How can I work out percentages of a particular column?

Hi

I have 1160 rows of client information listing the addresses and country.
The last column is the country and what I would like to do is to show a
graph that calculates how many times a country is listed in the column and
then work out the percentage of it's use.

For example, assuming it was 100 clients and only United Kingdom, USA and
France were listed with UK being listed 41 times, USA listed 36 times and
France listed 23 times, I would like to see a chart that says United Kingdom
41%, USA 36% and France 23%

I don't care what sort of chart can prioduce this but there may be quite a
lot of countries in the actual column.

Can this be done, and if so, how can I do it.  I have absolutely no idea.

One final thing, it doesn't have to be a chart - It could just be a list
stating the percentage values.

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mal

First, we need to generate a list of unique country names. You can do this
using Data - Filter - Advanced Filter. Select your data, pick a "copy to"
range, and then check "unique values only". (I'll assume you generated a list
starting in D2).

In E2:
=COUNTIF(C:C,D2)
This will give you the count of how many times the country appeared.

In F2:
=D2/SUM(E:E)
Format cell as a percentage. This gives you what percentage it was used.

For presenting the data, I would use the E column data and put it into a bar
chart. This would let you easily display all the country names and their
repsective usage.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"malycom" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have 1160 rows of client information listing the addresses and country.
> The last column is the country and what I would like to do is to show a
> graph that calculates how many times a country is listed in the column and
> then work out the percentage of it's use.
>
> For example, assuming it was 100 clients and only United Kingdom, USA and
> France were listed with UK being listed 41 times, USA listed 36 times and
> France listed 23 times, I would like to see a chart that says United Kingdom
> 41%, USA 36% and France 23%
>
> I don't care what sort of chart can prioduce this but there may be quite a
> lot of countries in the actual column.
>
> Can this be done, and if so, how can I do it.  I have absolutely no idea.
>
> One final thing, it doesn't have to be a chart - It could just be a list
> stating the percentage values.
>
> If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mal

can't delete a folder with a comma?
Outlook 2003 w/ SP2. A user has a folder called "IT,Etc" and we can't delete it. When he right-clicks and chooses "delete" it asks him to confirm, he presses ok and nothing happens. He's not using a PST, this is folder that's sitting on his exchange mailbox. We tried accessing the folder in Outlook Web Access but it gives a 1.1 500 error. Please help! Thanks! <jeff80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135268753.249237.207480@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 w/ SP2. A user has a folder called "IT,Etc" and we can't >...

Last Number in a column to that is not equal to zero
I have an inventory worksheet that I am having trouble with. The total daily inventory column updates daily. At the end of the column, I want a formula that gives the most recent inventory number. For instance 1 15,358 2 15,358 3 19,520 4 19,520 5 19,693 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 10 0 11 0 The final field in the inventory column would read 19693. There will always be a whole number for inventory, so the zeros will be replace with the number once the daily inventory is completed. one thing you can try. If you have a header row add +1 =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

macro that copies all values of columns in column A
Hi, I need a macro that pastes all values from columnas B and C in A Thanks in advances Merry christmas You don't need a macro. In A1 put =B1&C1 and drag down as far as is needed. If you really want a macro, use this: HTH Otto Sub FillColA() Dim c As Long c = 1 Do Until Cells(c, 2) = "" Cells(c, 1) = Cells(c, 2) & Cells(c, 3) c = c + 1 Loop End Sub "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:83e8b616-a94b-470b-8839-addcbcf65c64@m3g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I...

How can I attach to my windows address book?
I passed over the offer to transfer my address book from Outlook express accidentally. Is there a way I can go back and somehow attach it? Or do I have to build it entirely from scratch? Thanks for your help! On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:12:01 -1000, cheergrandma <cheergrandma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I passed over the offer to transfer my address book from Outlook express > accidentally. Is there a way I can go back and somehow attach it? Or do > I > have to build it entirely from scratch? Thanks for your help! Check File | Import and Export in Outloo...

