How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?

Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a
way to add the 2nd axis?
0
dangelor (1)

Hi,

This is chart type dependent.  Suppose you have a line chart, right click
the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be
available.

What type of chart are you using?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a
> way to add the 2nd axis?

Recreate Chart of accounts
We created the chart of accounts for a new company and there are a few transactions went through and posted. Then later we designed to change the segments of the GL accounts. That means a new set of COA is needed. The transactions posted is not a concern for us and they can be reentered. But GP won't allow us to delete if posted transactions exist. Is there any way to delete the old set of COA? Thanks! In the same company you would need to purge the history and reconcile to clear the account summaries. Alternatively, you could create a new company and copy the setup to it, if there'...

Pivot table export data to table format
I have a pivot table with the row heading listed once for multiple crosstab line items. I need to use this data for a report that will list the row heading on each row for each cross tab line item. Is this possible? I have tried everything... nothing seems to work. You can't get the heading labels to repeat in the pivot table. You could copy the pivot table, and paste as values on a different sheet in the workbook. Then, fill the blank cells, and format the copy of the pivot table. There are instructions here for filling in the blank cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntr...

Importing Outlook emails into an Access table
I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get External Data -> Import -> Select Files Of Type Outlook() etc... using the wizard but can this be done systemically via VBA code similarly to transfer text. I actually need to import data from a group account at work. I have searched hi and low through the Newsgroups and web and have found nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all in advance, Markco NEWSGROUPS wrote: > I know that I can import data from my Outlook inbox by going to File -> Get > External Data -> Import -...

Logarithmic Scale for the X-Axis
I am currently using Excel 2007 and need to make a semi-log scale with the x-axis in log scale. I only see an option to make the y-axis logarithmic under the format axis menu. Is there anyone that can help? Thanks in advance. Hi, You need to use XY-Scatter chart type in order to have X axis using a Log scale. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF53B12C-79D6-4366-B20F-3FE0485D4BA7@microsoft.com... >I am currently using Excel 2007 and need to make a semi-log scale with ...

Help setting the gridlines on a XY Scatter chart with vba
I want to format the gridlines but I get an error claiming it can't change the MinimumScale. Here is the format I would like to use for the gridlines .MinimumScale = 0 .MaximumScale = 5 .MinorUnitIsAuto = True .MajorUnit = 1.667 .Crosses = xlAutomatic .ReversePlotOrder = False .ScaleType = xlLinear .DisplayUnit = xlNone Here is my code Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Sheets("Report").Activate Dim WS As Worksheet Dim Cht As Chart Dim Rng As Range Dim iRow As Long Set WS = ActiveSheet Set Cht = Charts.Add Cht.C...

Bar Chart 2007 Excel
Here is my data: Issues Start End Duration Foundation Design 22-Dec-04 23-Aug-06 609 Stone Cladding 16-Nov-04 3-Jul-06 594 Security W & D 4-May-05 15-Dec-05 225 (The 4 columns are Issues, Start, End, Duration) I want a bar chart with issues on the left side & dates at the bottom. I would like the bars to start on the start date & extend to the end date. Is this possible with a bar chart or another type chart? I cannot get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have just put a chart up for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item...

Excel charts #18
How do I make the tick marks on the x-axis of a chart go from zero to my highest point at even intervals instead of at intervals even with the rows of data I entered? If your X-axis data are values, not category names, then use an XY chart (confusingly named scatter). -- David Biddulph "HELP WITH CHEM LAB" <HELP WITH CHEM LAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CA442CD-E0F7-418D-BC7C-A91A51AA3A39@microsoft.com... > How do I make the tick marks on the x-axis of a chart go from zero to my > highest point at even intervals instead of at intervals even wi...

Display Negative Time Values on Y-Axis
I'm plotting timed events against a set schedule (actual lap times vs predicted times) and am calculating the difference and plotting the results. In Excel 2003, I would use the 1904 Date System (Tools, Options, Calculation tab) to display negative time values and then force the chart to link to the source data to determine the format. It would display positive and negative time values on the y-axis In Excel 2007, changing to 1904 date system will show negative time values in the spreadsheet AND will plot negative points on a chart, but WILL NOT DISPLAY NEGATIVE TIME VALUES ON THE Y-AXI...

