pleased with Vista Home Premium and its ability to fix old programs from old operating systems to work. I transfered every file from my old Win98 computer to my new Vista operated machine with no problems. My MS Office '97 installed flawlessly. Every program works like normal......every one except Publisher '98. I get an error message that MS Pub cannot open QS98.dll because "Not enough memory or the application is corrupt". I don't think 3GB memory is the issue. And I replaced the QS98.dll with a fresh copy off the net. The Vista Compatibility ...

Graphing ellipse equation
How do you graph an ellipse euation in the excel? The easiest way is to calculate X and Y parametrically. I used the angle theta, which I varied from 0 to 360 degrees. I can use cos(theta) and sin(theta) to get the coordinates of a circle of radius 1. If my ellipse formula is (x/a)^2 + (y/b)^2 = 1 then my points are simply related to the above by factors of a and b. So put angles in column A (0 to 360 in increments of 15 worked adequately well in my example: this filled A3:A27). Put the values for a and b into cells B1 and C1. Use this formula in B3 for X: =B$1*COS(A3*PI()/180) and ...