How do I add an additional X axis in a chart

I have a chart that needs two sets of data to be presented relative to a
fixed Y.  My 'Y' axis is 'fixed' (in this case depth)  the X axis
values/series need two seperate scales (in this case 1, pressure readings and
2, an arbitrary point value.)  Ideally I would like the pressure axis (1st X)
to be at the top of the chart, arbitrary point values along the bottom (2nd
X) of the chart.

The chart is a standard type - XY scatter

Thanks for any help or ideas
0
Jollybox (2)

Add both series to chart.

Move one to secondary y-axis (double-click series, select Axis tab,
select 'Secondary')

Select Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab.  Turn on the option for
secondary x axis and turn off the option for secondary y axis.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <E04AA751-B6D5-4A92-9AE3-91D5AD526B29@microsoft.com>,
Jollybox@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a chart that needs two sets of data to be presented relative to a
> fixed Y.  My 'Y' axis is 'fixed' (in this case depth)  the X axis
> values/series need two seperate scales (in this case 1, pressure readings and
> 2, an arbitrary point value.)  Ideally I would like the pressure axis (1st X)
> to be at the top of the chart, arbitrary point values along the bottom (2nd
> X) of the chart.
>
> The chart is a standard type - XY scatter
>
> Thanks for any help or ideas

Thanks for your helpful reply!  The chart problem has been solved.  I added
the 'second' series data to the secondary Y axis, flipped the X and Y's of
the other sets so the both data series are now on the Y, I discovered one can
only have one X axis scale, then all I do is twist my head 90deg, annotate
the chart and print it out in landscape.  Once bound, the chart is in
portrait, so reads perfectly!  The only thing left now is to be able to have
five or six data series on the same axis with different scales and life would
be perfect! :)

Thanks

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> Add both series to chart.
>
> Move one to secondary y-axis (double-click series, select Axis tab,
> select 'Secondary')
>
> Select Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab.  Turn on the option for
> secondary x axis and turn off the option for secondary y axis.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <E04AA751-B6D5-4A92-9AE3-91D5AD526B29@microsoft.com>,
> Jollybox@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > I have a chart that needs two sets of data to be presented relative to a
> > fixed Y.  My 'Y' axis is 'fixed' (in this case depth)  the X axis
> > values/series need two seperate scales (in this case 1, pressure readings and
> > 2, an arbitrary point value.)  Ideally I would like the pressure axis (1st X)
> > to be at the top of the chart, arbitrary point values along the bottom (2nd
> > X) of the chart.
> >
> > The chart is a standard type - XY scatter
> >
> > Thanks for any help or ideas

0
Jollybox (2)

x.asp file in Clip Organizer
All of a sudden my search results in the Publ 2002 Clip Organizer shows some thumbnails displayed correctly as usual, but MANY thumnails w/a "x.asp" ID in the middle. No image. MS Publisher 2002, W2000Pro, PaintShop Pro 8. Any ideas where to start? Thanks Richard Empty your cache, right-click your browser icon, properties, delete files or within IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Richard S." <rstock2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5d4b01c35781$7e45fee0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Add best 3 of 4 numbers
Looking to add the best 3 of 4 numbers in a spreadsheet. Can not seem to figure out when all 4 of the numbers are the same. GE Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "GE" <GE@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7C3F6B2D-3EAA-40EA-BC9C-2FA1F19C2AE6@microsoft.com... > Looking to add the best 3 of 4 numbers in a spreadsheet. Can not seem to > figure out when all 4 of the numbers are the same. > > GE GE, Either Frank's =SUM(LARGE(A1:A4,{1,2,3})) or my =SUM(A1:A4) - MIN(A1:A4) will work in that case. HTH, Be...

X axis lables on a + and
I have a line graph which has both positive and negative numbers. The problem is that I want to show the X axis labels on the graph but the labels get thrown in the middle of the graph on the zero line and I want them on the bottom, is there anyway I can do this (I'm sure there is!) For example if I have profit by month for 12 months I would have 01 100K 02 -500K 03 250K 04 100K 05 -100K etc... And If I wanted to graph that I should show the 01, 02,03 at the very bottom of the graph, not in the middle. Thanks in advance! Chad - Double click on the axis, and on the Patterns tab, sel...

