How can I set up highlighting ON the graph?

I have a bunch of different line graphs showing different plots.

What I want to do, is be able to use a min and max on the Y axis that will
create an area through which the plots go through.

However, I want this area to be highlighted in some way to show that the
points in this highlighted part are acceptable, and the others are outside
the limits.

I don't want to manually change the limits of the graph because I want the
outside points showing.

Not sure how else to explain it.

Is this even possible in Excel? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi,

You could use an extra data series plotted as a xyscatter do draw a box
within the plotarea to highlight an area.

If you wanted to colour that area you might be able to get one of these
to work-arounds to do it.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl
I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime. If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it. If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to...

Can't re-enable microphone array
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Gary ...

Can I make a row "float"?
I would like to make a row float. So if I scroll down to row 211 or whatever, I will have one row tha will always be on top no matter how far down I scroll. Thanks in advance. dvcrogers@sbcglobal.ne -- dvcroger ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dvcrogers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52413 Say you want row 4 to freeze Select row 4, then go to window and freez -- davesexce --------------------------------------------------------...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

Graphing Variable-length columns
Hi, I have a situation where I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns, A and B. Column A is the date and Column B is the # of bids we have submitted on that day. I create a graph based on those columns, that shows the date on the X-axis and the # on the Y-axis. But I would like the graph to be updated automatically everytime I add a new row to the spreadsheet. So that tomorrow, when I add the row for May 10, the chart will reflect May 10 without requiring me to recreate the chart. Is this possible? I've tried everything I can think of and it hasn't worked. Thanks! Ben merc1286@hot...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

How can I insert the degree sign with F after it as a shortcut?
I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with the F after it in a short keyboard stroke or two? You could make it an automatic text entry of various types (AutoText, AutoCorrect, AutoComplete As You Type, depending on your version of Word), or you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the degree sign in the Insert Symbol panel and then type the F. On Nov 26, 3:42=A0pm, Sharrietta <Sharrie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with = the > F after it in a short keyboard stroke...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

Can I prevent a spreadsheet from being copied?
I'm going to publish a retirement nest egg calculator to the web and want to know if I can prevent buyers from copying it, or if I can restrict them to being only able to use it on one computer. I plan to supply any purcashed copies by email. Thanks, George Forbes Hi George This needs a lot of creative, part evil, VBA programming, and you must ensure that macros are enabled for the file to work. Very complicated. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Nest Egg George" <Nest Egg George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BA275E-BCE9-4748-85B2-1A0199...

can't restore mailbox
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 and need to restore a single users mailbox who no longer has an account/mailbox in Active Directory (there account was deleted a few months ago). I was able to get as far as restoring and mounting the datastore that has the users mailbox, but when I try using the 'recover mailbox data' option in the exchange tasks, I get this error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 . I see the mailbox I want to restore and everything, I just can'...

Can't see existing table in Design view for a QBE
Hi Guys, I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the relationship link but am unable to scroll left to view the table. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Many thanks in advance, Cheers, On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I >possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the ...

Can't use MS-Money with Bank of America???????????
I've used Quicken for a while and am using Quicken2003. I've just gave the new MS-Money2004 trial version a try and I like it better, so I was going to switch...... Until I discovered that Bank of America does not support MS-Money, only Quicken. That sounds crazy to me, but apparently this is the case. If I want to switch from Quicken to MS-Money I will loose the ability to download bank transactions automatically and must use the old fashioned manual download statement method. Does anyone know why a bank as large as Bank America doesn't support MS-Money? Does anyone...

Can I record a macro
....or do I have to write code manually? If so - how is that done? I think with Visio 2003, you can! Unfortunately, with Visio 2002 (which I have), this is not possible. Lana wrote: > ...or do I have to write code manually? > > If so - how is that done? > > Macro recording was introduced with Visio 2003. If you do not have Visio 2003, you can post a request to the newsgroups for someone to run the macro recorder and post the results. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA...

how do i set up microsoft office outlook account
I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't understand the terms used in questions, such as: pop3 email, what do i type in space. What is incoming serverpop3, & outgoing server smtp & what do i type in space provided? I assume you do have a mail account setup with somebody ( HotMail/Yahoo etc), if not you will have to create one. Most of them are free! If you have an account, or have just set one up. Log on to their site with your browser and search the help for something like "Using Outlook" and there should be a page telling you what ...