Can't get my Backed-up dbx files back!
Hi JUst bought new PC and before putting my old p[c in a big hole in the garden I saved all Outlook express folders as dbx files (as instructed byu outlook help pages). I saved them onto a CD-ROM which I have now inserted in my new PC- I have placed a copy of this folder (containing all my dbx files) on my desktop but each time I follow the path of:- File-Import-Messages-MOE6-Import mail from an OE6 directory- then browse to find my folder I get an error message saying No messages can be found in this folder - bla bla bla but they are in there - I can see them please help!!! Thanks...

why is the stock count not working to 0-out inventory items?
Hello: Several weeks ago, I posted to this message board a question asking how to 0-out quantities of inventory as we transition this GP 10.0 client from testing to go-live. Someone had suggested doing a stock count and leaving the quantities at 0 in processing the count. This didn't work. The quantities were left as-is, after running the count. What's funny is that an item that has an on-hand quantity of 6,400 is showing in the Stock Count Entry window with an on-hand quantity of 0!!! I ran a reconcile, but to no effect. Before all of this, I removed inventory transaction...

Columns in Excel
I have the following problem I need help with: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246781 017450 117118 246790 017451 117119 317891 116127 246761 317990 116128 246771 341772 116129 246780 358381 Say I want to insert a new number into "Column 2." The number 119000. How can I do this and make all the information move automatically to look like the following: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246780 358381 017450 ...

Transactions can be slooooooooow
We have a remote site which has problems with one particular till. The problem is it seems to take a long time - longer than the others, sometimes 5 minutes or more - to complete a transaction and print a reciept. The only difference I have been told is that this is till 1 and therefore has the dongle on it. I have not been down to see it yet, but will be looking at it next week. Anyone got any ideas what could cause this kind of delay? Ozzie - I dont know why but Im also having this problem with a customer's site - though it is with 2 tills and only seems to happen at certain ...

How can I receive my email through outlook
I have set up my email accounts and there is no errors, I can send email no problem but receiving email is not happening, I have looked at all the settings and read all help sections but nothing works - the emails do arrive to my server ok. please, please, please HELP!!! Hi Andy, your Outlook version (incl.) service packs is? your windows system is? Exchange Server or a POP3 email account? Sorry, but the "The crystal ball" does not say everything to us. ;-) Here is a long posting in an exchange expert group with several ideas: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_O...

Printing Long Columns
I have a simple worksheet with order numbers in column A and corresponding completion dates in column B. Since there are over 1,000 orders, it takes many pages to print the sheet, with a great deal of paper wasted on the blank area to the right of the two columns. Other than the tedious process of cutting and pasting, is there a way to arrange the information into multiple multiple columns across the page? Try this example on David's site Charlie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Cha...

winkey+e shortcut for windows explorer not working
Hi, The problem is the followine: if I try to access windows explrer with the Winkey+E shortcut the following message appears: "Explorer.EXE "Este archivo no tiene un programa asociado para realizar esta acci�n. Cree una asociaci�n en el panel de control Establecer asociaciones. " Translated: "Explorer.EXE "This file does not have a program associated for doing this action. Create an association in the Control Panel Create associations. " Origin of the problem: Everithing started after installing Ultraexplorer, and try to make that the winke...

Can't open Outlook #13
Whenever I attempt to open Outlook, I recieve the message that "Outlook.pst is not a personal folder file" and then closes. I have attempted to reinstall "Office Ent. 2007" and repair Windows XP but to no avail. Any hints? Have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on the PST file? "Dan" <dhalayko2@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:Oef%23XIZGJHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Whenever I attempt to open Outlook, I recieve the message that > "Outlook.pst > is not a personal folder file" and then closes. I have attempted to > reinstall &q...

Auto CC when sent to a particular external account
We have an Exchange server 2003. We want to copy all emails sent to a particular external email account to an internal mailbox. This is so to monitor all requests made to our providers. In Example. We have an internal mailbox named purchasing with the address purchasing@ourdomain.com We want all emails sent to sales@providerA.com to be automatically copied to the purchasing@ourdomain.com email address and also sent to the original recipient. And we want to do this centralized so any time we add/remove/update providers we can modify this without the need of creating/modifying rules a...

How can I lock a date that has been established by the 'today ()'.
"Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5745036-D537-4BE9-9E46-7B7729D9516B@microsoft.com... Copy>Paste Special>Values>OK>Esc. OR enter the date using CRTL + ;(semi-colon) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:51:12 -0800, "ENT3041" <ENT3041@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: LOL Gord On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:43:01 -0800, "Peo Sjoblom" <PeoSjoblom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ...

How can I merge highlights within a container?
After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the container if the container is moved on the page. LVB wrote: > After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the > container if the container is moved on the page. Unfortunately there is no feature for "grouping" elements in ON. For temporarily grouping things one may use the "Lasso" tool. Rainald ...