Dynamic Chart Scaling Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have finally figured out how to dynamically scale a chart that links to a table that can change by have the trailing cells empty. <br><br>The Table has two rows and 16 columns C6:R6 are dates and C7:R7 are numbers. When any of the cells at the end of the table are blank such as Q6 and R6 being blank I want the chart to only plot 14 data points. I should add C6:R7 are all formulas that reference another place in the work book. <br><br>That I did is define names Where the name &quot;NBCL&a...

How do I add a shortcut to an Outlook Bar?
We have been using Public Calendars when people wanted to be able to look at other users' calendars. We are now looking at a process where we share the user's local calendar in Outlook. We can get to the calendar using File/Open/Other User's FOlder... . However, what we need is a folder added to the reviewer's Outlook Bar that will display the other person's calendar. Can you point me to how o do this? I've been trying and reviewing MS docs with niot much success. TIA, Hank Arnold We use outlook team calendar. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Famil...

Programatically add an attachment to an Email
I am trying to integrate MSCRM with SharePoint and need to build a web service that creates a CRM Email Activity (easy to do) then attach a document from a SharePoint Document Libary to the activity. I am struggling to find any information on how to programatically upload and attachment to an activty.. Looking in the /MSCRMServices/ folder it would appear that there are some undocumented web services available (e.g.ActivityAttachmentUpload.srf and ActivityAttchmentDownload.srf) that might do the job, but without any documentation, they are not useful. Does anyone have a code sample I ...

Report Writer
I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency Contact report. Can this be done? I looked but could not find a way to do it through Report Writer. I'm sure there must be a way but it'll take some more looking. It would be much easier to build a report using SmartList Builder or a different report writer. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bob Harrison" wrote: > I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency > Contact report. Can this be done? ------=_NextPart_0001_8D212269 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

Vertical Line on a 2Y axes chart
How can I have a vertical line extended all the way in a line chart that have 2 Y axes? I have been using the horizontal/vertical line techniques without any issue until now, when my current chart carry values in KGs in the primary Y axis, and the same values in Lbs in the secondary axis. If I check out the secondary axis, the line will extend all the way, but I will lose my Lbs values. If I leave it checked, the line will cut short half way! Any trick to by pass this? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. ...

Dynamic Zoom and scaling Charts
Hi, A while back I had copied a sample dynamic chart that both zoomed and scaled and dynamically selected data to display. Since then I had to reimage my PC and I lost that sample chart. Does anyone know where I find find the sample chart or any other ones that function the same way. Jack If it did not involve an VBA programming, probably from Stephen Bullen's examples at http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting Might have been a single one or a combination of ideas from two or more examples. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, Powe...

Combo Chart of stacked columns and line
Hello, is there a custom chart template that will show data as a combination of stacked columns and line in the same chart. I have data from two different areas of the company that I would like to put in the stacked columns (so the data shows individually but also a total for both areas together) and I have a goal for this kind of data that I would like to show as a line graph. Any suggestions, solutions are greatly appreciated. TIA. BR, Antje Crawford Plot all the data as a stacked column. Then, on the chart select the plotted series that you want as a line chart. With it selected, s...

Pivot table calculated field
I am using a Pivot table to get the total amount of orders to customer from a database. I have built the pivot table with a calculated field since the total amount for each order is missing in the database. The calculated field = no of products * price per product For each specific order Excel calculates the row correct. For the total of each customer and for the pivot table Grand total i seems as Excel is calculating like this: (sum of all prices) * (sum of all numbers of products) = Total pe customer (& Grand total) Is there a way to change the way Excel calculates the totals? If ...

