How can I put two variables with different scales on the same char

0
Candace (10)

Plot both series together in the chart, double click on one series, and on
the Axis tab, choose Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Owner draw buttons : 2D look...Can it be 3D?
hi, Priyanka here... i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click on the CButton, it gives a 3D feel as the text shows some offset and the button gives a pressed look. but in the owner draw buttons, there is no such 3D effect i can see. can we make it possible? Thanks Priyanka priya wrote: > hi, > Priyanka here... > i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look > of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click > on the CButton, it gives...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Is there a work-a-round i can use for making a datagrid....
Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would input info, and once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the workbook. I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get the update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control In Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to do this? When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you didn't supp...

Can anybody tell me what is wrong ...
/* I am trying to practice multidimensional array in a managed class using dynamical allocation. If I tried to compile the following codes, I would get the under mentioned c2440 error message. It is only practice. You may notice that I am not using "private" or constructor here. Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how I can rewrite that line right? Thanks a lot. */ #include "stdafx.h" #include <string.h> #include <string> #using <mscorlib.dll> #include <tchar.h> using namespace System; using namespace std; __gc class Month { public:...

scanner can't read barcodes on paper
My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. I will not barcodes on receipt either. any suggestions will be great. Thanks I had the same problem. I only had this problem with certain barcodes. When I looked at the ones that the scanner wasn't reading, I noticed that they all used lower case letters. As soon as I changed the letters to upper case I was able to scan the labels. "country" wrote: > My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. > I will not barcodes on receipt either. > > any suggestions will be g...

Migration: Migrated custom fields can't sync with plan
We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However, some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into project professional for all plans. Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created project plan....

Can you work this backwards
Previously I used 3 simple formulas (if statements) to calculate a charge, so if E9 =3D=A33000 then the formula for the charge was =3DIF(E9<=3D1000;E9*1.1;"=A3100") then =3DIF(AND(E9>1000;E9 <=3D2000);(E9-1000)*0.9;"=A3200") =3DIF(E9>2000;(E9-2000)*0.5;) Total Cost ... of above 3 items plus E9 (=A33000) Now people are asking to spend a total of =A33000 including the charge, so now Total Cost is to be =A33000 and then I have to work back to find E9. How is the best way to do this please. Bob Hi, Use the "Solver" utility in Excel. Let us suppose ...

Set value of const member variable in Init() function?
Is there a method for setting the value of a const member variable in an Init() function when the value is unknown in the constructor? TIA, Harvey "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote in message news:1172562585.493563.230590@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a method for setting the value of a const member variable in > an Init() function when the value is unknown in the constructor? I don't believe so. But be careful of the difference between const int x=1; and const char *pszString; pszString = ... The latter is ok as the pointer is not const - th...

Can't view jpg attachments
All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook 2000. I have reinstalled Outlook, but with no change. If you can solve this problem, I'll dance at your wedding. Harlan HH <hhhague@comcast.net> wrote: > All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook > 2000. What happens when you try? Use Windows Explorer's Tools>Folder Options menu to reestablish the association between JPEG files and whatever application you want to use to open them. -- Brian Tillman I have just discovered that I can look at attachment in a rou...

System Sound I can't stop!
I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and it isn't there. I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! It's driving me nuts! effdee wrote: > I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the > System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and > it isn't there. > > I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! > > It's driving me ...

Can you set up a Word document to accept present tense only?
I was told that you could set a document up using Microsoft Word 2007 to only accept present tense. Is this true? If so, how do you do it? Word 2007 has a "Find all word forms" option in the Find and Replace dialog. This, among other things, will let it search for all verb forms (among other things). That might be what the person was talking about. For example, with this option enabled, if I search for "have", it will also match "having". If I search for "is", it will also match are, be, was, and were (for example). But, there's nothin...

different number format
Hi, this is probably an easy question but I am at a loss been an excel newbie. I have XP with my local regional settings, where the number format is 1.000,29 (onethousand and 29/100) on a specific excel sheet I need to revert these settings, in order to paste a large amount of data 1000.29 (onethousand and 29/100) anybody can suggest how to do this? TIA Hi Daniele, I think you shouldn't change your setting, paste the data and then use the code below to fix the numbers: Sub TextToNumberOnActiveColumn() Dim r As Integer Dim c As Range r = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Range(&qu...