How to write a macro to modify an Excel chart
I want to "record" a macro that, for example, changes the line styles on an Excel chart. I tried by selecting the chart, then clicking on "record macro", manually changing the line style, and then clicking on "stop recording". But then when I tried to use the macro it wouldn't do anything. When I edited the macro there was no code, just the comment lines giving the shortcut. Is it possible to use the "record" feature for macros that work with charts, or must one start with the VB editor? Thanks, Henry -- leave well enough alone Hi, Here ...

When saving add automatically contents of a specified cell in document properties
Hello, Looking for help on the following: When I save my worksheet, I would like the contents of a specified cel to be copied in the document properties. More specifically in the fiel 'key words' in the properties. I tried to create a macro but it does not record to copy text from cell in the field 'key words' in the document properties. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Nadi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Please post in one group See answer in Misc -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Nadia >" <<Nadia.15...

How do I create a gnatt chart in Excell
I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. Gantt Charts in Microsoft Excel http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Candie" <Candie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E570B3-17C1-4F59-AF8F-F781262890F8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a milestone chart with the timeline on the X axis. ...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

functions in charts
Is it possible to enter a user-defined function (that returns an array) for values in a chart instead of specifying a range in the worksheet? Joe - You can specify a named range, with the formula built in. See the Dynamic Chart examples and links on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html A good example of a formula in a named range can be found on Stephen Bullen's site: http://bmsltd.co.uk Look for the ChtFmla.xls example. Tushar mehta has a similar example on his site: http://tushar-mehta.com In VBA it's possible to assign an a...

Add Avery labels in Word
How do you add more Avery labels in the Tools/Letters and Mailings/Envelopes and Labels menu? Yup, they're correct, but I have to add one thing. If you need to create pinfeed labels, be sure to click on continuous feed radio button in the label options dialog box. Just in case you're looking for those kind of labels. 'www.macolabels.com' (http://www.macolabels.com) -- checkme197 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ checkme197's Profile: 1303 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=158809 ...

Plotting a datapoint on an existing Line chart
Hi all. I have a line chart, for the sake of simplicity, lets say th line chart depicts the garph of y = x. What I need to do now is displa a particular point on this line, lets says (2,2). How can I add thi point so that I lies on the line chart? Also, what I would like to d is have a horizontal line connecting the point to the y-axis and vertical line connecting to the x-axis. On top of that, the vertica line from the x-axis will have the corresponding x value of the poin (2) displayed and the vertical line will display the corresponding value (also 2). The additional complexity is that t...

Make Excel add
I need a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO" (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN. Something like that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say. Thanks In cell AO1, put this formula and copy and paste it as far down column AO as you need.......... =AN1+1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bman" wrote: > I need a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO" > (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN. Something like > that, I hope somebody understands w...

Outlook menu and tool bars freezing, and add-ins
In April 2004, "Alex" posted this: once in a while the toolbar/menubar (where File, Edit, Tools, etc menus are located & the Send/Receive, new, reply, forward buttons are located) just freezes. It does not react if i move the mouse over it & it does nothing if i click on one of the buttons, however the rest of outlook works fine... this usually goes away if i close & open outlook which i usually have to do thru end task... sometimes i even have to restart the PC to be able to use the menu again... There was never any remedy posted, and the topic has been removed by a mod...

sumif but additionally there maybe filtering
Hi, Column A | Column B | Column C .... | 100 | $ .... | 50 | € .... | 60 | $ =sumif(C1:C3;"$";B1:B3) No problem until this point. But, when I appply some filtration in column A, I need the sum to change. When I write the formula as above, the sum does not change after filtration. Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Hi, Try this =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10="$"),SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(B1:B10,ROW(B1:B10)-MIN(ROW(B1:B10)),0,1))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the ...

Add the ability to update Kit Components in eConnect
We have the need to update Kits in GP where the original kit was originally setup incorrectly. The current eConnect stored procedure is taCreateKitItemRcd. As you can see from the name, it only creates and does not allow updates if it exists. The message fails. We are going to add some code to our taCreateKitItemRcdPre stored procedure to help us accomplish our goal. We would rather not write or maintain this code, but we will for now. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

inverting the y axis
Is there any way that I can plot a line chart of accidents per month, with the y axis going from 20 UP to zero, instead of the normal zero to 20 ? thanks in advance, Bob -- bob777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=508937 Hi, Rightclick on the y axis --> "Format Axis" --> select "Scale" Tab and check "Values in reverse order" --> "OK" Regard...

