How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?

I have created a Gantt chart in Excel.  I would like to indicate a specific
date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many
days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks.  I have attempted
to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not
seem to be compatible.
0
Steve3367 (862)

Hi,

See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm
pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Add-on for Pet Shop
Hi, Is there an Add-On For RMS designed for Pet Shops??? Thanks, Sacha Sacha, I have talked to DRS(Digital Retail Solutions)about that very same thing. They have responded to me by asking what I would like in a pet store bundle(they currently have a bundle for bicycle shops), basically a wish list. I haven't had the time to think about it a whole lot, so I haven't got back to them yet. I was also concerned about the cost if I was the only one interested in such a module. Contact me at craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com and maybe we could come up with a wish list for such a ...

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Flag a date in Excel
I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will tur red so that I can follow it up. I have seen it done but don't know ho to do it. Please hel ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try using conditional formatting: Select the cell(s) Click Format > conditional formatting Put the settings "Under Condition 1" as : Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10 Click Format button > Font tab > Color > Red > OK Click OK -- hth ...

charts #18
I am trying to have the data on the y-axis appear exactly as it does in my source. I would like it to say 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, 3:00 AM, etc. It keeps appearing with random numbers (12:57AM, 1:24 AM, 3:17 AM. How can I change this? Diane: Take a look at your Y Axis Format Axis menu. Go to Scale tab. What is your major interval? Excel treats time as a fraction of a day, so 1 hour is actually (1/24), 3 hours is (3/24), etc. To get your intervals to show in 1, 2 or 3 hour increments, calculate the decimal equivalent for the hourly interval you want. For 2 hours, it would be (2/24 = 0.083333...

Excell attachement do no shows up
I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to open it. I do have Office 2003, but never have used Excell. Any advise on how to find the attachemnt? Thanks in advance. Octavio, This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not an Excel newsgroup. That said, are you sure that the sender actually attached the file? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, ...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

in publisher 03 wont print lines and drawings
in publisher 2003 i have line and drawings on my page that i have insterted on and when i print they dont appear,? is there a setting i have to set or anything? Hi Matty, Is your printer driver current? Are images printing or is it just lines and drawings? If no image is printing you might have the graphics printing disabled. In the print dialogue, click Advanced Print Settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, check Print full-resolution linked graphics. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your model printer and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mic...

Borders Don't Line up with Cells.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I have used borders of different types to highlight cells. However, recently the horizontal borders aren't working correctly. The lines don't match the text. The spacing of the line is bigger than the spacing of the text, and so the lines run through the text. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? I have tried two different printers and have the same problem, so I don't think it is a printer driver problem. Thanks. Michael ...

Problem inserting in-line images
I am using Word 2003. Generally when I want to insert an image in a document I successfully use Insert..Picture...from file. I can then right click and add a caption is I want to. This is the preferred setting for me as i like to be able to easily add text before and after the picture. Hence my default settting (under Options...Edit) is 'Insert/paste pictures... Inline with text. I am having a problem with one particular document today (and I have seen it occasionally in the past) when I use the above method but the image gets hidden behind the text above. If I open a new...

need to combine two charts
I have rainfall charts in seperate worksheets 2005;2006 etc in data format by month and amount with totals for each month. I would like to have one chart (additional) where the information from the two or more chart sheets is combined with a chart showing the monthly amounts for each year by month bar. Hope this is clear enough. Phill pcostello@aopa.com.au ...

Locking Chart in Place
Is there a way to lock a chart in place so that it cannot be dragged from its current location? ...

Can I move Excel 2002 from my laptop to my desktop
My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both computers. They are networked. You cannot 'move' Excel, or copy it. You have to install from the original CDs. If you don't have them you'd have to acquire them or you might be out of luck. -- Jim "X_Drive" <X_Drive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AA36E6-D7E2-4060-A661-1601C6879D41@microsoft.com... | My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both | computers. They are networked. ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

CSV in Word==>Excel....?
I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by commas, that I would like to separate into different cells.....Is this possible? If so, how Thank you Matthew After you import the data, you could use Data>'Text to Columns' to separate the data. If it's not the last column in the imported data, move it temporarily, or insert sufficient blank columns to its right, to accommodate the split data. Matthew wrote: > I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by comm...

Cell wrap is inaccurate; lots of cells with extra blank lines.
I always get lots of cells whose text Excel 2002 wraps wrongly on the screen. It sizes them too high, displaying an extra blank last line in those cells. What's going on? (Is cell wrap is based on, say, your installed printer? And Excel wraps correctly for the printer but not the screen? Yet, my Print Preview is showing the wrong wrapping too. Of course, my experience is that even when Print Preview is wrong, the printed page often comes out fine. And of course Excel can't control what happens to the print job once it leaves the PC. And if it IS about the print image, can't I ...

Grouping on a chart
I thought this was going to be a simple task but it has escalated beyond the boundries of my mathmatical knowledge. Which isn't saying much. I am trying to make a chart based on these items. vehicle - (this is just an ID Number) puDate - (this is the date the vehicle was received) rDate - (this is the date the vehicle was returned) duration - (this is the amount of time the vehicle was out) I am getting this data from an access query so here is more data that I can retreive if it helps in any way. cStart - (this is the date where I want the chart to start. ex. Value Y axis scale Min) ...

How to remove a program from Windows XP without using Add/Remove program
A couple of years ago I had trouble removing "Dynamics GP 10.0" using the Add/Remove program. I stumbled onto an article that showed me an alternative method of removing installed programs from Windows without using the Add/Remove program. I launched some native application on Windows that listed all the installed programs and was able to remove it that way (without messing with the registry). I cannot recall what that application or folder is. Anyone know what I am talking about? I am not talking about a 3rd party application. Thanks. Nergock wrote: > A couple of...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

Pie of Pie Chart
Here is the dat Above A- 6.3 BBB- to BBB+ 8.0 Below BBB- 27.9 Non Rated 57.8 Investment Grade 16.4 Non-Investment Grade 83.6 The last two are to be shown on the second chart of pie of pie chart. I tried but it created a new category "other" on its own in the first chart. Can some one tell me how to do it right? OR is it a glitch in EXCEL XL works as intended. Once the pie-of-pie chart is created, double- click the plotted series in the chart. In the resulting dialog box, select the Options tab. With the 'Split series by' set to Posit...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Excel 2003 charting circular or spherical coordinates
Long time user of Excel, long time issue: Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical coordinates? I have Excel 2003. Scott - Go to the charting section of Stephen Bullen's web site: http://oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look for FunChrt6.zip, which shows how to use polar coordinates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Scott @ Nordion wrote: > Long time user of Excel, long time issue: > Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical...