How can I place the legend next to the data point on a chart?

In Excel 2003 there was an  place the legend next to a data point. I just
upgraded to Office 2007 and can not find this option.
0
LW52 (1)

Hi,

Select the data labels and right click. Format Data Labels to bring up the
Format dialog.
Select Label Options in the list.
The 3rd section has the checkbox 'Include legend key in label'

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"LW52" <LW52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2003 there was an  place the legend next to a data point. I just
> upgraded to Office 2007 and can not find this option.

0
andy9699 (3616)

change last serie to be line in the line-column Excel chart in Wor
Hi, I'd like to insert the Excel chart in Word doc. When I insert an Excel chart with 4 series in the type of line-column. The second serie always to be line, I want to the last serie to be line rather than second one. I know how change it when it happens in Excel. But I cannot find the all of excel Menus in Word windows when I edit chart in the word, so I donot know how change it? Thanks a lot for anyone offering help. Hi, That depends on how you copied the chart into word? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Eric" wrote: > Hi, I'd like to insert the Excel chart in ...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

3 Different Data Sets
I am trying to create one real estate chart that has the following three components: (1) Bar Chart = Square Footage, (2) Line chart representing a percentage, and (3) Line chart representing dollars. Any idea if this can even be done? Thanks. ...

Deactivating an embedded chart
Is it possible to deactivate an embedded chart (chart in a worksheet, not a chartsheet). I have an embedded chart that has a large data source range (about 10,000 cells) and a VBA macro that performs some calculations and inputs the results into these cells, but the chart updates in realtime and it slows the macro down quite a lot. I have read that the following code could be used if the chart is in its own chartsheet: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Chart_Deactivate -------------------- But my chart is embedded, so how could I deactivate/reactivate it? Alternatively, I though...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

Combining multiple Stacked Charts
I have 3 scenarios with info on Asset A and Asset B for 10 years. I can create stack charts for each scenario independently, but can not figure out how to combine all 3 onto 1 chart across multiple years. x axis is year and each year should have 3 stacked lines Y Axis should be total value of both Assets Any help appreciated Does this help? http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JANeyer" <...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

can't print black
I have installed a lexmark 6570 fax wireless. It would not print any doc's in black ink prints beautiful color pictures. I uninstalled and reinstalled did not help. I figured is was the printer. Installed an HP F4280 all in one, same problem. can someone get me some advice!!! -- twilltwo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twilltwo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180192.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1297957.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Cascading Combo for Chart Source
I have found some examples of how to use a combo to set the data source of an excel chart (see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html), using a combo to set an offset. In this case I'd have a combo box of counties which return number which is used as the offset. The relevant row is then used as the source for the chart. COUNTY WEEK01 WEEK02 WEEK03 WEEK04 Staffordshire 1.1 1.2 1.4 2.1 Derbysire 2.1 3.3 4.1 2.2 .... However, I have another spreadsheet that has the monitoring stations within counties. There are hundreds so it wouldn'...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

can I get "step by step" on color seperating for commercial printi
This is kind of an extension on my previous message but I feel it would help a lot more. Can someone give me a quick step by step on making a document with text and photo into a press quality color seperated piece using PMS colors and process black? Or maybe point me to a site that can give step by step on that stuff? ...

Move a single org chart shape
This is a simple question (I hope). I am trying to reduce the vertical space between the shapes at the top of my organizational chart. If I try to move or nudge any one of these shapes, all of the shapes below it also move thus making it impossible to close the gap. If I try using the "change spacing" feature, it rearranges all of the shapes in my chart. Any advice would be greatley appreciated. Claudia The change spacing feature has several options, one of which is the Selected Shape. That should allow you to change the spacing for that shape only. So, i...

Pivot tables lose of data fields when selecting
Having an issue with setting up pivot tables not to lose certain fields if users de-selects some. For example I have muliple column of data. a, b, c, d, e, f The user de-selects d, e, f; The next time they want to see D, E, F. The go back to the drop down menu and only see Show all, a, b, c. Is there anyway I can always keep them so they can reslect the data? I can go back into the wizard and add them back but that is time consuming and tring to teach that to 30 users is a bit tricky. ...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

Subscript in legend?
We have a chemical, with a subscript, that won't come up that way in the legend. We can change the entire legend or one legend entry but is there a way to just subscript one letter in an entry without creating our own legend from scratch? The only way is to use a font with sup and superscripts Do a Google for Chemistry Sans Serif font from J. Eric Slone Scientific Consulting I believe the font is free - else I would not have it on my PC! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Suzan" <Suzan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Can administrator empty Deleted items in each mailbox
Hi, Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items folder? Tx, Gasper Are you talking in each user's mailbox or the deleted items available for restore? What version of Exchange? -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Gasper" <NOSPAMgasper.derzanic@tipro.si> wrote in message news:tAfEb.108$%x4.10122@news.siol.net... > Hi, > > Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items > folder? > > Tx, > > Gasper > > > > Is it possible to delete Deleted items in each user mailbox on Exchange ...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

Can't Connect to Bank with Money 04 Trial Version
Hi, Does anyone know why I can't connect to my bank through the trial version of Money 04? I use quicken at the moment and after reading the negative reviews of the 04 update have decided to give money a try. The bank appears on the list of participating institutions and indicates that it is set up for direct connect/two way communication. However, when I go through the Online Services Manager it is listed under the heading "Banks that have no Service". I would appreciate any answers! Sarah ...

How to chart?
Need Help Charting Data -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 ...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

How can I see which lists a contact is a member of?
Hello, In Outlook 2007, is there a way to see which distribution lists a contact is a member of? We have lots of lists. We want to be sure that if we delete a contact in a group, instead of just removing it from the group, that the contact doesn't exist in other groups as well. Even a way to export to Excel would be ok, if there's nothing else. Thanks, - Alan. The following macro in Outlook will list all the distribution lists containing the name you enter into the dialog box in a Word document Sub ListNames() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim myNameSp...