How can I protect certain columns on a sheet so that formulas are.
How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that formulas are not changed by someone else entering data onto the worksheet Right click on the cells you want to allow data entry in. Then select "format cells", Then "protection". uncheck the "locked" box. Then protect the worksheet. "Tan" <Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E54609-EA18-4882-8106-7B954F0C3F8B@microsoft.com... > How do I go about protecting certain columns on an excel sheet so that > formulas are not changed by someone else entering...

Two date validations
How do I create two validation rules for one cell containing a date? 1. The date (Cell A1) must be between a certain range (12/01/2009 and 12/31/2012). 2. The date must not be greater than Cell A2. So far I got the first rule working, but I can't figure out how to do both. Any advice would be greatly appricaiated. Thanks, ~Gabe I'd try: Select A1 Data|Validation (xl2003 menus) formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1>=DATE(2009,12,1),A1<=DATE(2012,12,31),A1<=A2) Gabe wrote: > How do I create two validation rules for one cell containing a date? ...

look up one value that can list multiple corresponding values
I am trying to automate work timesheets by using a spreadsheet that references two different spreadsheets that list job numbers, names and task numbers. I currently have the spreadsheet set up to import and update the two spreadsheets containing job info. I also have the time sheet set up so that when a user types in the job number, the job name automatically appears in the proper location. I need to some how get the spreadsheet to look up the entered job number and return a dropdown list of available task numbers related to that specific job. Task numbers and quantities of task ...

macro to copy into different worksheets
I have a excel worksheet which shows a list like below. Directory of C:\Sarah\files\Dec04 09/02/2005 13:30 6,312 Dec04.sav 1 File(s) 6,312 bytes Directory of C:\Sarah\code\Admissions\0001 20/04/2004 14:45 290,929,896 adm0001.sav 1 File(s) 290,929,896 bytes What I want a macro to do is to look down this worksheet and select each record on the list. I.E find the line starting with the word Directory, selecting all the lines below until it gets to another line starting with Directory, it then pastes this into a different worksheet. then goes back and sele...

HOW CAN I TAKE WAY (-20%)
HOW CAN I TAKE WAY (-20%)FROM 1000 multiply it by 0.8 "TOM" wrote: > HOW CAN I TAKE WAY (-20%)FROM 1000 This newsgroup is dedicated to supporting Microsoft Access, the relational database. You question doesn't seem to match the purpose of this 'group. (and by the way, using all CAPS is considered shouting, and is less likely to get you a response). Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "TOM" <TOM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A72F20B-B33B-4CAC-88DA-E6CDF5908757@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I TAKE WAY (-20%)FROM 1000...

Can I retrieve a lost/deleted Directory? #2
I am going to send this again because it's been over an hour and it hasn't showed up yet. Thanks "Mike" wrote in message news:... > Today I noticed a directory is missing. It was there yesterday. I suspect > my 8 year old granddaughter had something to do with it. Is there a way to > retrieve it? It was in a subdirectory of my Inbox. There were also two > other directories within this subdirectory. Thanks for any help. > > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515. 6735) SP3 > Hi Mike, Have you checked your Deleted Items. it may be there? --...

One machine can't run my ADP, says there's no DSN
I have an ADP app I run on most of the machines on my network. It uses the SQL Server driver in the ODBC setup, cleverly named "SQLSERVER" along with a connection string that uses the ODBC connection. Works great! Except on the new machine. I set up everything exactly the same as I always have in the ODBC control panel. However any attempt to connect from inside Access results in an error stating there is no DSN and there's no default driver. The only think interesting about this machines is that it's x64 version of Windows. Is this a problem? Maury 64 bit version, ...

can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,like note pad comment
can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,scanned with a scanner ,like note pad comment ?I have a small database with 50-60 names and i need to save the letters written to each of those names .Please help. You can put the image in a comment: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture In article <66D49CAB-F151-42C9-8E55-E5CFC9CF3855@microsoft.com>, "PR" <PR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can we attach an image file to a excel cell ,scanned with a scanner ,like > note pad comment ?I have a small database with 50-60 names and i need to sav...