How can you add the same data series to all charts in a workbook

 I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would like
to add the same data series to all the charts.  I have tried highlighting all
the worksheets and adding the series to no avail.
0
MBubier (2)

I'd save your workbook, just in case this doesn't work as I think it should.

You can select the series in the chart that includes the series and copy the
formula for the series.  It looks something like

=SERIES(...)
Paste that in each chart you want to add it to.

"MBubier" <MBubier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would
> like
> to add the same data series to all the charts.  I have tried highlighting
> all
> the worksheets and adding the series to no avail.

0
reply6075 (299)
1/27/2006 10:35:20 PM
Try this:

Plot the series in a new chart. Copy the chart, then select a chart that
needs the new series, choose Paste Special from the Edit menu, with the
Formulas option. Select the next chart and repeat the paste special (use the
F4 key as a shortcut for Repeat Last Action).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"MBubier" <MBubier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would
> like
> to add the same data series to all the charts.  I have tried highlighting
> all
> the worksheets and adding the series to no avail.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
1/28/2006 3:14:12 AM
This worked!!  Thanks!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Plot the series in a new chart. Copy the chart, then select a chart that
> needs the new series, choose Paste Special from the Edit menu, with the
> Formulas option. Select the next chart and repeat the paste special (use the
> F4 key as a shortcut for Repeat Last Action).
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> "MBubier" <MBubier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would
> > like
> > to add the same data series to all the charts.  I have tried highlighting
> > all
> > the worksheets and adding the series to no avail.

0
MBubier (2)

Can't track certain Outlook Contacts
Hi, For one of my users (crm 3.0 - Outlook 2003), the 'Track in CRM' button does not appear for certain contacts. About 2/3s of the contacts are fine. I thought it might be contacts created in the Blackberry then sync'd to Outlook but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm still working on finding a pattern, unfortunately this user is travelling a lot so it's hard for me to sit down with her and see what she's doing. I thought maybe someone may have had a similar experience. ...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

How can I ...
I am now running Outlook 2003. Previously, I have run most versions of Outlook and I have spotted a difference I would rather not have. Whenever I click on a web link within a message, outlook opens a new instance of IE to view whatever is on the end of the link. Previous versions would re-use the first instance created rather than opening new instances all the time. Any suggestions as how whether (and how?) this behaviour can be restored to match the previous versions? Cheers. You can't. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

Excel/Visio Form for entering data
I've seen this done before, just trying to figure out how to accomplish it. I have an Excel spreadsheet containing a Visio network diagram with text fields for entering data (IP addresses, etc). I'm trying to recreate this form with a new diagram. Once I've pasted the Visio diagram into Excel, I'm having difficulty getting Excel to allow me to specify fields and enter data. There has to be an easy way to do this. Anyone have a good resource or know how to do it? ...

Copy field data to multiple places

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

automatically close second workbook 12-16-09
i have put the following code in to workbook 'A' to close workbook 'B' but it does not close book 'B' there is no error message Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next Workbooks("B.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=False ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True End Sub Several of us have tested your code..........both workbook_open which opens B.xls when A.xls opens and the workbook_beforeclose code. Works fine for me. All I can think of is that you are opening B.xls in a separate instance of Excel. If t...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

how to add singnature
"prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5107796D-4E02-45AB-9816-47670410FA63@microsoft.com... > Please use the message body to provide information that will be invaluable in getting help. Things like: Version of Outlook. Type of mail server (exchange, pop/imap, hotmail). What you're trying to do (because, frankly, I could answer your question with 'You go to the end of your message and type it in' and be correct). What you've tried to do and how it failed. -- f.h. ...

Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?
The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel? Z There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma delimited files that can be read into Excel. If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to buy an add-in. Have you searched the web? On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil <ZouBCivil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Excel Add-in that allows you to retriev...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Remove Add-Ins from Tools Menu
I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still shows on the Tools menu. How do you get it off the menu? I exited and restarted the the program several times and the add-in is unchecked. Excel 2000, 9.04402 SR-1 Karl Does this add-in have a name? Some third-party applications are noted for sticking files in XLSTART. Visio comes to mind. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:31:17 GMT, "Karl Irvin" <88karl3200@comcast.net> wrote: >I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still >shows on the Tools menu. How ...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Add a horizontal line to a graph but not to the legend
I want to be able to add horizontal lines to my chart, in this case at 4% and 6% on the y-axis. The solutions I've seen so far suggest to add a series at these points. The problem is that when I add a seires, my legend shows the new series when I don't really want them to. Is there a really simple way that I've overlooked so that I can just add a line at one y-value and all the x values on the graph and not have it appearing in the legend? Thanks I have just tested inserting an extra series in both xl2002 and xl2007 and if you select the legend and then select the indiv...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...