How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?

I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want
to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example:

I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to
show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart.
0
Ransone (1)

If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1
In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan
In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues
Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart
The Out data is red, the In data blue
Can you follow this?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Tee Ransone" <Tee Ransone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I
>want
> to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color.
> Example:
>
> I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want
> show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar
> chart.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/10/2006 10:53:40 PM
Bernard:

You are a gentleman and a scholar! I am a concept girl...not into details
and it always helps to have a different point of view.

Many, many thanks!

Tee Ransone

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1
> In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan
> In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues
> Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart
> The Out data is red, the In data blue
> Can you follow this?
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Tee Ransone" <Tee Ransone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I
> >want
> > to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color.
> > Example:
> >
> > I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want
> > show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar
> > chart.

can grow / can shrink , control position conflict
I've got a report with several text boxes and/or sub-reports in the detail section, and I'm having trouble keeping their horizontal alignments as needed. Maybe someone can clue me into the "caviats" (or to a usefull source that goes into the details and work-arounds...) Many thanks in advance, Mark Here's the conditions I've got... - the detail section is organized in three (3) columns (these are purly graphic, and comply with the "format" of the report) - in each column are 1 to seveal text boxes and/or sub-reports, - currently the firs...

Chart- View Labels- Shared Database...
I am working out of a database used by two other individuals. When I attempt to print a report, my chart does not display the labels. If I open the chart in design view, I am unable to view the labels, but if I go further and actually open the chart all information is displayed. The other individuals working in the database are able to readily review the reports and print the data without any problem. We are all using the Access version, and I have already installed the Office Service Pack 3 fix. Nothing seems to working. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. ...

Default font color
Wow! Do I feel stupid. I've been using WLM since it came out. I just had to do a system restore and reinstall all my programs and adjust my settings. Just for fun, I made my email font "maroon" for one email, and now I cannot get rid of it! I go to "Format" then "Font" and change it back to black, click ok and it is black for that one email. Next time I send an email, it is still defaulting to Maroon and I have to change it. Can someone help out a simpleton like me? If I knew any 5 year olds, they could fix it for me, but I don't know any...

Comparing Fields in Different Columns
I was wondering if there is a way two compare the fields in 2 different columns. Then if those fields are identical they would be removed. Is there a basic function to do this or do I need to write a macro? Thanks for the help. Hi......... Assuming your columns are A and B, in cell C1 put this formula and copy it down column C =IF(A1=B1,1,"") then sort on column C and delete all the rows that have a 1 in column C And, if you do this frequently, it could be recorded into a macro........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "Guggenheim" <johlstrom@gmail.com> wrote in me...

Each account has a different login/password for the same broker
We have multiple accounts at E*Trade. My wife's IRA rollover account has a different id/pw than our brokerage account, but it appears that Money 2003 only allows one login per broker, rather than different logins for different accounts. Please tell me that this isn't the case! That is a real lack of flexibility. In microsoft.public.money, RickB wrote: >We have multiple accounts at E*Trade. My wife's IRA rollover account has a >different id/pw than our brokerage account, but it appears that Money 2003 >only allows one login per broker, rather than different logins f...

comparing data in different sheets
I have data set for each quarter, like sales, profits, margins. The dat is for more than 1000 companies and in different worksheets: Eac quarter is in each seperate worksheet. It gets frustrating to keep on switching between each worksheet to ge a comparative number. Is there a way out -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In situations like this I generally create a summary sheet and reference the cells from all of the other worksheets. Set up the layout for the summary sheet and then select a cell you want to mirror the value from another worksheet. With the cell selected, ...

What Shows Under Workplace
Is there any way that we can edit what shows in the Workplace view? For example, I would like Sales Literature to display, and would like to remove Quotes, Orders & Invoices. I see under Customize Entities where these are established, but they are set as read-only once the entity is created (and not available at all for pre-existing entities). Is this a setting that can be changed using SQL? And is this all that would need to be done? You can control the main navigation via the SiteMap. You first need to export the Sitemap from the customizations, modify the xml and the Impo...

Scatter chart displays as line chart
I'm trying to connect point on a (background graphic) circle with lines (using Excel 2000). I have generated the X-cordinates for all ends of lines in one column and, in each of the following columns, I have the Y-cordinates for one line, two values next to each other; in the same rows as their X-coordinates. All other cells are empty. This works in smaller scale but when I have 250 lines, the X-values are replaced with rising numbers, i.e. I get a line graphic. Is there any way to make the scatter graphic work in large scale figures? Thanks Hi, Have you used the xy-scatter type ...

Data to Chart Question/How-to
Below is my data layout as it is right now. What I want my chart to look like is described as... The Vertical Left Area is the Document ID Column The Horizontal Bottom Row is the Reviewer (Revwr #?) The Secondary Vertical Right is the Days Overdue Numbers So far I've tried to use a Scatter, Line, Bar, and also Combining them too but nothing seems to yield the results I am looking for. I hope that the data outline below shows up well enough but if not then let me know and I'll try again. Document ID Revwr #1 Revwr #2 Revwr #3 Revwr #4 Days Overdue Document #001 X X ...

