How can I turn off the automatic ordering of the data in Pivot Cha

I have some data, which I would like to rearrange in the chart, but it's
automatically re-ordering it.  I have tried manually re-ordering the data,
but that's not helping.  The Pivot chart seems to automatically override what
order I put the data in, and charting it as it wants.  I have tried
unchecking the Automatic Formatting, but no change.  Help?
0
Jammer (5)

Can this be done............
Pub 2003 Is there a way to rotate a bullet? I'm using a bullet that looks like the right hand giving the OK sign (in the US, the rest of the world reads it a bit differently). I'd like to rotate it the symbol 90� counterclockwise. I know, this is a really strange request but I have a reason for wanting to do this, other than making my bullet multi-cultural. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier Wingdings has them all ways. Just select one from the font. -- David - you got my hopes up ...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

Can you load pre-GP sales history?
When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? We'd like to be able to create life-to-date detailed sales reports for our customers, but in order to do so we'd have to load their purchases prior to our installation of GP. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Sure! Simply import the transactions. "Bud" wrote: > When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical > sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? > ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Q: how can I write this macro?
Hello, I am trying to copy-paste a part of an excel file based on the selected cell and create another excel file and save it. Here is the scenario: 1. I clicked E18 (this is an example, it can be D18 or others) and run the macro 2. Macro should select E1-E18 (if D18, then D1-D18) and A1-B18 (so first two columns and selected column up to the row the cell selected) 3. copy selected area 4. Create a file test.xls 5. paste it into first cell (I assume this will combine all three columns together, so the data will be in A.B and C columns, not in A,B and E (or D)) 6. save file How can I do t...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

Add gridlines on Purchase Order
Can gridlines between entries be added, line the line below last entry that goes across page? Any help appreciated. Thanks. -- Neal ...

Pivot Table % of
I have a pivot table like the followng: Joe Trans Ct A 5 B 3 C 2 Total Joe 10 Kelly A 6 B 1 C 4 Total Kelly 11 I added another Count of Trans shown as a "% of column", but it gives me the percent of the entire column when what I really want is the % of Total Joe, % of Total Kelly, etc. In this instance I simply made the names go across instead of down which solved the problem, but there are instances where I don't want to do that. Any suggestions for getting the percent per item rather than pe...

Pivot table row header
Hi, In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section. How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead of just showing once? Thanks!! Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html Fill Blank Cells Fill Blank Cells Programmatically* [*Sub FillColBlanks() 'by Dave Peterson 2004-01-06] -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08549CBC-68A7-442E-BABF-D48B11E29479@microsoft.co...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

Pivot table and it's macro
I am creating a table and from the table a pivot table using a macro. When I run the macro the table gets created without a problem but when it goes to create the pivot table I get an error and the debugger highlights this section: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "Table8", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable TableDestination _ :="Perf Tables!R2C8", TableName:="PivotTable1", DefaultVersion:= _ xlPivotTableVersion12 Can anyone see where the problem is happening? My ...

Excel pivot tbl
Brand new laptop w/Windows XP. Has Office 97 installed (first), than complete install of Office XP(second). Than install of PTSfull.exe (pivot table services that come w/ sql server analysis services service pack 2). Go to data manu - PivotTable and Pivot Chart report - External data source/Pivot table - Get Data - OLAP cubes - new data source - select an olap provider for the database you want to access - blank dropdown (no Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services or Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). Tried removing Office 97 & Office XP than installing PTS - sa...