How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?

I have created a Gantt chart in Excel.  I would like to indicate a specific
date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many
days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks.  I have attempted
to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not
seem to be compatible.
0
Steve3367 (862)

Hi,

See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm
pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

why scrolling Excel Spreadsheet is so slow....
my config: Chinese WinXP Pro Chinese Office XP if open the same file in this config: Eng WinXP Pro Eng Office XP the file scrolling is very fast so strange... ...

Using Excel to input survey Information- How do I put checks against myself?
I need to make certain cells accept only "x" and nothing else. I have no idea why this is becoming such a difficulty. Also, I have data sets in there own colum. I need to mark an "x" under yes, no, or not sure. However, if I move too fast, I might put an "x" under yes and not sure. Is there any way to check for that? This sheet is going to get quite large, and manual rechecking will be a huge pain. Anyone have any idea's? Oh! I'm running Excel 2002. -- kinjour ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kinjour's Prof...

Select ALL + Paste function in EXCEL XP
Hi When I "Select All" in Excel copy and paste into Access XP, the only items that paste is what can be seen on screen, rather than the whole worksheet, which is should pick up. Can anyone help? Thank you ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How to add disclaimer
I need to know how to add an e-mail disclaimer to all mail accounts for out going mail for every user. We have exchange 2003 enterprise server but I'm having trouble locating where to put the disclaimer. Thanks for any help you can give on this. 123456789qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm "pain112" <pain112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2952C4AD-8096-4700-8E01-050F0972C39E@microsoft.com... > I need to know how to add an e-mail disclaimer to all mail accounts for out > going mail for every user. > We have exchange 2003 enterprise server but I'm ha...

Bar and Line plots on the same chart
Is there a way to have some data plotted as bars and other data as lines on the same chart? Appreciate any suggestiuions. Dave WinXP SP3 Office (Excel)2003 Hi, Yes, you need to plot the line as an xy-scatter in order to get the line to go vertically. with Y values being used to align the points with the bars. Cheers Andy On 12/05/2010 16:05, Dave wrote: > Is there a way to have some data plotted as bars and other data as lines on > the same chart? > > Appreciate any suggestiuions. > > Dave > WinXP SP3 Office (Excel)2003 > > -...

How do I plot multiple x-axis series in excel charts
I am plotting 3 years of survey data. Survey date is the x axis and count value is the y axis. Surveys were not conducted on exactly the same date in each year. In previous versions of excel I could convert the data to a number (i.e. julian date) Specifiy the minimum and maximum x-axis values and the data points would be diplayed at the appropriate x-value (date). However in Excell 2003 I can't seem to do this. I can't specify a scale for the x-axis and when I try and put specific values in for the x-axis excel will only use the last one entered and applies these date values to ...

true 3D bar charts possible?
Hi, all. Would anyone know if MS Excel is capable of graphing true 3D bar charts? I have 2 factors and 1 response variable. I would like to show how the response varies on the z (up) axis with changes in the 2 factors on the x and y axes (along and into the monitor screen and/or printout). If anyone knows, could you please let me know how to do this? TIA, Bob Hi Robert, The x and y axes are category type on a 3d chart. Only the z axis is a value. Your data may allow you to work around this limitation. Robert Kim wrote: > Hi, all. Would anyone know if MS Excel is capable of graphi...

Linking a report to Excel
I am linking a report to excel & trying to loop through labels on the report labeled lbl20 - 27 & txt20-27. My report comes up blank when there is data in excel. My code below is lengthy but I figured it was helpful to see it all: Do While ClosingCount <= 27 And PercentVAR > 4.49 / 100 XLAPP.Windows("TotalErrors.xls").Activate XLAPP.sheets("Summary").Select XLAPP.Range("B" & CellNum).Select PercentVAR = XLAPP.activecell If XLAPP.activecell >= 4.49 / 100 Then XLAPP.activecell.Offset(rowOffset:=0, columnOffset:...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

How can I sort text (in excel) while ignoring articles (e.g., the
I work in a library and want to sort lists of CD titles. I want to sort the list alphabetically while ignoring articles (e.g., the, a, an) when they appear as the first word in the title. Hi I don't think you can do this. what might work is to include the names in an adjacent column an eliminate the articles, then sort on that. For example, this formula will eliminate the words "The ", "An " and " " from the left of the text in cell A1 (note the addition of a spac after the word in the formula, to prevent all words begining with "A being cropped): ...

Need One Excel Template to copy to TWO Databases
Here's the problem: Right now I have a one template (.xlt) and one excel database (.xls) that works fine. Now I want to create a second database so tha whenever I enter in information into the template, it creates a copy i both excel databases. I could just create a new duplicate database and a duplicate templat but that would require me entering in the information twice. Since enter in a lot of information, this is very undesirable. Anyone please help me figure out how to link one template (.xlt) to excel database files (.xls) Steps already taken: When the template wizard asked ...

How to align the bottom lines of 2-column pages?
I have compiled a bi-lingual dictionary (left to right and right to left) using Word 2007; with the result that the bottom lines of a 2-column page cannot be aligned; understandably so. Now, I want to import the documents to Microsoft Publisher 2007, where I know that aligning those bottom lines together can be done - but how? Any help offered will be much appreciated! How are you planning to export the text from Word? How many columns per page? Will your dictionary be in booklet form? Are your definitions in two different Word files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.or...

Excel GETPIVOTDATA and Analysis Services
I have a problem with get GETPIVOTDATA, and getting data from an Analysis Services cube. When you drill down quite far, GETPIVOTDATA starts to display "#N/A", this seems to be because GETPIVOTDATA is cutting the 'variables' short. e.g. GETPIVOTDATA has the following: =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Value]",$A$3,"[IS Structure TEST]","[IS Structure TEST].[All IS Structure].[RETAINED INCOME].[NET INCOME BEFORE TAXATION AND AFTER INDIRECT COST].[NET INCOME BEFORE TAXATION AND BEFORE INDIRECT COST].[OPERATING INCOME].[NON-INTEREST INCOME].[CHEQUE ACCOUN...

