How do I add column A data labels to a scatter of columns B and C?

I have made a scatter plot using columns B and C as my x and y coordinates. I
would like to use the data in column A to label my points. I already have the
XY chart labeler 97 installed and selected, but I don't know how to get the
data labels to show up on my graph.

Thank you!

Hi Christina -

There are a couple of well written Excel add-ins you can download to do
this:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Both are free downloads, they install easily, and they integrate into
Excel's interface very nicely. They let you select a series, then select
the range that contains their labels.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Christina1 wrote:

> I have made a scatter plot using columns B and C as my x and y coordinates. I
> would like to use the data in column A to label my points. I already have the
> XY chart labeler 97 installed and selected, but I don't know how to get the
> data labels to show up on my graph.
>
> Thank you!
Jon, thank you.

What I was trying to say is that I already have Bovey's XY chart labeler. I
don't know how to apply it. I am still making scatterplots and hoping to add
labels. I have Bovey's product selected under Format/Add-ins. Working in
excel, what is the process (i.e., what menus do I pull down) of selecting the
labels and making them appear?

Thanks,
Christina

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Hi Christina -
>
> There are a couple of well written Excel add-ins you can download to do
> this:
>
> Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
> John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
>
> Both are free downloads, they install easily, and they integrate into
> Excel's interface very nicely. They let you select a series, then select
> the range that contains their labels.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Christina1 wrote:
>
> > I have made a scatter plot using columns B and C as my x and y coordinates. I
> > would like to use the data in column A to label my points. I already have the
> > XY chart labeler 97 installed and selected, but I don't know how to get the
> > data labels to show up on my graph.
> >
> > Thank you!

Christina,

To activate the chart labeler, click once on the chart you want to label.
Go to the standard toolbar and select Tools -> XY Chart Labels -> Add Chart
Labels.  A dialog box should appear with three input boxes.  The first input
box is titled "Select a Data Series to Label".  Choose the series that you
want to label here - the box will show the series names.  The second input
box is titled "Select a Label Range" - is self explanatory - choose the range
that contains the data that you want to show on your chart as labels.  Last,
you can choose the position of the labels if you want.  Finally, hit the OK
button and your labels should appear on your chart.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Christina1" wrote:

> Jon, thank you.
>
> What I was trying to say is that I already have Bovey's XY chart labeler. I
> don't know how to apply it. I am still making scatterplots and hoping to add
> labels. I have Bovey's product selected under Format/Add-ins. Working in
> excel, what is the process (i.e., what menus do I pull down) of selecting the
> labels and making them appear?
>
> Thanks,
> Christina
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > Hi Christina -
> >
> > There are a couple of well written Excel add-ins you can download to do
> > this:
> >
> > Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
> > John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
> >
> > Both are free downloads, they install easily, and they integrate into
> > Excel's interface very nicely. They let you select a series, then select
> > the range that contains their labels.
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Peltier Technical Services
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > http://PeltierTech.com/
> > _______
> >
> > Christina1 wrote:
> >
> > > I have made a scatter plot using columns B and C as my x and y coordinates. I
> > > would like to use the data in column A to label my points. I already have the
> > > XY chart labeler 97 installed and selected, but I don't know how to get the
> > > data labels to show up on my graph.
> > >
> > > Thank you!

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Transformation of data into columns

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Data Validation List not showing

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...

unique with 2 columns

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Unable to Add account to PrivUserGroup
On installation of MS CRM 1.2 on an Server 2003 machine, I am getting the error message: Setup was unable to install CRM Server Setup was unable to add the account to PrivUserGroup in Active Directory. Unknown Error (80005000) This happens pretty far into the installation process. Any clues on what is causing this? Thanks, Paul Hi Paul! <bushie_40@hotmail.com> schrieb > Setup was unable to install CRM Server > Setup was unable to add the account to PrivUserGroup in Active > Directory. > Unknown Error (80005000) Not sure, perhaps: Microsoft Business Solutions CRM ins...