How do I set up a stacked bar chart using military times?
When my values are time, whenther they are reagular or military, the bottom bar is correct, but the others are not. As anexample, if I want a stacked bar that shows the following 3 times: start work 8:00 lunch 12:30 clock out 16:30 how do I get the bars displayed correctly as well as the "displayed values"? I have just put up a proposed solution for you at:- www.pierrefondes.com - first (top) example on the home page. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "Healthcare Quality Analyst" wrote: > When my values are time, whenther they ar...

How do I set a Company Constitution in microsoft Word
Is there a Template anywhere that will help set a constitution with MS Word for small events. Googling for Constitution Template brings up: http://www.umflint.edu/clubs/umfsgc/pac/constitutiontemplate.php -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "cartref" <cartref@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:978939C7-5EB7-4981-95DA-15B2ACD72E43@microsoft.com... > Is there a Template anywhere that will help set a constitution with MS > W...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

How can I import "Packed" mainframe data into Excel?
I've copied a file from an IBM Mainframe computer to my PC and need to do some analysis in Excel. Some of the fields in the file are "packed" - for example, the format of one field is " P(9.2). On the mainframe, that takes up six bytes, so $5.90 is stored as "00000000059F" (the last bit is the sign). This is NOT "hex" but an old convention that breaks each byte (EBCDIC 8-bit) into two, 4-bit parts and stores one decimal value in each part. Suggestions about how I can get this format into Excel without having to re-format the data in a mainframe ...

Can't remove Radio Button
I have a sheet which used "Yes/No" Radio Buttons which I've now replaced with Tick Boxes. There is one button which I cannot remove. I can't select it, can't make it active, therefor can't remove it. Please help! Activesheet.Optionbuttons.Delete for each ole in Activesheet.OleObjects if typeof ole.Object is msforms.Optionbutton then ole.delete end if Next -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ken G." <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97DBE155-9089-40BD-B98F-62E372F9CE12@microsoft.com... > I have a sheet which used "...

Can't open pdf files in windows mail.
Every time I try to open a PDF file in windows mail it says I don't have a program associated with it to open it. It says to set a default program with it. I have adobe reader associated with it in default programs, so I don't know why it won't open it. What operating system? i.e.: XP/SP3 etc. Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Dutchy" <Dutchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC3362D-015D-498A-90AD-FE4AD10D0962@microsoft.com... > Every ti...

Adjust CRM so it can be used for small companies to make invoices
It would be great of crm can be used to make invoices with automatic tax calculation. I'd like the idea of a All in one solution for small in medium sized companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

How to set up internet options for Yahoo?
I'm trying to find out how to set up my internet options so I can respond to ads on Craigslist. A fix was posted for Hotmail, but what about Yahoo? Any help is appreciated! Fixes for Yahoo are also posted often; I think nearly every day. "Lori" <lori_mclean64@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVvvSXHeKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to find out how to set up my internet options so I can respond > to > ads on Craigslist. A fix was posted for Hotmail, but what about Yahoo? > Any help is appreciated! "Lori" &l...

How can I change the font of a CEdit?
Hi everyonee, I have a CEdit control in my dialog which I want to change its font to "Courier New" with a height of 9. I have been trying without success. Here's how I'm trying: In my OnInitDialog(): LOGFONT lf; CFont font; m_edtCtrl.GetFont()->GetLogFont(&lf); lf.lfWeight = 9; lf.lfFaceName = "Courier New"; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); m_edtCtrl.SetFont(&font); Please tell me what is that I'm doing wrong? By the way what other font name than "Courier New" has a fixed width characters? Thank you, Geo "Geo" &...

Cond Format -- on set of columns, then one column
I currently have two conditional formats, and I'm only able to have one work or the other. Specifically for example, I have columns A through F populated, and when C18 is populated with "Complete" I want two things to happen: 1) A18:F18 are shaded Gray. 2) C18's font format changes to Bold Red Currently I can do them individually via the following: 1) Highlight columns A:F, then put Formula in Cond Format this: =$C1="Completed" 2) Highlight Column C, and put Cell Value in Cond Format: equal to "Completed" But, I can't do both at the same tim...

Year 1753 in canned KPI Web Parts
I'm playing with the sample company (TWO/Fabrikam), and when I add web parts to the executive portal page (KPI Gross Profit margin for example), I get no data in them. But I do note it is running the query with a date of 1/1/1753 - even though when I set it up I specified Current FY. or Current Period. Any idea on whre it is pulling the year 1753 from? Thanks in advance, ...