how do i add a quadratic trendline to excel

i need to add a trendline for a quadratic equation for my math project but it
seems to me that its not available is there a way that i can do it?
im using windows XP home edition

Chart|Add Trendline
select a polynomial of order 2 then click on the Options tab and request
that Excel display the formula.

Alternately
   =LINEST(ydata,xdata^{1,2})
will give you the quadratic coefficients in a worksheet.

Jerry

moseichuk007 wrote:

> i need to add a trendline for a quadratic equation for my math project but it
> seems to me that its not available is there a way that i can do it?
> im using windows XP home edition

0
post_a_reply (1395)

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

code for auto import from excel to Access97
Thanks for the previous help. I now need some direction in setting code to automatically import data from excel into Access97. I have set up my queries for the import, and it works like a champ. Before I can run that query, I have to manually import the excell data into a specially named table. I would like a command that would allow the importing of the excel data (.csv) into the specially named table, then append that data into 3 seperate tables, which is done using my queries. I would like this command to be placed in one of my "switchboard" menus, but I don't se...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

how do i convert excel to csv format
I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs in csv format in a same file? Tks If you combine all the data into one worksheet in a new workbook, then you could save that workbook as your CSV file. Ron de Bruin has some code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm that might get you started. baxterr wrote: > > I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs > in csv format in a same file? > > Tks -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel's option menu
Every time I go into my Excel "Options" menu I get a message that states Excel.exe is being closed by Windows. Any ideas on how to correct this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;168201 XL97: Error Messages Appear Clicking Options on Tools Menu Maybe this is your problem AJ -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "AJ" <vajames@charter.net> wrote in message news:01f101c35539$303c9780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I go into my Excel "Options" menu I get a > message that states Excel.exe ...

I can not see add task in scheduled task in win server 2003
Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. I tried wth schtask and th result is this: It has prevented the user to create new tasks. I verified the permisions with cacls and all are rigth. Help! Thanks Fernando "Fernando Martinez" <FernandoMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE65D03C-E925-4FE6-9D02-DF0D3ECB0714@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. > I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. >...

OLAP and Excel question
Hi everyone, I posted this in excel.misc on the 11th Feb. No response Using Excel 2003, a cube database (extension .cub) with a pivot table. The OLAP database is 1,000 rows deep and 13 columns wide. Therefore only 13,000 cells. A PivotTable should handle this easily. When I expand all the levels, I get the following message: "Excel cannot display this PivotTable report. The row area has more than 65,536 items, or the column area has more than 16,384 items." I thought the there were only 256 columns in Excel And I thought that a pivot table could only display 8,000 elements from a ...

How do I get a cell to remember the last entry and add to it?
I am using Excel 2000. I want my cell to remember the number in it and add an additional number each time I need to retotal. Jab Sounds like you want that cell to be an accumlator cell. Simple question with complex results. You can have a cumulative total in a cell if you have a separate source cell for adding a new total to the original. Use at your own risk. I am Posting this just to show you how it can be done, not as a good solution. You would be much better off to have another column so you can keep track of past entries. Goes like this: =IF(CELL("address")="$C$4&...

import UTF8 to Excel
I import a text file which was saved in UTF8 format to Excel, but the characters are mashed. If I save the file in unicode by notepad, then I can import to Excel without problem. But the same UTF8 text file, I can open in Word. Any one can help? ...

Excel 2007 and large spreadsheets
I have a user that doesn't want to move to Excel 2007 from 2003 due to what he describes as "Specifically, my analytical tasks often involve creating very large spreadsheets (>100 MB) for data processing. I found that Excel 2007 tended to freeze up or calculate indefinitely when working with such large spreadsheets, and therefore was unsatisfactory for my needs". I can't find anything that addresses this type of issue. -- Len Robinson Manager, IT Helpdesk SkyTerra LP Len, type in:- EXCEL Specifications And Limits - on an F1 search within EXCEL 2007...

Excel and MS Works v4.5
Have been using MS Works v4.5 with W98se for some time now due to invoicing capability, but am new to e-mail and the net. Am wondering if Works document or spreadsheet files are e- mailable or convertible to such and also if recipient can read these files with more modern versions of Excel and Word. Thanks Mark I use excel2002, but not Works. But Works has an option under File|SaveAs to save as a .xls file. I think I'd do a little experiment and save your file as a .xls file and email one. Then find out if everything worked ok. Mark wrote: > > Have been using MS Works ...

