How do I add different cells to have one bar chart?

I have two different worksheets that I need to chart.  I only want specific
cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart.  I can't seem to make just one
continuous bar.

Thanks in advance.
--
DMM
0

The easiest way is to pull all the data you want for one series into one
continuous range on one worksheet.  You can do this by linking from wherever
your source data is.  Then create your graph from this range.
--
David Biddulph

"soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two different worksheets that I need to chart.  I only want specific
> cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart.  I can't seem to make just
> one
> continuous bar.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> DMM

0
David
6/8/2007 2:51:53 PM
I wanted to do that, but my boss doesn't want it done that way.  Is there a
different way of doing it?
--
DMM

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> The easiest way is to pull all the data you want for one series into one
> continuous range on one worksheet.  You can do this by linking from wherever
> your source data is.  Then create your graph from this range.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two different worksheets that I need to chart.  I only want specific
> > cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart.  I can't seem to make just
> > one
> > continuous bar.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > DMM

0
soconfused (21)
6/8/2007 3:03:01 PM
Yes, you can separate you source data with a comma - for example:

=Sheet1!$B$2:$C$4,Sheet1!$F$2:$G$4

This example uses named ranges to add noncontiguous ranges to a chart:

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/non_contiguous_named_ranges_as_chart_sources/

For more information, look up "noncontiguous chart ranges" or something
similar.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"soconfused" wrote:

> I wanted to do that, but my boss doesn't want it done that way.  Is there a
> different way of doing it?
> --
> DMM
>

> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
> > The easiest way is to pull all the data you want for one series into one
> > continuous range on one worksheet.  You can do this by linking from wherever
> > your source data is.  Then create your graph from this range.
> > --
> > David Biddulph
> >
> > "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have two different worksheets that I need to chart.  I only want specific
> > > cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart.  I can't seem to make just
> > > one
> > > continuous bar.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > DMM

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

pasting chart getting source data from new location
I have a spreadsheet and chart of which I need several instances. When I copy and paste the sheet, the source data for the new chart is pointing to the original spreadsheet. My goal is to have a new sheet and chart that is independent from the original, however works the same way. New data entered into the new spredsheet will display on the the new graph. This functionality is by design but you can easily change the source of any chart. To do so, first click on the outside edge of the chart. Next, right-click on your mouse and select "source data". Finally, in the source...

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page