how can I show repeating values in a chart?

I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how.
For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how
can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet?
Thanks for the help
0
Cindy1 (94)

Hi,

You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and
then chart the results.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Form with charts opens slowly
I have an AC2003 form which contains 6 charts on it. The charts are relatively small. The user click on one of the charts and the form opens a new form with that chart in full screen mode. They close the full screen chart and then can select another chart to see the details of. Depending on the system load, it can take up to 30 for all of the 6 small charts to finish loading. My question is, is there a way to determine when the last chart is done loading? I would like to display a "Please Wait" message on the form to let the user know that once the final chart load...

How can I print to email?
I want to send the results from some sheets to people who do not have Excel. If I attach the XLS file, it will be useless to anyone without Excel. I basically want to send what I see on a printout to a printer or Fax. Any ideas? Is there a way to setup email as a printer? This will enable me to use the same method for Word, Powerpoint and other products without caring about the recepients software. Jim Hi Jim You can send the text in the body of the mail I don't know what Excel version you use and which mail program? Or let them download the free Excel viewer You can view and ...

Money Can't Set up a Mortgage Right!
I have issues with Money 2003. I bought a house Nov 2003. I set up the mortgage account and tell it my purchase date. It starts the loan 1/1/2004 because it assumes I have paid Nov interest at closing and won't owe anything until 1/1/2004. This screws up my net worth reports because I had a home asset in Nov 03, but the loan liability doesn't appear until Jan 04. Broken! I can't seem to set the loan date to force it to recognize the Nov loan beginning date. What to do?? Thanks, Ben Money starts the loan in 1/1/2004 because that's the date you told it the first payment...

how can I show leading zeros in excel
I am trying to input some numeric data into a spreadsheet, some of the entries have leading zeros, every time I move to the next cell, Excel changes the data by removing the leading zeros. I have tried reformating the cells in question in Number & General, both give me the same problem. Can somebody please help. Using Excel 2002. Thanks. You could either format the cell as Text (then type your data) or you can start with an apostrophe '000123 or you can use a custom format: Format|cells|number tab custom in the type box, put as many 0's as you want 000000 The first two op...

add source data to chart in excel
I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I try to add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.) Hi Susan I have had this trouble in the past. Try.... Right click chart and select 'Source Data'. Delete any existing source data and close dialog box. Select the source data you require and copy it. Click on the chart and paste. Sandy "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7D47720-BCF1-4066-911D-555E386F4FEB@microsoft.com... > I ...

field no show
The following query does not show the ID field. This is imperative because data change is dependent upon this field showing. select member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein, member_time.timeout from member_time where member_time.date = #4/16/2010# This is written in a access database. Thanks That's strange. Maybe it's hidden? Try this: SELECT member_time.id, member_time.date, member_time.timein, member_time.timeout, member_time.id as TheID FROM member_time WHERE member_time.date = #4/16/2010# ; If that doesn't work, try this: SELEC...

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

Can Function results be calculated?
Hi all I have a sheet with two columns of figures. I show the running totals of each column in cells with basic SUM Functions, at the top of the sheet. I now want to subtract one total from the other. How is this done? As the Function is looking at cells that themselves hold Functions, I can't see how to do this, short of making a longer Function that adds the column contents again and then subtracts. So, in summary: I have two cells with Functions. These are: Cell F4 =SUM(F8:F45) and Cell G4 =SUM(G8:G45) I want to do this: =F4-G4 but it won't play. Any advice most appreciated....

How to Arrange Data for Chart
I charted the following data in a clustered column chart. Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 FY07 - Total 167 23 20 43 81 FY08 - Total 178 22 40 26 90 These are total department errors segregated by levels for each fiscal year. There are 3 different departments involved. What I did was just total the errors for each FY and each level. Now my boss wants to see how many errors were performed within each level by Dept A, Dept B and Dept C and compare the 2 fiscal years. I hope I’m explaining...

Charts switch from 'Series in Rows' to 'Series in Columns'
I use VBA to create charts in Excel 2003, but find that sometimes the Charts switch 'Series in Rows' (intended) to 'Series in Columns' (not intended), even if I have specified 'Series in Rows'. This happens intermittently, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I do save the workbook as Microsoft Excel 97 so that a user with Excel 2000 or Excel 2003 can use the workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. Hard to tell if you keep the code secret. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Peac...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #2
this could be a bit of a problem as the data comes from some very larg sheets which contain the data for several months worth of days including the next couple of months, so adding a helper column would b difficult. The graphs are all automated so they base themselves on th next day along without any intervention so manuallt creating thi helper column each day would also not be possible. Is there some other way to do it? thank -- neowo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Merging Charts
Is there a way that I can merge Excel information into Publisher as a graph specific to each entry. I am trying to take several peices of information specific to a variety of people and merge that information into a document, making make pie charts for some of that information for each person. ...

Conditional formating of Charts
Hi, I have a scatter chart and need to conditionally format points and associated labels for each point. The condition is not related to the data series to which the chart is linked. Let me know if there is any specific VBA code for doing the same. You can reach me at krishna.guha@citigroup.com There are some non-VBA suggestions here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html To change some points of a series or some series in a chart based on a known criterion, you can adapt one of the macros in this post: http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3F4B8D49.3080508%40yah...

Complex (for me) checking values in fields to perform calcs in others
Hi all.. I am creating a Cash Flow Projection report in access that inspects the "completed dates" of sheduled draws to calculate a remaining balance, but I am having problems with it. The idea is: --------------------- Iff [Draw1CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amount] Else If [Draw1CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw2CompletedDate] <> Null AND [Draw3CompletedDate] = Null then Me!txtBalance = [MortgageAmount] - [Draw1Amoun...

graphs charts
Can I decide what the graph scale can be and be constant for all the graphs I want to make for excel data In article <09F59A13-D91B-4114-8155-815B0135155B@microsoft.com>, MICKO@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can I decide what the graph scale can be and be constant for all the graphs I > want to make for excel data > Assuming the axis of interest supports numeric data, double click the axis then select the Scale tab. The rest should be self-evident. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office producti...

Color transitions in a chart
Hi I am creating a chart to plot some values but would like to have the background of the chart to start red in the upper right, transition to yellow around the middle and then green in lower left. The values I have represent High, Medium and Low risk items and would like the chart to represent these with the background color when I plot them. Hope this makes sense. I appreciate if you have any suggestions. Thanks In article <089EA19B-10D5-4AA4-8B34-D57CA46C0007@microsoft.com>, Sboone wrote: > Hi I am creating a chart to plot some values but would like to have the ...

excel charts and graphs
I want to assemble several pages of excel charts and graph in the form of a poster without printing them out. THOR ...

Can I protect Livemail on laptop with a password ?
I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. Laptop is going for a warranty repair - I will have to give the repairer my windows user password which means they will have access to my livemail messages, contacts ec - can I further protect my email in any way while laptop is out of my hands ? "Croz" <Croz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCD9FA83-09D0-430C-AE26-4AA406D488CD@microsoft.com... > I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. > Lapt...

Excel worksheet total up to show in another worksheet
I have two worksheets. The first is the nice printable page. On the second page I just total up my receipts. How do I get those totals to show on Worksheet 1 in a cell called Total? -- SF Hi Just say your totals to be added are in A2:A120 in Sheet 1 then =SUM(Sheet1!A2:A120) hope this help -- nik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31615 ...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Conditional Formatting #N/A to show white