Printing a Column Chart
Using Word 2007. Print a bar chart as in DOCX format - the background color in one of the columns of a chart is missing. Same document saved as a DOC file, it prints fine. Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

Protecting Formulas in Tables
In Excel 2007 I have a formatted table, 10 columns wide, in which 5 of the columns have formulas. There is a nice feature in Excel 2007 that allows me to type a value in a cell which is directly beneath the table and the table then expands to “consume” that value and automatically fills the remaining columns in the table with, where appropriate, the formulas. I want to protect the table so that the formulas are not inadvertently overwritten AND take advantage of this feature. However, if I lock and hide the cells, then Protect the worksheet, this feature is disabled. Ca...

Chart Font Color Disappears when copying to Powerpoint
Hi, I have a Chart Sheet which I want to copy to Powerpoint. I used to just be able to copy and paste to powerpoint and it would work perfect. Now for some reason, I loose all font colors. Not sure what has happened but if someone has an idea please let me know. I was able to get it to work properly on a Non-Chart type of sheet using Shift-Menubar-Edit-Copy Picture but that option isn't available on a chart-sheet. It's also important to note that the chart-sheet has macro buttons that I don't want copied to powerpoint. They are formatted as "Non-Printable"... Tha...

how do I permanetly add custom header to excel header list?
I would like to permanetly add a customized header/ footer to the excel header/ footer pull down list. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi create these entries in a new workbook and save this workbook as *.xlt template file. Base your new workbooks on this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "GARY" <GARY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:57177C1A-D0E9-4759-8AFC-B63CA5317363@microsoft.com... >I would like to permanetly add a customized header/ footer to the excel > header/ footer pull down list. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

Text boxes-tables using whole page
I dont even know if I can describe this. I have a word document that when viewed in print layout seperates the text boxes 1 per page. The first text box is for say a persons name and below that another box for say age.. Another box below that is for comments by the way these boxes expand as needed as more comments are added. And the last box is for reviewer and signature etc... So basically 4 input boxes printing on 4 pages when it should be 2. Interesting is the doc prints fine in portrait but needs to be in landscape and hence the formatting gets lost. I have tried to correc...

Suggestions for table or query to track movement
I have a table for employees that includes the usual description fields for employees. This is one of my master tables with the employee ID being the primary key. Then I have another table that stores all employee hours that I add on to monthly via an import from Excel (emplID is foreign key). I want to keep track of all of the employees that are new or terminate. I’d like Access to recognize if an employee is missing or new and later be able to create a report for recent new hires or terminations. I may be expecting too much and if so please give me your opinion on this. ...

NEED ADD-ON #2
Hi to all Hope someone can help I need an add-on with the following Create a credit that affects the tax table Applicable to a specific transaction So that the transaction is adjusted automatically In the account aging example CUSTOMER #- 12333 = A NAME- JOSE MORALES = B COMPANY -JMM = B ACCOUNT BAL- 1500 = B TRANS NUM- 78523 = C TRANS BALANCE AMOUNT- 107.61 = D TRANS TAX AMOUNT FOR TRANSACTION 43.61 = E ACCOUNT CREDIT 64 = F TAX CREDIT- 43.61 = G CITY 5.5 - 32.51 = H STATE 1.5 - 11.1 = I NOTES COMMENT 123 = J APPLY = K PRINT = L A=LOOK UP CUST B=AUTO FILL ...

Custom color question + smooth chart curves question
I have prepared a large number of Excel templates that have charts I pre-defined for the user. Each of the user-defined charts I set up uses colors that are non-standard (I added them into the color palette using RGB values). These custom colors conform to a corporate palette. These Excel templates were set up so that users could develop charts that they would paste into a Word template that had also been set up to conform to many of the same colors. Within Excel, I actually added the custom swatches to the palette, along the bottom row, which has room for such user-defined colors. The inten...

Aligning lines in a chart
Hi I have a chart created from three different worksheets. They are lists of defects grouped on dates, and each sheet contains one status. The x-axis has dates, the y-axis has number of defects. The problem seems to be aligning the different lines from these worksheets. The groups are not on the same dates, so I have three tables that can look like this (only first three, sorted): Date New Defects 27.05.2008 9 28.05.2008 14 29.05.2008 14 Date Fixed Defects 28.05.2008 7 29.05.2008 6 30.05.2008 8 Date Closed Defects 29....