Formating columns
Hi, I need help changing the column widths. Column A has a width setting of 15 for rows 1 - 30 but I want rows 31 - 35 to have a width setting of 5 Thank you Columns cannot have different width in different row. If you want to make a table use Word (or wood!) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dbrumit" <dbrumit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E795F8F4-3CCF-4B96-B055-61EAE53DDEAE@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need help changing the column widths. > Column A has a width setting of 15 for rows 1 - 30 but I...

Can't clear print queue
How do I clear the print queue? I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. "Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C416F4-BE1D-4CE5-A865-4F5D0FD3EC57@microsoft.com... > How do I clear the print queue? > I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in > /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail. > > The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200. What happened when you...

Higher precision: can one get it?
Hi All, I demonstrating the approximation of Pi by successively computing the perimeters of regular inscribed polygons with 2^n sides. Excel's precision was overwhelmed at about 4000 sides. Is there any way to get "double precision"? If worse comes to worse, I'll use something like BigDecimal in Ruby or Perl to get greater precision. -- Regards, Richard Hi Richard, Excel's precision is 15 significant digits. If you need more, you might take a look at the XNUMBERS add-in: http://digilander.libero.it/foxes/MultiPrecision.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten &qu...

Canned Sales Processes
Is there a site that has customizations for MS CRM that are based on well known sales methodologies? Thanks, Robin. The only one i have seen is by sales performance international inc and was included with the workflow import/export tools for crm1.0 you can download this from mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource "Robin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cf6501c43942$9abc8f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a site that has customizations for MS CRM that > are based on well known sales methodologies? > > Thanks, > Robin. ...

Setting up "send as" capability not working
I've followed Microsoft's directions for granting "send as" capability to a user (from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/2be26cb6-acb7-4169-b5d4-66fa14da6d0c.mspx) on Exchange 2003, but it doesn't work. I thought maybe it had to do with server replication, but waiting it out didn't work. I went so far as to grant FULL right using AD > Exchange Advanced tab > Mailbox rights AND AD > Security tab, and even with all those rights the user still got the error about not having permission "to send the message...

"recover deleted items" did it work or not?
Had a staff member delete about 10 items from a public tasks folder, accidentally. I went in, as owner of this folder, from my outlook client and chose "Tools, Recover deleted items", and highlighted those 10 items and clicked Restore now. The screen blinked and the items disappeared from the list, as if it did it's job, however, I cannot actually find the items restored in the folder? They are nowhere to be found! I suspect that I need(ed) to have the person who deleted the items actually do the tools-restore command from their client? We are running OL 2000 on OL Exchange Se...

I can send mails from my account XXXXX@mydomain.com but I can't receive
I have a yahoo domain name and until recently I was able to send and receive mails by using my business address. xxxx...@mydomain.com. But since Monday, I can only send but I can't get mails in my account. I can receive only spams on mydom...@yahoo.com. Can anyone help me because I am in serious trouble. I am using IE are you using a free yahoo account or a paid one ? what are the POP and SMPT server name listed under account setting property.. "jacquos" <netafricasia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154025475.651173.223540@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I hav...

Junk mail settings doesn't work...!
I'm accessing my ATT-Worldnet POP3 emails through my Comcast cable connection using Outlook 2002. I'm using the ipostoffice/imailhost settings on ports 995 and 465. Mail in and out works perfectly, but I cannot get the build-in junkmail functionality to work. I still get mail from excluded domains, and I get mail that should have been caught by the default email filter (filters.txt). Please advise...! ...

can i input info in excell one page at a time instead of seeing .
i am new to using excell and my accountant has created a spead sheet for me , i was wondering can i set up a page so that the information i enter is done on its own page and then put in the speadsheet behind the scenes a bit like entering you contact details then it creates a address book Hi, Sure you can , you will need to be more specific on what you want to do, an example will help "barry" wrote: > i am new to using excell and my accountant has created a spead sheet for me , > i was wondering can i set up a page so that the information i enter is done > on its own ...

select and move columns by their name in header row
Hi I get a large ws with 70 - 100 cols each month. There is a header row, but the names of the cols are not always in the same order. I want to select 3 or 4 entire columns, and move them to a blank sheet in the same workbook "mdata". This code doesn't work in MS Excel 2007, but I can't figure out how to correct it. Sub cleanup() Sheets("cases-dump").Select date = WorksheetFunction.Match("Procedure Date", Rows("1:1"), 0) icd9 = WorksheetFunction.Match("Pre-op Diagnoses 1", Rows("1:1"), 0) cpt1 = Worksh...