Users can't browse or see local site in GAL
My users cannot view RECIPIENTS CONTAINER objects, of our local EXCHANGE SITE, in the GAL. However they can still send email to users in our local site. Our site doesn't even show up in the GAL, but they can browse other Exchange Sites in the GAL. Now here's the kicker, Domain/Exchange Admins can view see the local site name in the GAL and browse to see the recipient containers within the local site. This leads me to believe that permission some how got screwed up. But, nothing jumps out at me! Thanks for the support, BR Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

Count fields and show names
Hello all, I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 fields (cells-HIP, WAIST, ARM, LEGS, HEAD) each with a value of 1 or 0 (True or False) I need a formua to count the 5 fields and if there are 3/5 that are 1 (True) then fill a new cell (Total) with 1(True), if there are less than 3 fields, then False (0). But would it also be possible to show which fields, along with the value of 1 or 0, were true and which were false? For example, 3/5 fields--->True False HIP, WAIST, HEAD ARMS, LEGS Thanks a million for you time! Hi slagg - the first part is simple in the tot...

Creating the occurrence frequency chart in Excel
I had a need to put a series of numbers into buckets of size 5. I created the following formula, and "dragged it down" =A1 + IF(MOD(A1,5), 5-MOD(A1,5), 0) I am sure that there is a better way of doing this. Can someone suggest it? Also, I wanted to come up with an occurrence frequency chart for my data. For example if I have numbers 4, 9, 13, 13, 17, 19, 19, 19, then I would like the occurrence frequency chart to plot the following informatiuon in a 2D chart: 0-4: 1 5-9: 2 10-14:2 15-30: 3 Thanks, Song Hi: This will work out the buckets for you. Paste it into the first cel...

Proportional bar width in charts?
I am trying to create a bar chart where the width of the bar is the "X" value and the height of each bar is the "y" value. I am trying to create a chart similar to the Vattenfall CO2 abatement chart, which I have discoveed cannot be pasted into this posting <sorry about that> Thanks for any advice On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Peter M <Peter@M.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >I am trying to create a bar chart where the width of the bar is the "X" value >and the height of each bar is the "y" value. ...

How can I change worksheet direction from right to left
I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to right and vice versa If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Haitham" wrote: > I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to > right and vice versa I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the setting ...

Form Size and Scroll Bars
Hello All, We have added a number of fields to the opportunity form. For some reason when the form loads the scroll bar goes all the way to the bottom of the form and the user has to scroll back up to the top of it. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks! Hi, Check out JScript in your onload event of opportunity. Is there any code which is moving the focuss to some field at bottom of form? -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "MDV1457" w...

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

Need better understanding of TRIM so I can get rid of trailing spa
I imported a listof names to creat labels. All columns have trailing spaces. I have imported some into Word then done a relace it worked but it was a not the right solution. I understand TRIM in Excel will get rid of Trailing spaces. The examples HELP gives is not clear to me. Please help me get rid of these trailing spaces. Tom Trim should work, Tom, but it's tough to say without seeing your data. What happens if you open the data directly from Excel? What format is it now? Any txt file opened from Excel should give you delimiter options. Are the number of trailing spaces always ...

Can an Excel file be converted into Visio?
Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is there a converter pack or a website that would illustrate this process? Thanks, Jim ...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

Color of day
Why is the entire day colored. I have many b'day colors on other days and the entire day isn't colored. I can't find an answer to the original question. The all day events on the colored dates are marked to Show time as Busy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.CO...

How to get rid of the backgound color?
Hi! I use excel 97 I took from a CD that was comming with a book an invoice.xls. I finally just kept the desing of the invoice, getting rid of all the macros and other progamming that was making it work. I made my ow boxes and macros. My problem is that there is this dark green background color that don't like. In fact, the hole sheet is that color up to the last colu and row. Also, if I add a new sheet to this .xls, it is all green an without the lines horizontals and verticals. I never found where to change that! Can you help? Alai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum....

Cant change calendar background color
Hello. I am on a Windows xp pc running Outlook 2003 all patched up in a windows/exchange client/server environment. I have ownership rights to another exchange mailbox. I just need to know if there is a way that I can change the background color of that secondary calendar so that it is different from my own calendar. The help menu in Outlook says > on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options. Under Calendar options, in the Background color list, click the color that you want. Easy enough. However, even if I put the focus on the secondary calendar and change the...

how can i Back up folders??
How can I make a backup from folders and other information in outlook, So i can format my computer ? ThanX G'Day 'onymous, You don't tell us what version of Office you use. Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en This works with OL2000 onward. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ Copy your pst-file to your safe location (separate harddisk/partition/USB-memory stick). Then after the format and reinstall of Window and Office connect to it by using File-> O...

How can i make backup automaticaly
Thank you for open this post. I Want to backup exchange automaticaly For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat file and then incert it to windows jobs. Thank for a help "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009D82C-D699-47E0-BE0C-8814C2CDC813@microsoft.com... > Thank you for open this post. > > I Want to backup exchange automaticaly > For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. > If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat...

Linking a cell to a chart title
How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another worksheet? I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes for each sales team. ...