How do I make a pie chart with 42 answers that shows % each out of
I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? Please give us more details, -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "brmg" wrote: > I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one > answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? ...

Autoshapes within a chart
I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of a bar chart to denote a highlighted section of a timespan. I can get the transparent autoshape in the chart but I can't get it to move behind the bars. Can anybody help? Many thanks Renee Hi Renee, I don't think you will be able to do that. Instead have a look at Jon's example of quadrent area. You should be able to adapt this technique to give you a highlighted section. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html) Renee wrote: > I want to place a transparent box behind the bars of...

how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data
I have a worksheet with ten charts on it. I need to copy the worksheet with all its data and related charts to new sheets or files so I have a page for every day, with different data entered every day. But when I copy the worksheet with embedded charts and paste it into a new file, the charts pull their source data from the original worksheet, not the new one. The source data Value box is written as such, ='03-09-10'!$D$12 any ideas? Hi Esty, Probably wont help you, but I had similar problem, I posted few days ago. Didn't resolved it yet, but Jon suggested ...

How can one add submenus in Excel 2003?
In previous versions of Excel there was a menu editor which allowed to add submenus to a menu. Is this not possible in Excell 2003? All the help flies I consulted were completely useless!! Many thanks for help Herwig Hi Herwig Help Flies can be like that on bad days <bg> See if http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbacb is of any relevance. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Herwig" <Herwig@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:82578599-65F3-454B-BEC1-CD49CC17CD9C@microsoft.com... > In previous versions of Excel there was a menu editor which allowed t...

Chart/Graph colours
My graph colours have all changed to a wishy washy mix of the same colour. I know updates happen on a regular basis, but how can I get back to selecting nice bold colours for my charts without having to revert to selecting each data series and recolouring them individually. Hi Try to reset the colour pallette Tools > Options > Select "Colour" Tab > Reset Regards Rajesh Mehmi rajesh@mehmi.net "redford01" <redford01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A782B3F1-D58C-4953-BEE0-9A66CC20FDD5@microsoft.com... > My graph colours have all cha...

Is it possible to add further contacts to the quick campaign after
Hy, Why is it not possible to add more contacts to the quick campaign after it started. Do I make something wrong? Antonio Yes. 1. Go under: WorkPlace->My Work-> Activities 2. Create a new activity that matches the one from your Quick Campaign, Lets Say Phone Call. 3. Enter the same subject in your new phone call as the ones used in the Quick Campaign, as well as another other data that should match the existing Phone calls. 4. the Recipient should be the contact you wanted to add. 5. On the Regarding field, launch the lookup, change "look for" to "Quick Campaign&q...

Can't edit charts
For some reason, I can't edit any of the charts in an Excel 2007 file. I can't left-click or righ-click. Is the file "shared"? Are sheet grouped together? Have the sheets or charts been protected? Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Anawynn" <Anawynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB71D11-1CE5-4175-B4FF-BD9292C187A3@microsof...

How Do I Chart This in Microsoft Access?
Hello, I have the following simple data: Company Monthly Sales Percentage OF Total Sales ------------- -------------------- ---------------------------------------- Bakery $50,000 0.50 Carpenter $25,000 0.25 Plumber $25,000 0.25 I would like to create some sort of a graph or chart in Microsoft Access that will show all three fields. When I try to create a pie chart or column chart it just gives me either the "company and t...

How to enlarge chart size for viewing?
I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did not occupy the whole sheet instead only a small portion in the centre which is abit too small to view. How can I resize it? If you move the cursor over one of the square black blocks on a side, or in a corner, of the chart, the cursor will turn to a resizing arrow. -- David Biddulph "GOH" <GOH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:154DCB76-95A3-4ADE-9AB9-AA8E3AAA3BD6@microsoft.com... >I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did > not occupy the whol...

Efficient Chart Macro
I am using the below procedure (copy from Record Macro) to generate 1 graphs, each graph has 4 rows X 50 columns, by supplying ranges o data. In my opinion, the code is not very efficient because it take quite wait to plot and during the process of plotting a chart, it redraws th chart many times. Is there any codes that I can be omitted or rearranged to make it plo faster? Appreciate your help. Sub PlotProgressCurve(pSect As String, pRangeDate As String, pRangeN As String) Dim tRangeDate, tRangeNo As String Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLineMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData S...