Generating XML from Excel
Hello, I have a question about how to use the XML export functionality in Excel 2003. I have a schema that I am using to map to colmns in Excel. That works great and I can export in a basic test. The problem comes in when I try to add in columns that should be child nodes of the existing row. I am not sure if I am using all the correct terminology. Here is an example. If you have a spreadsheet as follows: Name ID Hair Color CName VName CName VName Ted 1 Brown Level Mgr Area 12 I need the XML to map to: <user> <name>Ted</nam...

how to create a data view in excel for customers
I am new to excel and can print out my entire customer info as a list, but is there a way to create a page for each customer with just their information on an individual page? I'd like to have each customer's information on their own page to print out for my binder. hi, Lisa ! > I am new to excel and can print out my entire customer info as a list, but > is there a way to create a page for each customer with just their information on an individual page? > I'd like to have each customer's information on their own page to print out for my binder. ...

Charting a Frequency Distribution
Greetings, math and Excel wizards! Looking for an idea on how to convert random data into bins of magnitude vs frequency of occurrence, then chart the data. Specifically 1. Data: Electrical demand values for a manufacturing facility, in 15-minute intervals, for an entire month. Data is basically a time-marked stream of kilowatts vs date/time 2. Goal: Create a data set and corresponding chart of kilowatts vs frequency of occurrence. The abscissa will be frequency of occurrence, from 1 (where the single, maximum peak value occurs) to several hundred. The ordinate will be the kilowatt va...

import dbase into excel XP limitations
I imported successfully a dbase iv db with excel XP but the db has about 95000 records and excel can only show about 65000. I tried to import it as a database with a filter that would show the remaining 30000 records but it only shows the headers. I even tried to open it in access 2000 but stil I can only view the headers. How can I access the last 30000 records ? Precision: The dbf file opens with Excel XP and shows all records only via File/Open. Using the import data function shows only the headers and no records... "chris" <p8200_NOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message n...

How do I show the whole chart?
All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any suggestions? Format Axis/ Scale -- David Biddulph "TuttiFlutieOboist" <TuttiFlutieOboist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:990E5838-01D1-45C8-80D1-65E40CF3DFEE@microsoft.com... > All of my values in my graph are negative, so my chart only shows the 3rd > quadrant, but I'd like to make my graph show all four quadrants. Any > suggestions? ...

How to control chart properties from worksheet
Hello experts! Is it possible to control the chart properties from the worksheet? I know it is possible to control legend texts (series names). I am especially interested in controlling the ranges of series. How to control the title and other texts on the chart would be also useful. Best regards, Marko Marko - You can control the length of the series by creating dynamic ranges and using these as the data range for each series. See the examples and links here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html You can link a chart text element to a worksheet cell easily. Select the...

directly emailing word or excel document
From either Word or Excel 2007 - File - Send as email attachment I get the error Logon Failed, you must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. I am using Windows Live Mail and have set thjis as my defalt email program ...

Holidays Don't Add to Calendar
How in the Sam Hill do I get Entourage to add Holidays to the Calendar? I have updated and re-booted. I've searched high and low (Help and Forums) but I end up being directed back to the Import menu to follow the directions. That doesn't work. Entourage says it has added Holidays, but they don't appear. I'm afraid I'm suffering the ID-10-T error. Any tips? On 2/21/10 6:08 PM, Paul Creger wrote: > How in the Sam Hill do I get Entourage to add Holidays to the Calendar? I > have updated and re-booted. I've searched high and low (Help and Forums) &g...

How to create a chart with two set of data
case 1) x values and two values in three columns side by side: Select all three columns of data and make chart case 2) x values and one y-value are in neighbouring columns but second y-range is elsewhere: Select x and first y; hold CTRL; select second y; make chart case 3) two sets of x and y values: make chart from first set; select second set and Copy; activate chart; use Edit | Paste Special | New Series (check the box for x-values in first column) Hope this covers it. Please use the white space to ask questions in detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http:/...

Excel 2010 PivotTable Oddity
Hi All, I have a very strange excel issue I was able to reproduce on two computers using Excel 2010. To reproduce the issue, do the following: 1. Paste the following info into a new Excel file: Type Amount Invoice 616 Cheque -616 Invoice 199.36 Cheque -199.36 Invoice 199.36 Invoice 67.2 Invoice 71.19 Cheque -337.75 Invoice 84 Invoice 100.8 Invoice 100.8 Invoice 106.51 Cheque -392.11 2. Create a PivotTable from this data. 3. Set up your PivotTable like this: i. Row Labels - Type ii. Values - Sum of Amount 4. Look at the Grand Total number On my systems, it's showing the grand total i...

How to add columns to the end of a spreadsheet--(last col is IV)?
I've inherited a spreadsheet that has an ending column labeled as IV--somehow everything after that column was deleted. This spreadsheet is used to track my staff's daily time activity for the year and I need a column for each workday. It currently ends in the middle of October. I need to add/insert columns for the rest of October, November, and December. I'm trying to insert new columns, but I keep getting the message: Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. I've followed the instructions to delete the rows and columns from my last nonblank cel...

Split Name Field in Excell
I have a single name field that has both the first and last name of some clients. How can I separate each name and create separate fields for each? Hi crystal the easiest place to start is by using data / text to columns ... insert a couple of spare columns to the right of the column you want to split select the column to split choose data / text to columns ensure delimited is selected - press next untick tab, tick space press finish let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "crystal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5cf901c474b7$77d4abc0$a...