Using Excell to input data into Access
Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access? The actual reason for using excel to enter the fields in access is that over 100 of our users are familiar with excel, but do not know anything about databases. They actually call excel a database about 1/2 of the time. We work in a contract research facility that does lots of different projects in several scientific disciplines of varying complexity. I started using databases to store my research data in back in the 80's with db3. We did not even have an IT department until about 2 years ago. I have been trying to drag ...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

Excel opens two worksheets instead of one
I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. When I open an existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a second blank worksheet along with it. Word does this also. Is there a way to fix this? -- Thank you ...

65000 Row Limitation from Access to Excel
This question has been asked a couple times, but the answer seems to be unclear so I will ask again. I have query results in Access that I would like to work with in Excel - I like Excel pivot tables better than Access pivot tables. If I highlight the 287K line Access table, right click on copy, then paste into the 1 million plus row spreadsheet capacity in Excel, it only pastes 65,000 lines. Exports from Access to the million row plus spreadsheet work similarly only exporting 65,000 lines of the much larger table. I can successfully export the data from Access to a text file, then impor...

Failed to add new String attribute ??
i having the error in DM when adding field to contact entity ,i think it cannot accept any more customised field. Since we cannot add new entity, I am stuck with this and couldnt proceed..It really make me think of switch to other CRM...PLs any enlightenment ? thks Can you see in the event log some more information? It might indeed be true that you cannot add anymore values. This is one of the issues with v1.2. Maybe adding memofields solve your issue, they are a lot smaller for the database to store. Within the next version of crm this issue will be solved. For now there is no ot...

Excel Chart How do I create Y axis to represent numbers I am using
I am attempting to create a chart that is populating its data from another worksheet in the same book. I am pulling in numbers that range from 75000 to 3000000 and I would like my y axis to be 50K to 350K in multiples of 25K but I can not figure out how to adjust the axis key. Thanks for your help in advance. Krefty Select the axis and press Ctrl+1 (numeral one). Excel 2003 and earlier: In the dialog that appears, click on the Scale tab, and enter the values you want for min, max, and major unit, and don't check the corresponding Auto boxes. Excel 2007: Check Fixed for each of mi...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Difference between an excel worksheet and XLXS file
I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For the correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My friend is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why? "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE55079-436D-411F-BA7B-9C122AB3CFB2@microsoft.com... > I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I > using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS f...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

Getting Excel 2000 Options to be remembered
Two questions really: 1. How do I get options for a particular workbook to be saved? I am findng that the option to have R1C1 Reference style to be ticked does not get saved with the workbook but other options do. 2. How can I get options to be either global for all workbooks or for a range of workbooks? Thanks Mervyn Mervyn Unfortunately, R1C1 style is one of those options that is set by the first workbook that is opened in a session. Calculation Mode is another. You could set the R1C1 style in your Personal.xls which will open hidden with each session of Excel, thus ensuring that th...

Autocorrect in Excel
Hey guys Do anyone know how to make the autocorrect-function expresse "m2" (square meter) to a format where "2" is shown as superscript? Regards Nils Morten Hi Nils You can do this through Tools>Options>Spelling>autocorrect options Change m2 With m then Alt+0178 that is type m then hold down the Alt button as you type 0178 (from the Numeric Keypad only). Nothing will appear after the m until you finish typing 0178 and release the Alt key when you should see m� HOWEVER I would not recommend this. You would not be able to type M2 as a cell reference. Inste...

Windows ME and excel compatibility Help!!!!!
I am in urgent need of some help!!! I have Windows Millenium on my computer and this came with Microsoft works. I hate it! It does not contain microsoft excel for some reason, only microsoft works spreadsheet. This program is horrible and will not do any of the functions that excel does. Does anyone know what I need to do to get some sort of version of excel 97? I see that you can get excel 2003 (very expensive) but I just need the oldest version that is compatible with most excel files out there. I am ina frantic state because I recently signed up for an online class that requi...

add row
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has 250 rows, I have to add a blank row after every fifth row, is there a formula to apply to my spreadsheet. Manually is quite a hassle. Thank you, all -- smile Sub addrowevery5() counter = 6 Do Until Cells(counter, "a") = "" Rows(counter).Insert counter = counter + 6 Loop End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:040FF41D-ECA7-40CA-A17F-2AD1FCFBE89A@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a spread...

Add a second linked contact to the account entity
Hi all, I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact entity but only my custom entities. Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available? Any help is appreciated. On Mar 26, 8:44 am, "GrandiJoos" <grandijoos...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary > contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a > rel...